Thread: Hello, I'm Back and Feeling Down

Default Hello, I'm Back and Feeling Down

Hi again people! It's good to be back on the old stomping grounds. So here it is Tuesday evening and I feel sad and lonely. Yes, my boyfriend, Dorr lives down the hall and we see each other every day. This loneliness is something that can't be cured by seeing another person---it's soul deep.

I feel so sad, too. I miss everyone and everything. I remember the home where I grew up, my parents (long gone) and being there with them and my sister. How I'd love to go back to those days for a while!

I lost 2 of my beloved birds last month and I miss them. Poor little things.

I'm not sleeping, which never helps.

Sorry for the whine, but I know you all understand. Thanks for listening.

Marion

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Marion, good to see you here. I am sorry about the loss of the feathery part of your family.

I know what you mean about the loneliness. House full of people but no one to fill that void we have here. Seems for me that as we get older and begin to lose friends and family that the void gets a bit bigger.

I hope you find something to ease it.

Hi Marion,

So glad to see you have made it back. I understand that "soul deep" feeling. It sure is an empty feeling isn't it. I remember the last weeks with my sister. Just sitting with her and scratching her iches because she couldn't. I think that was our last laugh together.

My Dad still lives in the house I grew up in. He hasn't moved a thing since we left. It's going to be one 'going back in time when we have to clean it .

Did you get any pictures of the birds before they passed? Would love to meet them if you can post them.

Dee

Community Member

Hi! Yeah, some voids just don't get smaller, it seems. I am sorry for the loss of your birds.

SMiles,
    Leo
    Dx: Epilepsy; depression; chronic GERD and peptic ulcer disease; pelvis and spine damage from accident.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Marion, I'm sorry about your loses. Cheer up hun, I know you can do it.

dee, Same here about my dad. My FIL too.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

how sorry i am that i did not send a shout out to you as i truly did think about you in the last week. put me in the same kinds category, i am just bogged down and fear as weather gets colder that will finifh off an hope of my spirits rising.

i know hearing others are in sad frame of mind doesn't help but i do hope things improve for you, myswelf and all of us who need an uplift. and bou, i mean a BIG uplify right now. please stay in touch with us.

Take everything in stride. I recently lost both of my parents within a couple of months of each other, and then a couple of my cats on top of that. As rough as things may seem, just remember, it can always be worse. Try to stay busy on any hobby that you can, and try to get out as much as possible. I know it can be hard. I'm in a bit of a slump, myself, right now.
    Craig Sheffield - Epilepsy, Chronic Pain (Shoulder, Back, Joint Hyper-mobility, Chronic Migraine), Limited Mobility, Asthma, Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Coma Survivor (2 week followed by full body paralysis. 2 months of PT and OT to walk again.)

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."