Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the little things that make you happy? *part three moved

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Awwwwwwww :) My dd & I went shopping today & found a baby hummingbird on the sidewalk. We picked it up & put it in a decorative flower bed at the outside mall.
    We named him Hummy.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Default let's not let this thread drop off again!

made me happy to see 12 birds in the birdbath just now......except there wasn't much water! so I went out & cleaned the birdbath & gave them enough water to enjoy it!

made me laugh when a woodpecker was pecking outside the office this morning,drove my little doggie nuts!

happy the robins have almost eaten all the berries off the Mountain Ash,that means they will soon be leaving for warmer weather though.

makes me happy to have people posting on this forum again!

Hppy to see my hummingbirds eating now. It dropped down to 40 last night. So I aam keeping out plenty of nectar to fatten them up. They will be leaving soon. I have red birds and plenty of doves and of course sparrows that feed in back yard.

I found a good price on large size mums and bought 16 of them and some other type perinnials. Now to get hubby to do the digging for me.

We made a trip to lake to put in a water faucet that needed replacing. Son was there because of hunting so that was sorta a nice visit, but short. I usually see plenty of neat deer etc but this time I saw a half grown bobcat. I could make out his little long stubby tail. It was so neat getting to see a live one. Come to think of it, I doubt if it was even half grown as I have seen a grown dead one. This was such a neat treat for me.

My thoughts were stupid of course, awwwh how cute, I'd love to pet it even if those paws which were big could claw me to pieces, LOL. It reminded me of the manx cats we use to have. If I had a chance at getting another manx kitten, hubby would be in trouble - all my vows of not another pet would fly out of the window.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

has anybody noticed that most everybody that post here are nature lovers? We have so many deer around here they are a mixed blesssing. I think I heard a couple walking outside my bedroom window a couple weeks ago. Of course it could have been bears.

The deer are so common place around here it is hard not to hit or get hit by one even in the day time. I don't know how many people not so far from us have been hit and killed by deer.

Ken had 2 hit his car going to work one day. they were big, bent the car frame. It was a good thing he was driving my Dad's old Fairlane Ford, you know those that was still made out of something besides plastic. If one hit my little car it would total it.

Since I got my new camara I haven't been sitting on the porch watching the birds. One day I heard a BobWhite calling to another one way across the hwy. the bird was in some thick bushes near the ramp. then I would hear the one far off answer it. I wondered if they ever got together. lol lol Pati, you can call Ken and tell him I'm talking wonky again! lol

I'm glad so many are posting in this forum too. I posted in Chronic
    Pain awhile ago. I used to post there a lot, but it got down right crazy and I stopped going. Know how I know this? I was cleaning out files on my computer today and some of the things I found went back as far as 2005.!! I didn't even know most of these people either. It was awful.

I hear all kinds of noise, things bumping and sounds like running and such. Makes Ken angy for me to wake him up to go outside and look around. He'll open the front door and then come back to bed.

I'll stop blabbing and let somebody else post.

Love to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Seeing Big Queenie and Joy posting more.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Oh wait I got a few things that I need to be happy about.

The BF has a job he loves where he gets to dress up for work then sit in a cubicle and occasionally answer a phone or enter info into a computer. This place may be the job of a lifetime as soon as his six months with the temp agency is up.

B is hanging in there in Georgia. Still talking like he plans to be there for a couple of years. He is better off.

Got most of the repairs on our car done. One major thing to fix and then I will sell it and get something more me lol.

Got most of my flowers planted. Perennials.

Money is finally starting to come in.

Shortcake is still my little love monkey and has a new teacher that he already knows from seeing around other grades. She is gonna be another great one.

Christina I am thankful that some things are going okay for you. I hate that you are so miserable but I vote for you to keep posting even if you say the same thing every day. I just want to know you were online. Not knowing how others are can drive me outta my gourd believe it or not.

Christina what kinds of perinnials do you have? I have two pink fountain gaura and two miss tilly blue balloon flowers to plant. need to get that done. Has anyone seen the magazines with those beautiful stones that have moss growing in them? I absolutely love moss and am forever more bringing some home when we travel to lake and places like that. Hubby has brought me wild ferns like that as well. Of course I had a lot that i had transplanted under a tree in front yard, and hubby keeps spraying for weeds and killing off my moss!! I'd love to have a LOT of grape hyciants to use as a border. I noticed that my wild violets have taken over places in back of the house and the vines that I tried to get started have chocked out every perinnial that I planted that mother gave me.

Well I was telling my bobcat story to my neighbor who lives right up the road, at the end of our subdivision really. Well I have two stories for you all, LOL.

First of all about the bobcats. She said she recently has seen some bobcat babies crossing the road in front of her house going into the woods accross from her. How neat. Now my house is on about an 80 acre subdivision, her is at the road at end of subdivcision. And she has a field in back of her house and deep woods accross. All I have is houses around me and it is only about quarter mile to hers at that.
    lucky her.

Now the town area or city I should say stops in the middle of that road in front of her house. one half city other side, county. Seems the dogcatcher came to her house last week and gave her a ticket. Her dog was ON her porch but he insisted that since it was city she had to have dog on leash! She informed him it wasn't city and an argument broke out.

She finally informed her who her husband had been (Warren who died back about 2 years ago). He worked at City Water and Light and had drawn up the plans etc since he was a top man there etc. Anyway it will be funny to me to hear how this plays out. Seems that man was determined to just argue with a woman that day and he picked the wrong one to do it with, LOL. it doesn't take much to entertain me some days :o
    Last edited by joy; 10-24-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Default wish I had neighbor's to chat with!

Joy, you are fortunate to have someone to talk to. I get so lonely sometimes I think I'll go nuts for sure. but yet I don't like talking on the phone cause of my ringing left ear....go figure!

speaking of Bobcats. a few years ago my housemate's son caught one in the bucket of his tractor while clearing woods.

I can just look up & see the birds in the birdbath. want to get some sunflower seeds this year since I kept Lori's feeder.

Jo, things in nature are the ONLY things I can find to make me happy these days.

the blackberries are turning red/orange now. I do enjoy the fall colors but I hate the thought of cold weather to come soon. was in the 30's this morning. brrrrr

snow geese & such flying over always make me smile.

woodpecker seems to have gone elsewhere,it was funny getting the dog all riled up thinking someone was knocking at the door!

now this is NOT the right thread but here's my latest scare from a wasp! one got inside my ear! or tired to anyways. at first I thought it was ringing in my other ear,but then figured out it was a big buzzing sound & I was in for it! I went nuts of course batting my hands around,ran inside the house I looked in the mirror & sure enough the darn thing was on my sweatshirt! I freaked out trying to get that sweatshirt off & threw it outside. the wasp got away. they are after me like bee's to honey I tell ya.

Chris,it's always good to count our blessings. much of what isn't so good can't be helped ya know? we are all glad your BF has a good job now & that B. is in Georgia & Shortcake doing so well.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

joy, We found out about a weird law. I think it was an inspector that told us. In the spring we put screens on the porch then change them to windows in the fall. Well when we put the windows in (enclosing it) it changes from a porch into a room. Our house is built on the building line & when it's a porch it's OK but in the winter we are illegal.

Buttons.....EEEKk

Lisa just washed Candie. It smells like wet dog in here :(
    Lorraine (lor)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast