Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WI Sunner 2011

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Default WI Sunner 2011

On the 7th I was not feeling well, had a huge headache and nausea, We headed to the ER and after a CAT scan, I was sent home with pain & nausea pills. The next day it was worse, back to the ER. This time they did an MRI and the results were a 14mm tumor on the Pituitary Gland. I had them call my sister, K. She is one of the First Responders ERS and I told them that she could have ANY question she had answered. Then I was transported by ambalance to Green Bay. Hank was held at the ER until K could get there. What I didn't know, was that my brother, L, was at the clinic there and K called him to sit with Hank until she got there. Hank was well taken care of at the time. K and Hank came to GB to Monday and K took a day of vacation and was there on Tuesday. On Wednesday, L and his wife spent the day with Hank; on Thursday, sister, V, brought Hank to GB; on Friday, K was off from work and had Hank back down to see me. I also had another MRI with contrast to check if there was any vasular problems - none. A friend picked Hank up on Saturday, came to GB and I was discharged and she brought me back to the cabin. So, how did your week go?
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

Oh Jan I hate to hear this. I am praying things go well after this. I rather picture you at the cabin surrounded by family and friends. Any plans to have it removed, surely? I am in a bit of shock still and not sure of what to say and don't want to just blabber on here. Rather frightning to know it got to be that big before headaches or something!!! Just know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Reflecting back, I have been having headaches, but I tend to push things wrong with me in the background. Then, with dealing with Hank, I thought it was just tension. I have an appointment in GB with the doctor on Monday. IF it better to remove it, I want it done right away. I have help with Hank and we are going back to TX in a month. And that is written in stone. As I understand, they can go through the nose to remove it. I know that God's got my back and I don't seem to be fretting about the situation. Thanks for all the good wishes.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Jan,this is a shock. you never ever complain of physical pain. guess I assumed you were healthy as a horse! one never knows eh? it's a blessing you found the problem & can take care of it while surrounded by family to help with Hank.thanks for letting us know. ((((healing hugs & prayers)))) Pati

My body is getting to the point where "they" should trade me for a horse; then shoot the horse! (BIG GRIN)

I know that you have help T gb and i am thanjdul for it. yonight at church, i asked that they pray for twp Jans. I have a friend at church named Han and I always thought of her when i saw the name jan/ she was there and re,imd me even more now. She has breast cancefr. Sje ;azighed And said peop;e leep giving her caps. wogs and such. nor such thing as too much prayer i hope. so far the women is ahead of the men. donna is sto;; gighting and hubby has not hadd to give her euology and i am praying it stays that way for all you ladies. aorry about the typos hopei can rread it

naw do not shooy the horse. hubby and i have strted putting acquantices horses that need a [;ace to stay on our farm. we are back to just one at present and not the five we had for a time. grin.

My first husband and I had horses also. We had gotten out of them before he passed in '93. After 5 back surgery, I don't ride anymore. The last time I rode was in an MRI machine and my mental ride was not over by the time the test was done.

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Hello Jan,

You had great growing conditions for your tumor, very hot, rainy, sunny, humid, now cool.......just kidding hon. You know I'd never make light of your situation = I've too many of my own problems to do that to someone else.

Do hope they get you into surgery soon, get rid of that nasty little thing hon. GB has great hospitals, doctors. You're in great hands there.

Take care sweetie, keep us updated as to what's going on......you've lots on your plate with this and Hank. Praying for you, hope things work out well during that time w/Hank. ((((((((((Jan))))))))))

Love to you, gentle hugs, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Really wanted to reach out to you in understanding Jan about the MRI. I had an awful time sitting in the machine too. They did have a mirror angled so I was looking out in the room and I could watch the people giving me the test. It is difficult mentally and challenging. I was so proud of myself for hanging on. So get you some strong positive affirmations ready. I just ask this ,, Is it medically nesessary to have this test? Are they going to take it out anyway? Won't they learn more then. I'm really sorry you are going through this. Praying for you.

I know Joy ,Patty and Kat , that you are all having a difficult time right now. Praying for you too.

Deedee

I had a doctor's appointment today. He needed yet another blood test to determine if the tumor is producing growth hormone. I have to call him Wednesday P.M. Tomorrow I have to have an eye exam to check my side vision

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast