Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medical MJ

Community Member

Default medical MJ

Anyone with first hand knowledge on Medical Marijuana.
    Jan
    "never let it be too late"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

I can't believe no one has replied. The MJ laws, both Medical and recreational, are changing constantly in every state. I would suggest you contact your local NMSS and see what they know. Good luck in your search for info.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have any first-hand knowledge but there was this article in Neurology Now, the most recent issue (June-July):

http://journals.lww.com/neurologynow...cy_and.22.aspx

It's just the American Academy of Neurology's take on whether medical marijuana is effective, and which types are effective for what conditions.

There are people here who have had personal experience with medical marijuana. In time some of them may be heard from.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Remember Grassman?

He used to say that it was incredibly helpful for his severe spasms.

He would probably be happy to be so remembered here.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He used to say that it was incredibly helpful for his severe spasms.

He would probably be happy to be so remembered here.
    I do remember Grassman--and in case it hasn't been noticed, BrainTalk's Medicinal Cannabis Use forum is in his memory:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/forumdisplay.php/92-Medicinal-Cannabis-Use-amp-Issues-(In-Memory-of-Grassman-)

Cool

Grassman, the King of duct tape. I use a new product called Gorilla Tape. It holds even better than duct tape, and comes in a few colors. Mike would have loved it. Then there is another product from the same company called Gorilla Snot, but we will talk about that some other time.
    Roswell was a gift.

Blog Entries

Found this photo of him in the archives--duct tape is definitely present:

Last edited by agate; 06-15-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Jan,

My Dr. wants to put me on the medical marijuana for epilepsy if it passes in NY. I was told that the THC level which makes a person get high in only 1-2% while the CBD level is very high
    and it's the CBD that helps calm the nerves. Right now they want to use if for MS, Parkinsons, Epilepsy and possibly for people who have severe pain in the back.
    I do know that a person will have to get a legal card from a lawyer in order to have the medical marijuana with them and in some areas they will make the person pay both the county
    and their state $100-$250.00 to have the card which I personally don't feel is right. At this point right now I don't know if health insurance co. will cover the cost of the marijuana.
    I do know that they have the marijuana pill out already but that's for people who have an eating disorder and it won't help us. The best thing to do is to speak with your pharmacist
    about the medical marijuana to see how it will help you. I'm hoping it will stop my seizures since I'm drug resistant and I've already had 2 brain surgeries.

Wishing you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Howie---about grassman and duct tape,
    I could not resist a duct tape conversation! In the frustration over duct tape that was not sticking..all kinds of stuff here on the farm was coming unglued...all of the farmers went from talking about the weather to talking about duct tape not holding...
    Of course the problem was that in the ever increasing search for profits, the manufacturing facilities were using less glue. The plot thickens with the availability of duct tape with pretty colors and designs. Everyone has realized that these tapes are quality stickers. I use black to hold life together on the farm but my market truck has parts held on with a frilly pink pattern that looks like my mother's special holiday bathrobe! It was all a greedy plot! Ok. I'm done now but I needed to get that out!
    Last edited by Lazarus; 06-16-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Cool

If they made solid pink, I would have to buy some. Don't know what I would use it on though. I've only used black so far, but it is superior to duct tape. Like you said, the glue they put on it has such strong holding power. When you put it on something, it had better be where you want it to be, because it's so difficult to get it off.
    Roswell was a gift.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast