Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the little things that make you happy? *part three moved

Distinguished Community Member

Lor,that should be at top of the list of STUPID laws!

my dog got washed yesterday also,she was digging for a mole & those muddy feet had to go! well guess how dumb I am? thought I used doggie shampoo & wondered why her feet were not getting clean....I'd used conditioner!

Just now reading this Pati, LOL. I have done the conditioner thing to my own hair before. And once I used some type of furniture spray instead of hair spray. Guess you could say without my glasses on doing hair, showering etc, I don
    t see very well at all.

Now today when we went to our usual grocery store, they had the hanging basket I had bought on sale. Pooey!! Made me mad for a minute. Then I thought about why I bought flowers in the first place, things so dreary in winter etc. So since I am way ahead of the game money wise since I am not buying canned dog food, I bought some more of the flowers that were on sale.

So this is a good time to say just how much I think of each and every one of you all.

Pati, that's too funny. I've used conditioner in my hair thinking it was shampoo. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't forming up.

I am so happy that the leaves are finally down and we can finish raking the leaves. O.k. I admit I don't rake them DH does. But I'm happy for him.

Happy that DH might be going deer hunting next weekend!!!!!

Happy for my DD because she is going to buy a horse. We haven't had any horse for years now. I do miss them.

Take care,
    Dawn

it is very unusual for my fingernails to be any long length at all....but right now they are not super long, i dispise that look anyway, but are a decent length. I have been enjoying polishing them now and hope to keep from breaking them off. Usually happens as they are paper thing anyway.

I have found the prettiest nail color tonight and love it. Wish I could paint my black toenails but just can't get my stiff and (large, LOL)BODY BENT LONG ENOUGH TO DO THE TOES., oops sorry. Reminds me of being a young girl again and for now it is fun to just paint my nails an enjoy it for awhile

I found a botle of stuff that says it will help people to stop biting their nails. I asked hubby to try it, didn't want to mess up my finished paint job. From his expression, it jusy might work for granddaughter. I hope so, she tries to resist biting them but so far has been unable to break the habit. I remember having the same trouble myself and I was older than she is now before I kicked biting my nails.
    Just a little thing, but still I am enjoying being a girl.

And house is so dreary these cold days I bought some more house plants to make another combined flower pot full of color, green mixed container to look at.

Last edited by joy; 11-07-2011 at 11:03 PM.

happy I got to leave the house yesterday.

very happy with the new rug to put next to my bed,it's some kind of VERY cushioned mat actually.

happy we are having decent weather here.

I am so happy that I felt well enough to cook some today. Yeah things maybe looking up finally. Some swelling but guess I might as well expect this from now on.

My little flighty grey and white birds are back. They are so easy spotted on the fallen tree out front. We still have the biggest stumps out. I want them moved off the dirt so bad so they will not be mud stained. I am determined to get a table top off one of the largest pieces. Daughter and DIL have expressed interest also. The bottom is unusual shape too. I want something from the tree.

I know I am nuts but I have always been crazy over trees. I have my favorite ones on the farm etc. The whole time we hoped to build out there, it was always a challenge to decide just which trees I wanted to look outside my windows to see. We were lucky as there were many places that had nice big oaks.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Pati & you others, When I read the 'stupid' mistakes you made, I thought of what I did. I use this certain bottled liquid cleanser on my face (Cetaphil, I think). I washed my face once & it seemed different, but I didn't think much of it. I used it the next 2 days before bed. On the 4th day my DD said "Hey mom, this stuff is lotion."

joy, My nails are paper thin too & bend backwards.

I'm glad I found a light up snowflake for the window. (I was thinking of telling the ppl on that Christmas decorating using lights & blow molds site, has now got to me too.)
    Lorraine (lor)

happy I was able to get 2 more of those memory foam rugs. they are nice!

happy you did some cooking Joy!

happy I lost #1,no idea why.

happy to just find out my eye doc bought the house next to us. I actually like him & his clinic partner.

i am happy to say this new medicine 500mg 3 times a day is working so far. Yay. No new redness and that is good. I still have burning high up where I can feel it but at least the bottoms is where they were really red so can only imagine if i felt them, what it wouldve burned. I like better not worse
    Last edited by joy; 11-23-2011 at 01:56 AM.

my friend Donna had to put off her this months chemo but was able to attend our fire department party last night. To my surprise she slipped me a gift. It was a neckalce with earrings that were for peace, wisdom, success, love I asked hubby to put the black wisdom ones in this morning as they will go with my birthstone colors well. No telling how long I will wear them before asking him to change them for me,. We had gifts and I got a pretty big sack, I loved just looking at the sack it was so pretty silver and gray. Inside were wall hanging that said Live well, Laugh often, Love much.. I hit the jackpot on gifts I say.

Without any further complications Donna will makeup that chemo this coming Thursday. I say anyone not having to do that is ahead as well. Please if you are a person that prays, keep Donna in mind. She is such a sweet person. Her husband is going to Indidna and she will be staying at home because his father lives with them. She is a trooper as he is a grouch it sounds like. I can't imagine being sick yourself and being caregiver for someone else but that is Donna.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast