Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WI Sunner 2011

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hi Jan ~ Have they diagnosed the tumor yet? Given it a name? That makes dealing with it and learning about it so much easier.

And MRIs .... The first time I had one (1991) I was so terrified I had to have help getting out of that machine ..... next time, 2005, I had it done in an open MRI - much easier. BUT after that 2005 trek, because of a brain tumor, I was put into a "closed" MRI and it was one after another after another. And PET scans, but they're easy.
    LO and behold, I got used to the MRI.... so used to it that now I simply go to sleep.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I was given something the last couple of time I had them. If I don't get anything before having an MRI I take a mental horse back ride. I never get done with the ride by the time it's over.

I am a bit bummed out over the last one. The last thing I remember was the guy telling me that he had to remove my gold neck chain and now it's missing. After the MRI I was transferred to another hospital by amblance. I have contacted the hospital and they didn't find it.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

tho i am not online as much, i often am thinking of you jan and others. that always brings me bak to see how people are doing when i am up to logging on myself.

grandaughter would love how you handle the mri's. i. her rodeo season is drawing to a close here in just a few weeks.
    Last edited by joy; 09-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.

I start by getting Thunder out of the pasture and brushing him down, cleaning his hooves, saddling and bridling him. I then ride the trail remembering the different turns and the lay of the land. I can hear the birds and the squirrels in the woods. I remember the look of the trees in the different seasons. I like the fall the best. I then wind my way to "Jack the mountain" it was an oak ridge way back in the woods.......................Then the MRI is over.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

that was enjoyable to read even jan. so glad it helps you. take care

Starting to pack up for the trip home. SIGH The summer was too short. SIGH We didn't get to do our "Green Bay Run", my 2 sisters, my sil & I spent the whole day shopping there. SIGH Just think of all the $$$ I saved! OH WELL Mayhaps we'll be able to come next year.

I just got a call from the Green Bay doctor. He gave me the results of the last blood test. NO GROWTH HORMONES BEING PRODUCED & THE SIDE VISION HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED. I will have to follow up with a doctor in Texas to keep an eye on it and to decide what to in the future. God is good

well that's good news Jan! have a safe trip home to the dry lands. I like the horse story too. hopefully I'll never have another brain MRI,it was an old machine & I was smart to take a pill first. you won't be seeing that gold chain again......far too valuable these days. my rule is never take jewelry inside any hospital if you have the choice.

will look forward to your having more fun times next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you won't be seeing that gold chain again......far too valuable these days. my rule is never take jewelry inside any hospital if you have the choice.

will look forward to your having more fun times next summer.
    It was a case of being in the ER and getting a pill before the MRI before I really knew what was happening and then being in LaLa land. I remember the tech saying that the necklace had to come off, but don't really remembering him taking it off. I don't think I could have found my neck at the time, let alone take it off!
    Last edited by JanM; 09-14-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Red face Hi Jan

My dear, it's been so long I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm very upset about the problems you are having and want you all well!! I will go back and see what I've missed.

I love you and I miss you and am wodering how Hank is. I am getting sick to my tummy just thinking about the MRI's! Just call me chicken and next one you have think about how much of a chicken I am.

Do you know yet what is going on? I know how you go in for some simple precedure and end up with something alltogether different. I'm still climbing up that hill and every time I go back the Dr. thinks up something new.

Take care dear one and let us know how things are going when you feel like it. I like your attitude!

all my love, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast