Thread: High blood pressure and withdrawel

Distinguished Community Member

Default High blood pressure and withdrawel

Hi everyone - was wondering if 178/90 is High? i was at my Psyc's office and was in severe pain, am having headaches and wonder if all this is normal. I was cut from 180ER. and 45 IR to 90ER. I am now at 90 ER. and 21mg. IR. Had a heck of a time - no fun. Still in severe pain and the VA does not give a (bad word)
    Suggestions
    blessings
    Alex44
    skypilot

Hi Alex, yes that is high. Do you take anything for B/P ? And remember that there are a number of them must be slowly discontinued. Plus pain in my case it runs it through the roof. And I take 6different meds jut for blood pressure.

Take care.

Alex, it is high but the number they really look at is the 90 and that isn't so bad. My Bp jumps way up when my pain increases so I bet your BP is more a reflection of your pain than any heart problem. I hope you are able to get some help with the pain as it does cause many problems and shouldn't be ignored despite what some doctors think.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Distinguished Community Member Pharmacist.steve's Avatar

That is high but not EXTREME high... hypertensive crisis ( Extreme high blood pressure) is not uncommon with a person in withdrawal... elevated pain can cause elevated blood pressure.. IMO.. if pressure gets above 200/100 the pt is at extreme risk of stroke and/or death...
    Pharmacist Steve
    www.pharmaciststeve.com