Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat II

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but an apple a day sure goes through the toilet paper.
    And Thongs!!! Eeeewww.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Even I will say ewwww to that one!
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) My son came today and put the rotating HDTV antenna on top of the TV console and now I get about 8 more channels and much clearer pictures. The roof antenna was over 20 feet high on the roof and I was afraid it would land on the neighbor's house in a hurricane. I am glad it is down now. Also the bedroom TV only got 2 channels before and now it gets them all too.

I am blessed to have two great sons. I appreciate all their help. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

What is that antenna your son put on top of the tv. We also use an antenna and it came off the roof we are repairing.

Thanks!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Cool

I have a powered antenna that has a rotator for it, mounted in a 12 foot pole, but just keep it pointed pretty much the same direction. I have another antenna fixed to the roof. Once they both come through the wall, they are joined into one cable, that then runs into a digital converter, then to one of my TVs.

But I usually watch DVDs, or Dish Network through the satellite dish. I'm an electronic gizmo junkie.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

:) Linda it is an Able Signal HDTV outdoor antenna with the WA-2802 on the box, I guess the model. Made by ESO 9001 Certified Factory. My son bought it on EeBay for $30. He has his in his attic or it can go outside but that made the signal too stong at his house. It says range 150 miles. It has a remote to turn it to stations. Mine is on top of a high cabinet that holds the TV and has drawers below. Jeanie :)

Cool

Scrub a dub-dub,
    Three cats in the tub

Yes, I just took a nice HOT bath. Even though it's hot outside, and I started the day mowing the grass, it feels so good getting out of the tub, and planting yourself in front of the AC.

And yes Sally, I gave the crack in the world a good scrubbing.

Summer is moving in for awhile, but I know it will get hotter. But I start mowing at like 9:00, and I can handle it just fine. My neighbors mowed a good chunk of it yesterday. I SO appreciate that.

Time to rustle up some grub, and beat the cats. I'm WAY overdue.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Scrub a dub-dub,
    Three cats in the tub

Yes, I just took a nice HOT bath. Even though it's hot outside, and I started the day mowing the grass, it feels so good getting out of the tub, and planting yourself in front of the AC.

And yes Sally, I gave the crack in the world a good scrubbing.
    Arggghhh...TMI...Stupid sponge..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalpalSally View Post
    Arggghhh...TMI...Stupid sponge..
    Calm down, Sally. At least he didn't post pictures!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Still working to get all the pieces in place with Mom and Dad. Today my sister went over to do the books and bills and discovered that an inactive credit card had been activated and not paid and had 6.95/month for Classmates .com (mom was looking for someone from the class of 1950) and when it was not paid, they added a $35 late fee. Tricia managed to get the fee waived and take Classmates.com off the monthly billing cycle. It took her nearly 5 hours but all the bills are paid and books balanced. Spoke with both Dad's Oncologist and PCP today on conference call with my sister Tricia (their durable POA for health care up there) and got care transferred to the local new doc so there won't be any more 4 hour round trips to the doc since there is nothing more he can do.

Top it all off with one of my former CNA students coming into the office yesterday to buy several properties from a couple of the agents there. She has gotten caught up in a scam to buy foreign currency that is devalued and it should revalue in a few weeks! Pretty much sunk all of her liquid assets into buying the Vietnamese Dong (500,000 notes) Bought each for a dollar and expects to get a half million dollars for each in a couple of weeks....hence all the offers on property. She was a young widow of 50 when I taught her and now is 75 and clearly a lovely sweet demented lady. Her son apparently hid her purse (with all of the foreign currency in it along with her car keys) today and she called three or four of us to see if she left it in our offices yesterday. He says it is in the house but where, she does not know. At least everyone in the office is now alert to that scam. Better Business Bureau lists it as in the top 10 scams of 2013.

It got up to 79 here briefly today but is a lovely 67 , dry cool evening here now. David just finished washing my car and I hear the vacuum outside although I cannot imagine it being messy or dirty enough to need vacuuming. Maybe he's doing his car now!

Peg,
    So sorry about the flooding. Praying all goes smoothly with the surgery and your quality of life improves as a result.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast