Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Swallowing Test Tomorrow

Distinguished Community Member

Gabriella, I am praying for you daily and hoping for the best report possible. Keep us posted.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Gabriella)))))) ~

Praying steadfastly for you and sending you healing, positive energy ~

Let Go and Let God ~

The Daily Word has been an inspirational resource for me since my childhood, when I used to read my grandmother's copy of their little magazine. I highly recommend visiting their site daily. And their telephone prayer service has helped me tremendously through some very difficult passages in my life. They are so compassionate and comforting. They don't preach or ask you for money. They simply pray with you. And they will continue to pray for you for 30 days.

http://www.dailyword.com

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

Gabriella,

I am sorry to hear this news. I have put you in my prayers.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

The biopsy has confirmed a rare type of esophageal cancer. So the battle has begun. I have an appointment on Friday with the Thoraic Surgeon again as well as a pending appointment with an oncologist when he gets back in the office next week.

I will need all my energy and time to do battle with this new enemy so I will not be posting any more to this thread. As victories are won I will keep you all updated. Just keep me in your prayers and thoughts for a successful outcome.

And please remember that symptoms need to be checked out even though they may be on the MS list as everything is NOT....... MS!

Love and Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

5. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Gabriella you have been in my prayers but I will add some extra prayers for you. When I had cancer I used to visualize little Pacmen gobling up the cancer cells each night. I am thankful you caught it early. Jeanie :)

Gabriella, the prayers will continue on for as long as you need them. As you are able just let us know what is going on.
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gabriella, I'm so sorry you've been given this diagnosis. I hope your type of cancer turns out to be beatable.

It may be true that believing you can get the better of this disease will help you to do just that.

Hoping for the best possible outcome for you!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Keep your hope by your side....she will be your best friend for a while..

These battles are sometimes won. More often than not. It has been many years since my malignant melanoma was removed. I have almost forgotten how many. It is gone and never coming back. Like an unwelcome guest. Whew!
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

10. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

(((((((Gabriella)))))))
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Default Update

Hi fellow BrainTalkers, I thought I should let you all know what is happening. I've had 4 Friday afternoon appointments with the surgeon and one with the oncologist. They forwarded all my test results to M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. The tissue biopsy which was done during the ultrasound endoscopic procedure here was also rechecked by their pathologist. The pathologist also concluded I have Primary Melanoma of the esophagus so I will be going to Anderson for treatment as soon as they can get me in for an appointment with all the doctors in their Melanoma Clinic.

I was going to get a stent put into my esophagus to enlarge it in order to take in more than just liquid nutrition but I came down with bronchitis and I would have to have general anesthesia. The doctors here do not know what treatment I might have, as they have never had a case of melanoma which presents in the esophagus. It is only in the last 5 years that chemo drugs to treat it have been developed. Radiation doesn't affect it and Anderson has only had 2 cases in the past 19 years.

I watched the movie "The Shawshank Redemption" last night for more times than I can remember. It's a great movie and if you have not seen it I would highly recommend it. It is the best movie I have ever watched and I would watch it again.

One quote of Andy's (played by Tim Robbins) "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things".

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 08-31-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast