Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: What are the little things that make you happy? *part three moved

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

I'm glad it's Sunday morning and I will soon be ready to go to church. A trip to church makes me happy.
    I BBQed yesterday and I have wonderful leftovers. Nice leftovers make me happy I'm in the stage of "learning" to BBQ and yesterday was a great success. If it eve stops raining I'll try again.

Hearing that things are going well for Christie would make me very happy.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jingle I am glad your BBQ turned out. I love BBQ, so do the dogs LOL. You are right I think my BBQ grill has one more year on it's legs then we may have to let it go but it is that time.

I miss church but I can't get the awkward body contact at the beginning with the hugging and the music. If I am a few minutes late I can skip that part lol. I know that for some of those people that may be the only body contact they get and that is always a good healthy thing. I love it otherwise.

Yesterday I was happy to be able to leave the feral Miss Louise's foster room door open so she can start to get use to the rest of the house and can come out if she likes.

Weather was good. LOL, still thinking.

Today I am grateful to be here.

I am happy that I got up early enough to see the beautiful day this morning. Getting ready to thunderstorm now.

I am grateful for thunderstorms, I love them.

4. The following user says "thanks"

I sure don't like the thunderstorm that is rolling in late this afternoon -- it's a big, scary, dangerous monster, full of tornadoes, big hail, lots of bad stuff. More rain.
    I like that my little condo has a nice basement and I can get the cats there. I think, I hope I have time to go out for a Chinese lunch.

I don't like hugging at church (or anywhere) so I try to just quickly stick out my hand to shake hands instead of hug. I do like hugging with my cats - lol.

Blog Entries

Jingle yes the hand shake is an option, she even mentions it but then I feel like the kid who thinks they're too good. As for hugging, I am not a hugger normally, I do not like random people hugging me but I have given hugs to friends I haven't seen in a while. Yes and at church. There is a whole thing in there involving my mother but this is not the place for it and sure no one wants to hear so ....

Yesterday...

Got catio door relatively cat proofed after Bella figured out that she could pull at the edge of the screen to tear it out.

CJ looked at my car and figured out immediately what was wrong so now I know and can plan.

Got a friend caregiver to give me some meds, been out for days, and I will pay him when I can.

This morning, got to sleep in a little.

I am optimistic that I will get more done on the catio and get some work done in the kitchen.

I am optimistic to see the sun later today. Jingle I hope you are staying safe with all the storms. I can't imagine trying to scoop up all my kitties to get in the basement. The dogs go where I go lol, they're stuck like glue.

7. The following user says "thanks"

Last night the storms were really awful but they are over. While we were in the basement listening to all the warnings Peach just disappeared. I searched but never found her. Badcat wanted to be on me, wrapped in my arms with his head tucked in. Poor cat.

I have no memory of my mother hugging me even one time.

Blog Entries

Jingle that is terrible. My grandparents were the same way with my mother and uncle and my mom swore she would not be like them so she hugged us kids often but she was not a huggy person. She didn't like to be touched.

metal fence posts came so the fence can be started on.

I am grateful that I have enough things that I have collected over the years to make DIY projects for the catio

I am grateful to have had a little bit of money in my account, now I can buy cat food

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

I am grateful flowers are blooming

Miss Louise is slowly creeps her way out of the foster room more often,

My catio is relatively clean, by no means finished but clean enough for me to enjoy sitting out there.

12. The following user says "thanks"

I am happy that there is food in my refrigerator, food in my pantry and food in my freezer. And I have cat food too!!
    I am so fortunate to have so many blessings.

14. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Been rough lately

Grateful that CJ got his car fixed.

Grateful that Jared is graduating on time.

Grateful that my lawn got mowed lol.

16. The following user says "thanks"

Grateful that this old computer still works. I wonder what I would do without it

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast