Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swallowing Test Tomorrow

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe they do know but they need to rule out any other possible causes.
    I find it disturbing that if that was the case they couldn't have said so. Patient worry is apparently not a concern of theirs.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All too many medical providers seem to be too overloaded to give much thought to how their plans and comments affect the patient.

They also seem to be eager to leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding anything that could possibly be going wrong with you, even before they come up with something to relieve the problem.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member

I still have to followup with a gastroenterologist since the other test just went down as far as the collarbone and the pain is lower down. I don't think worry is on their radar nor concern about the time lapse between the problem and finding an answer to the problem.

As far as the people who work in the medical field (whom I encounter) these days nurses, assistants, office personnel,etc.....their experience could have been working for Walmart or McDonald's.

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

I finally got an answer from the nurse yesterday. My neurologist does not want me to go to a gastroenterologist. Why? I don't know. The baclofen has not helped me yet and I am getting less and less food down each day. Tomorrow, I will have to go out and get some Ensure but really don't even feel up to leaving the house. It has put me in a deep pit of depression as everything seems to be going out of control. I will come back here if anything changes but I need to take a break for a while.

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

((((((Gabriella))))))..Feel better soon please.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Gabriella- Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

All my best,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Default Gratitude

I feel so fortunate to have a forum to come to and share the good and the bad that goes along with life. On Monday, as I was still having pain in my chest as well as additional symptoms of night sweats and chills, I started calling the doctors who are treating me. The urologist's nurse called back and told me it was not a urology problem and advised me to call my PCP and run everything by him so I did. His nurse called me back and said he wanted me to go immediately to the ER. I never heard back from the neurologist office and still haven't. You remember he is the one who has been treating me for the chest pain with baclofen which hasn't worked.

After I rounded up my son, we headed downtown in a thunder storm of rain and wind I was given the necessary evaluation tests and we waited in the ER from 4p until 8p for a bed to open in the ER. It was overflowing with patients and I later learned Monday's are the busiest day and what they refer to as the "sick bus" arrived at 3p. The ER doc had all the tests results back by that time and was prompt in telling me I would be moved to the Cardiac Observation Unit as soon as a bed opened up and a cardiologist would be in charge of my case.

I got moved about 10p and the fun began. If you have not needed to go for chest pain lately they have a test that has to be repeated every 3 hours around the clock so I managed with a Zanax pill to get a 3 hour nap between giving blood for labs. Yesterday, I had a Nuclear stress test (not able to walk the threadmill) but all's well that ends well only it hasn't ended yet.

I have been referred to see a gastroenterologist whom I was advised NOT to see by my neurologist. I have an appointment Friday and another pill to take. I feel better just venting the frustration to a good bunch of people who are understanding. To be continued.........

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 06-25-2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Thanks for the update...

My spasms of the esophagus are back and so I am eating less but drinking Ensure so I am full of energy.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Default Answer

The cardiologist in the ER called today to tell me that I still have the UTI infection and the antibiotic I was still taking is not working so he is changing it to another. I should call my urologist office and tell them the night sweats and chills were because I DO still have an infection. They told me when I asked if I should come in and get rechecked as I felt like I did still have a UTI that since I was still on an antibiotic it would NOT show up. I guess that nurse didn't know what she was talking about as the culture showed E.Coli....the same bacteria as before.

Another complication.....a neurogenic bladder that keeps infections for over 2 years!!! It's no wonder I have felt so bad for so long as any infection just makes the MS worse. I need some energy so tomorrow I'll buy some Ensure. To be continued........

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 06-25-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gabriella, I hope the new antibiotic will do the job of clearing up your infection. Cold sweats and chills can mean that the kidneys are getting into the act. I hope that a doctor is monitoring you pretty carefully. Is this in the urologist's hands at this point?
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast