Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat II

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Sally, I had to look up TMI. I thought it meant That's Mighty Interesting. And Vicky, that's funny you mentioned pictures. After my bath, I accidently sat on my camera, and it went off. I'll put both you and Sally down for a copy.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

DD started her new Job today. They met her contract. She will be doing, much the same,
    as she was doing at Wells Fargo....Selling surety bonds, and she loves it!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Another sad day. We had to have our sweet old cat, Cutie, put to sleep today. She had kidney failure, was mostly blind, and was having lots of tooth problems. We just could not put her through any more. We will miss her dearly.

Well, I haven't had a "flair" since I started taking LDN about 9 years ago, but MS is rearing it's ugly head again now. My left hand has been numbish for 4 days now. Monday I had a silent migraine (only the visual symptoms that usually precede the headache, such as blind spots in my central vision, zig zag lines and flashing light, ect. lasting about 30 min.). Then it happened again yesterday but the visual problem was followed by intense pain behind my right eye. The pain lasted about 2 hours, then it disappeared.

Anyone ever experience any of this?

This is what they said about silent migraine on Web MD:

What Causes Silent Migraines?

Researchers are now looking at migraine aura and pain as two distinct mechanisms. Doing so is leading to a better understanding of silent migraine.
    In the past, experts thought migraines were primarily a problem with blood flow in thebrain. That is they thought of them as "vascular" events. They now believe aura is a "neurovascular" event. That means it involves the way nerve cells are firing in the brain and how nerve cell activity relates to the brain's blood flow. Aura appears to be a case of overstimulation and then depression of nerve cell activity in the brain.

Hmmmm! Experiences or opinions appreciated.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another sad day. We had to have our sweet old cat, Cutie, put to sleep today. She had kidney failure, was mostly blind, and was having lots of tooth problems. We just could not put her through any more. We will miss her dearly.

Well, I haven't had a "flair" since I started taking LDN about 9 years ago, but MS is rearing it's ugly head again now. My left hand has been numbish for 4 days now. Monday I had a silent migraine (only the visual symptoms that usually precede the headache, such as blind spots in my central vision, zig zag lines and flashing light, ect. lasting about 30 min.). Then it happened again yesterday but the visual problem was followed by intense pain behind my right eye. The pain lasted about 2 hours, then it disappeared.

Anyone ever experience any of this?

This is what they said about silent migraine on Web MD:

What Causes Silent Migraines?

Researchers are now looking at migraine aura and pain as two distinct mechanisms. Doing so is leading to a better understanding of silent migraine.
    In the past, experts thought migraines were primarily a problem with blood flow in thebrain. That is they thought of them as "vascular" events. They now believe aura is a "neurovascular" event. That means it involves the way nerve cells are firing in the brain and how nerve cell activity relates to the brain's blood flow. Aura appears to be a case of overstimulation and then depression of nerve cell activity in the brain.

Hmmmm! Experiences or opinions appreciated.
    I'm so sorry about your cat. That must have been a painful experience.

I don't know much about silent migraines and so can't be of any help, but I wonder if the strain of caring for your cat at the end might have had a role in bringing on some symptoms.

Last summer my cat was gradually failing and I knew she was fatally ill with cancer. Taking care of her wore me down and a number of problems cropped up. And of course there was the emotional drain involved in losing her--which can wear a person down physically due to disturbed sleep, maybe not eating as well as you should. It's a very stressful time and hit me much harder this time around than it did 9 years ago, when another cat died.

Cutie probably had a happy life. Now she's at peace, and you certainly did whatever you could to help her.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

So sorry about Cutie.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Awww Nuthatch, so sorry that it was Cutie's time to go to Kitty
    heaven. I know you will miss her terribly. So sad

I believe that Migraines are caused, among other things, by MS.
    My DD, who now has MS, had a series of migraines in her late
    puberty. It came out of nowhere and left a few months later,
    never to return. Then in her early teens she had Shingles, at
    such a young age, which, I also think is related to MS.

I hope this thingy doesn't last for you and that the LDN helps
    to shorten it's duration. (((((Hugs)))))
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Nuthatch,

So sorry about Cutie, it's never easy to let go, no matter what the circumstances or being what needs to happen.

Please take care of yourself, ok? And know that you gave Cutie a good life for as long as she was blessed to be in your family.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Nuthatch I am sorry about Cutie. I had to put my 17 year old dog to sleep recently and miss him a lot. I hope you have another cat or get one to keep you company.

I can't get another dog because I am unable to get on both sides of my two doggie doors to train a dog how to go into the back yard. And I can't get a cat because I am allergic to them. I am giving some thought to a rabbit but I don't know if I am allergic to them or not. They can learn to use a cat box.

Today I bought a refrigerator. The one I have has double doors and I cannot get into the refrigerator side with my scooter as there is not enough room. I have only been using the freezer and a small refrigerator in my computer room since David died. The one I got has the freezer on the bottom and I can reach the top shelf of the refrigerator part on my scooter and the doors will open against the wall so I will have use of the whole thing. It will be delivered on 7/11. I have missed salad things.

It was 98 this afternoon and I get annoyed with the weather men giving lower temps when all three of my thermometers show higher. They do not want tourists to know how hot it really is. A friend said the temp with the humidity today was over 100. I can't imagine what August will be like.

Everyone take care. You are all in my nightly prayers. Jeanie :)

Cool

Jeanie, when you get the new fridge, make sure the doors open the way you want. Most, if not all these days, can be easily changed to open either direction. It would be easy for the installers to change it if it's not the way you want. Enjoy your new appliance!
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member

I'm so sorry, Nuthatch, about Cutie!! But it sounds like you gave her a long and loving life, and did the best you could with her to the end. It's always hard when our furkids die.

As for the silent migraines. I have had those in the past. Freaked me out the first time, as I thought I was having a stroke. Drs debated as to whether they were migraines or strokes, too..and settled on migraines. I expect to have them in the future, too. It makes sense that if they're now deciding that these specific types of migraines are related to the nervous system that there would be some connection to MS.

As for the more traditional migraines, the type where your head feels like it's splitting, where any light is agony, where you just want to crawl in a dark closet somewhere: I had those too, when I was younger. Doctor then thought they might be related to hormone imbalances, as they most often occurred right around the time of my menstrual cycle.

Then there is the cluster headache, which my husband gets, also a form of migraine: settles behind one eye, for him triggered by flashing light (like when he drives down a tree lined road with the sun coming through the trees).
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast