Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WI Sunner 2011

Distinguished Community Member

so good to hear anything from you Jan. I hope they find that tumor has not caused any problems more and that they can determine how best to deal with it soon. I have been thinking about you lots and was hoping you had posted something. I think it has to try a persons patience a lot to deal with something of this thing. Yep in fact it does cause as a very young woman I remember all the waiting that I had to do while waiting for my daddys results to come back.

And in no way does this even remotely compare but just a little to you except I know about waiting and such. Sorry but even as a daughter I found that there were lots of people that did not know just exactly what to say to me. Call me embarrased and put me in that list, but do put me on a list that cares.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

I get the impression that if anything has to be done, it will have to be after we get back home. I have been doing research on the web, as to places that offers the treatment that I might require.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Jan too bad you couldn't get it taken care of in WI since you would have family to help with Hank,

Hope all of your test come back with good results.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Jan,I also hope the tests come back OK. just found out someone I know has the same type tumor,she's having surgery in Sept.

what's the game plan for Hank?

We will be leaving here the middle of Sept, it is written in stone. My sister is driving with us back to TX and she has her return flight booked. IF surgery is to be, I will either see if Hank can go to the VA for a couple of weeks or (since he won't have a caregiver) go to a local nursing home. I know he cannot stay alone, but he doesn't know that. My SIL will take care of Dusty. I am sure everything will work out.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

First of all a blood test came back confirming that my body is not producing growth hormones because of the tumor. That means my brow, nose tongue, hands & feet will not get bigger. God knows my feet are big enough!

The Brisket Picnic is going on this Saturday. A group of us will go kayaking at noon and we are planning on eating around 3 pm. My one brother has a class reunion later in the day.

The "going home day" is fast approaching. SIGH

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Jan, I haven't been here in awhile. I'm so sorry & hope hope things are OK soon.
    Lorraine (lor)

keeping you in mind often Jan.

The Brisket Picnic was fun, although we didn't get to do our kayak run because of the weather, several short runs were made. The food was the best and no one went hungry. We had a campfire going all afternoon and burnt up a pile of scrap wood from the old dock and picnic table. The gathering ended early due to rain.

Paul_Mikki.jpg

My brother took their Llapso for her first kayak ride. She is wearing a life jacket also on a leash.
    Last edited by JanM; 09-09-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Community Member

Okay, that's CUTE!
    Dx: Epilepsy; depression; chronic GERD and peptic ulcer disease; pelvis and spine damage from accident.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast