Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Swallowing Test Tomorrow

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A big WELCOME BACK, Gabriella!

Let's hope that the worst of this ordeal is over for you. Soon you'll be feeling better and stronger. Sometimes time and more time is what is needed.

I'm glad your family is on tap to help out.

Thanks so much for posting. Many have been concerned.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Wow. Sounds like we did have cause for concern. I'm so glad you are more or less pass that. Wishing you steady continuing recovery.

4. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Your post has soothed a lot of our worries. I hope knowing that we are all so happy to hear your voice again...well, I hope that makes you smile. Are you smiling?
    Can you feel our loving thoughts? I hope so.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Gabriella, when I saw that you had finally posted, I was only able to shout a loud "Yea" to myself. It is good just hearing from you, though you have been through so much I am not at all surprised that you did not get back on sooner. I know you are still going through an awful lot, but thankfully it sounds like things are a little better than before.

We have all been pulling for you and very concerned. Please come back whenever you are able, even if you cannot post much.

We miss you a lot! Also, prayers will continue on.
    Virginia

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Sunshine's Avatar

Holy mackerel Gabriella, you've been through some pretty rough treatment. I admire your will to survive, you're a strong person. Keep resting and know that many people are thinking of you.

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Gabriella)))))) ~

Like all of your wonderful friends here, I am so glad to see your post, because that means that you are feeling well enough to post. What a challenging and difficult ordeal your have endured. Your stamina and determination are amazing. I'm so grateful that you have the love and support of your sons, daughters-in-law and brother, and that you have received good medical care.

If you have any questions or concerns about your feeding system, please post on the Child Neurology forum. Several of us have children with G or G/J feeding lines, and we'd be very happy to help you in any way we can.

My prayers for you have been continuous, and I will continue to send you healing energy and prayers for strength and a rapid and complete recovery.

Blessings to you ((((((Gabriella)))))) ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

12. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Gabriella are you able to eat anything by mouth? It sounds like your surgeries were very extensive. I am glad you are healing good and that your family is supportive and helpful. I am glad you are not going to have chemo or raadiation as I think both of those do as much harm as they do good. Radiation and chemo destroyed a lot of my DIL's organs and none are working right now. Keep us posted when you can. I am continuing to keep you in my prayers. Merry Christmas. Jeanie :)

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I'm slowly finding out what I can eat and it is not much as I can't hold much. Only certain foods as some make me nauseous especially sugar and fat such as cookies which are my favorite things. I get enough thru the J line right now but it is nice to be able to swallow liquids again. I'm still on heavy pain medication so I sleep a lot but I need the rest in order for my body to heal. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts you have expressed.

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Gabriella, everyone is really glad you made it. I'm sorry you can't have your favorite foods but I'm happy you'll be able to celebrate the holidays!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

18. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I second what Vicky said. Just glad you are with us and hope that soon you will be able to tolerate a little more food that you enjoy. I really hope you have a good Christmas this year in spite of everything. Maybe just being with your family will help a lot.
    Virginia

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast