Thread: ADMINS ?: Private Messages & other ?s

Default ADMINS ?: Private Messages & other ?s

In the old forum format we were able to 'save' 500 PMs ... in this new format, the limit is 100 and I'm getting a message to delete messages. Can this be changed, or do I have to lose these conversations?

Also, looks like we've lost a lot of forum functionality; cannot post links, html code off, no formatting, etc. Will this be returning at some point? Is there some centralized 'FAQ' place that I can find answers for all these 'buggy' little issues?
    Laura

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere

Thanks for fixing my inbox limit! Back to the ole 500 ... still not enough (for dino's like me who save virtually everything), but I really appreciate not having to eliminate 400 messages!
    Laura

You can always save the messages to a file. Click the checkboxes at the right of each PM to select the ones you want.
    Then at the bottom, choose:
    "Selected Messages: Download as XML, CSV or TEXT"
    Then click Proceed, and they'll be saved on your computer.
    It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts.

Moderator #5

Blog Entries

The limit only applies to folks in the "registered users" group. Everyone was placed into this group (made the update much easier) so all established users need to make 11 posts here before they unlock the "standard" goodies. This was mentioned a couple of times before the upgrade and will be part of a faq that I need to finish.

Thanks Mike and Mod 5 ... I realize I can download messages, however it makes for a more seamless forum experience for me to leave them here where I know how they relate to posting! @Mike - Sorry I missed the message before the upgrade, we've had a lot of family stuff going on and are traveling as well! I spent a good bit of time on the FAQ page yesterday which answered several questions and appreciate your time with this as well. Thanks
    Laura