X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT July Chit Chat

good day boys and girls,,

hows the world been treating you,

gonna complain, about mother nature,, she left the spigots on in Iowa ,, we have received 6 inches rain since Saturday,, our fields are flooded, tornadoes touched down, by us,, its a real mess,,

I am hanging till the 15th,, surgery ,, nervous, maybe a little,, I think anyone would be,,

so take care,, and don't let the bed bugs bite,,lol
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Bed bugs biting? And I thought it was the cats!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

:) Peg good luck with your surgery. I'm praying for you. It seems everyone's weather is acting strange, floods, droughts, etc.

Now we have a tropical storm right off our coast which they say will be a hurricane tomorrow. I am praying it goes out into the Atlantic and away from here.

I had to go to a funeral this morning and I hate my hair. The perm made it dry and brittle and even rolling it hardly makes it look better. At the cemetery the wind was blowing very strong. When I got back in my van my hair had blown in all directions and looked like I had stuck my finger in a light socket.

I am sitting here with the heating pad on my leg and the pain has gotten very frustrating. I can hardly put any weight on that leg as it hurts too much to stand on it. I have to keep using it though so it does not get where I can't use it at all. Whining but it is hard not to. I have it easier than Cat and Gabriella. I hope both of you give us an update.

Everyone have a safe 4th. Andy and Jamie both have birthdays on July 5th. They are 5 years apart. I will probably take them out to dinner. Jeanie :)
      Last edited by Jeanie Z; 07-01-2014, 08:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

It was 96' here today. Living on the north-facing side of the building, if I stay inside and open the windows wide in the early part of the day, then shut them later on, I don't have to use the AC, but by this evening it turned itself on.

You have to love air conditioning.

When I was in my teens many people still didn't have it at all. In Chicago people would sleep along the lakefront in the hopes of a cool breeze.

Peg, I've been noticing news stories about your flood. Never a dull moment--or maybe it's never a dry moment. Hope this ordeal will end soon for you.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Well, today we celebrate 43 years of marriage. Amazing that we made it this far, especially after having spent the last year having a house built. It's no joke that many marriages don't survive that process. We've had more "disagreements" in the past year than in the entire 43 years we've been together. I guess we're both just stubborn! Thank goodness the house is in the final stages of completion.

MS is still acting up, left hand still numb, but at least the silent migraines have let up. Hot and dry here. Peg, please, please send some of that rain here! I would do a raindance if I could!

Wishing everyone a peaceful 4th.
          Peg, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Joan

Comment

Happy Anniversary Joan!

We are still living in the house--on our farm--that we rebuilt over 40 years ago. I can't believe the decisions I made then. How I wish we could gut the inside and open up the rooms. I would make the whole first floor one large kitchen. Lots of room to move around..lots of seating options..lots of room to laugh and visit. My kitchen area would be the living room. Television and stuff like that would be in the closet! (I hate how the television is the focus..or the ipad etc.)
            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

:) Hi everyone. Happy Anniversary Joan! Gabriella and Cat please check in. Peg I hope it dries up there. I'm praying for all of you.

The hurricane, Arthur looks like it is headed for South and North Carolina. We will probably only get a lot more rain. Unfortunately every time we get rain now the Arny Corp of Engineers and the South Florida Water Management release water from Lake Okeechobee into the rivers to the east. The fish kills and algae from those releases cause businesses who depend on being on the river to lose money. They have been promising for years to make a water holding area south of the lake in the Everglades but have done nothing even though they have the federal funds to do it and the property set aside for it.

I just got up at noon. I am very tired and my leg hurts. I am almost out of groceries so I have to go shopping today or tomorrow for sure. The grocery sales start on Thursday so I think I will order food delivered tonight and wait until tomorrow.

I am happy y'all are all here. Jeanie :)

Comment

(((Jeanie))) I am on the border between Virginia and North Carolina I would hope it brings some rain by the time it gets here. That happened before, I think it was Hugo, but passed right through the area. Thankfully, by the time hurricanes reach land, it starts pulling the force from them.

It was still a little unnerving to hear how hard it was blowing, and it rattled the roof a few times. Not too bad, but to be in the path of one blowing full force would be terrifying. I hope this one will change course, and move away from everyone.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Anniversary Joan. Nice work you two!!

Today is a usual hump day for me. That dam hump grows bigger every year.

Peg, wrapping Angel wings around you for your safe and successful operation.

Feel better Jeanie, Cat and Gabriella.

For all.......
                  Last edited by SalpalSally; 07-02-2014, 07:31 PM.
                  Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Happy Anniversary Joan,, its amazing isn't it,,,, Farmer Joe and I, were married 41 yrs,, LAST Monday, the 23rd of June,,I just tell him, I am to old to train a new one,,lol.. house building we done that and a barn, garage,,its amazing when its done,,and yes I will Fed X some rain to ya,,

Made cole slaw and a couple loafs of zucchini bread, whos coming over to my farm to help eat ?,,

later..
                    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

I WILL, I WILL!!! And the cats too if it's okay. They have very good manners. (Didn't Rain Man say something like that?)

Albert Einstein

Comment

I think Rain Man said he was a good driver. Are your cats good drivers?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

:) Happy Anniversary to Peg and Joe too! I could eat a whole loaf of zucchini bread. Jeanie :)

Comment

Rain Man said he was a VERY good driver.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Anniversary to both Peg and Joan!

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X