Thread: Roll Call time again - Like to hear from everyone

Distinguished Community Member

Cool Roll Call time again - Like to hear from everyone

I know we are all busy with Summer - Here in AZ. it is over100 degrees by noon or so , so not much gets done. Pain control , well I am still waiting on the VA ( yeah I know, Good luck with that) S/O may have found a good doc. we shall see. If you all can take a minute just to say HI - Maybe give some fun suggestions for the summer if you are able to - I know some of us really go thru it with weather changes.
    Blessings to everyone.
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

((((((Alex)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that you're still waiting on the VA. Aaagghhh! I feel frustrated on your behalf, and on behalf of all other vets in your situation. It's just so wrong. But I'm glad that your S/O has found a good doc, and I pray for you both to be healthy and pain-free.

Fun Ideas for Summer When It's 100 Degrees Outside ~

1. Breakfast Picnic ~ Instead of lunch, when it's blazing hot, have a morning picnic, when the temps are cooler. Cold orange juice, iced tea or coffee, a healthy wrap filled with veggies, scrambled eggs. Fresh fruit. In a park under the shade of a tree. Or on your patio.

2. Smoothies ~ Freeze fruit or use ice cubes, mix fruit and green veggies, or just straight veggies or straight fruit, (have fun experimenting),add yogurt, or coconut milk. A cool, frosty, refreshing, healthy drink.

3. Watch The Sunsets ~ By then, the temps are cooler. Take a stroll to find the nicest spot to view the sunset. Or take a drive to a nice spot. Sunsets are calming and healing.

4. Explore local and surrounding places of interest. Check on the internet for towns in your area and see what events they have to offer, what treasures might be there, or maybe a great restaurant. Maybe a resident Native American tribe is holding a pow wow, dancing, drumming, flutes, costumes.

5. Read a great book together with your S/O and discuss the chapters each day.

6. Watch movies with tropical locales. Grab some popcorn and put your feet up. Imagine you're there.

That's all I've got for now!

Just remember to take time to enjoy each day as best as you possibly can. And count your blessings. That's what we do in our family.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, and Michael, 32, who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. April 2020, Jim, the world's most wonderful Dad, joined them. Now, they all watch over me.

Thank you Rose. Some very good ideas - esp. the one about a b'fast picnic sounds like fun. Hope this finds you and yours doing as well as you can. We are trying to find local events to go to. Thank yu.
    Many Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Checking in and I love the hot weather. I like nothing better than to get out in the hot sun and do some yard work. To keep cool you can have a damp towel around your neck. For those without AC check out this video on how to make an $8 AC [it works] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaC0dlRENk0
    It is always relaxing and cooling to lay by the pool with it gets hot or remember running [walking any more] under the sprinklers.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Hi!

Can't really think of any suggestions for summer. I'm pretty much stuck indoors due to the weather. (I have severe photophobia)

Welcome to the board, Melian! Sorry about the photophobia. I can't go out either, the heat is just too much 105+ here in SUNNY Arizona. :)
    BlessingsAlex44
    Skypilot

Thought I would check back in. I am still recovering from the trip up North to my FIL's funeral and then coming home. Just as I started to get back into a regular sleeping pattern my son got violently ill vomiting every hour until he was so dehydrated but couldn't keep anything down including the medication the doctor prescribed. Off to the 24 clinic, instead of sleeping, so my son could get an IV infusion to rehydrate him and check his blood for infections. He is doing great now but I am just tonight getting back into the regular sleep cycle, if I am lucky.

I hope everyone else is doing fine. We have been having hot weather then cool weather and it is becoming a regular cycle this summer.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life