Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat II

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT June Chit Chat II

a little long , IMO,, so we start a new one,, alright, settle down,,lol

I suppose you all heard about the mid/western floods in Iowa,, yes we had to move things to higher ground, our hayfield is completely under water.. good thing we baled hay last weekend,, the guys were scrambling, that's for sure,, we got 3 inches in less then 45 minutes,,ewww,, some farmers lost their entire fields ,,:(

not much else I go to Iowa City this Friday,, a pre/op..

so take care,, later,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

I can't help but feel so sad when a farmer's fields are under water. What luck to have been able to harvest last week. We are picking sugar snap peas and snow peas these days. Next week the shell peas will also be ready. Labor intensive but I can pick by crawling and using a solid bushel to fill which is also what I push on when I want to stand. Yesterday at market I was sold out three hours before the market closed!

Hope all goes well next week. I will think of you when I am crawling and picking.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Good luck Peg. I'm glad you harvested early. I do not think the Chit Chat was too long. Even last month at 9 pages. I would prefer each Chit Chat to run the entire month. I can choose how many pages I want to read.

I stayed in bed most of yesterday. I have absolutely NO energy and I am really tired of the groin and leg pain. It does not hurt when I lay down.

My son Jim is coming tomorrow and try to fix my antenna so I get more channels on TV.

I am headed back to bed. Y'all have a good day. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, it has to be heartbreaking to watch all your work going because of flooding.

And you must be gearing up for the surgery while you're busy getting out of the way of the water.

Some people haven't checked in here in a while.

Virginia, for instance?

I'm up to my ears in housing recertification paperwork, which happens every year but never gets any easier.

I finally have hearing aids that don't keep falling out.

I could whine on but really I should be quite contented. There has been no really hot weather here yet. They've finished painting the inside common areas of this building. And new glasses are coming my way this week.

And I've been trying to get outside every day to walk around by pushing my wheelchair. After several days of this, 10-25 minutes a day, my legs aren't so wobbly when I get up in the morning. This is a huge improvement.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Haven't checked in here in a while? I'll bet you are talking about me aren't you? I knew it, that SpongeBob thong really makes a lasting impression. I'll bet Sally REALLY misses it.

I'm watching 2 shows on TV at the same time. Bigfoot, and a UFO show to. I wish I had the split screen setup, and I may, but don't know how to start it. So I watch one 5 minutes, then the other. I've seen both shows on both channels before, so it's not like I'm really missing anything.

Peg, you know many will be with you in thought. But don't flood the hospital.

I really wish it would rain here. In the 90's, and very dry. Even the yard is getting brown, dry spots.

Everyone have a great coming week!
    Last edited by Howie; 06-22-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haven't checked in here in a while? I'll bet you are talking about me aren't you?
    Is your name Virginia?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Cool

Why yes....yes it is.
    Last edited by Howie; 06-22-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member

Agate stop encouraging him!!!

Last day of our mini vacation we are moving our son back home. I drove the motorhome up as it is less than 300 miles and we can pack everything in it and his Ford Explorer Daughter came along as well and we have had a great time in Moscow, Idaho my wife went to the University of Idaho as well so there doesn't seem to BE any other schools in our family. Had some good food and many MANY refreshening adult beverages. And with the exception of the mattress everything else is packed. But it has been quite warm low to mid 80's very unusual for them. Son is living in a townhome and our MH is parked right out front. I just can't get used to the city noises. We live so far off the county road that we cant hear any traffic sounds at all.

On the end of the roid taper. so far so good........... And I am not feeling too bad. I am using my sons's apple something or another to post tonight. THis is the first apple that I have used in several years. Seems identical to my laptop windows pc.

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

a apple a day, keeps the doctor away Gary.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Cool

Yes, but an apple a day sure goes through the toilet paper.
    Roswell was a gift.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast