Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Ann, I missed your birthday, but it was all Agate's fault!!!

Happy Birthday!!! I hope it was a good one!
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Happy Birthday Ann, a little late, but still heartfelt.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Thank you for your well wishes. My birthday was in Pennsylvania w my mom and DH2B.

Jeanie, I am proud of your kind actions toward Thelma.

Cherie, I am glad you are home <guessing> and hoping everyone is clear on "the plan." I know, from helping w my dad via phone and many trips, plans change. Remember to nurse yourself.

Love and chocolate all around. Ice cream if you'd like.;)
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Jeanie,
    I have seen 4 acupuncturists over the course of about 20 years for help with pain (groin and hip) to no avail. Massage therapy and specific exercises that the massage therapist gave me helped a lot and continue to help.

We got home about an hour and a half ago. A full 200 miles less on the car than when I take Dad to the Oncologist then drive back home from there. I can say that a plan was enacted and all parties were part of making it but can't guarantee it will be followed to the letter. Dad remains in denial and totally self centered and Mom is very weak and weepy and is wont to take on everybody's problems and finds things totally overwhelming now. Just spent a half hour on the phone with her as she cried it out and calmed it down. I think I will be doing a lot of that in the near future. Her ECHO is tomorrow then we need to wait to see when the Cardiologist can fit her in. Her PCP has done nothing other than order the tests and has recommended nothing to help her feel better or get her pulmonary edema or heart rate under control. Frustrating but hopefully not critical.

Had a nice talk with Gary on the phone today while we were coming across the NY thruway.

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

Happy belated birthday to all the birthday people I missed . . . can't seem to keep up these days.
    And congrats to Linda and DH on that rare, long lasting marriage . . . that takes work and commitment!
    DH and I are approaching 43 years of marriage, but you have us beat too!

Jeanie, bless you for being such a caring friend to Thelma. You're what makes this world still a good place.

Cherie, hope you're treating yourself kindly. It's tough to be the "strong" one sometimes. Hugs.

Sally, Frog, Ann, Howie, Gary, Agate, and everyone else . . . XXOO . . . thanks for being here.

Joan

Thanks for your being here too, Joan/Nuthatch.
    Love, Sally

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Please say some prayers for me and for Thelma. Thelma had a stroke after lunch today and is in the hospital. She is alert. I am in awful pain and I do not know what to do to get it gone. I am using the patches and OTC meds but no relief. I'm also using the heating pad. Jeanie :)

Prayers on the way, for you and you friend , Jeanie!!
    Love, Sally

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Oh, Jeanie...I wish you felt better and pray that Thelma is not in pain or fear.

Some more test results are in on mom and it seems that it may not be as severe as the doctors led us to believe last week. Her heart is damaged and her lungs are swollen and scarred but she is feeling better and less fatigued taking her as needed Lasix twice a day instead of once in a while. And she is sleeping less. Dad is off all cancer management medication and feisty and angry and fighting and asserting himself. He is a bear to be around but is no longer leaving it up to everyone else to make decisions for him and manage his care. This last week has seen him acting on his own behalf for perhaps the first time in his 86 years.

I am doing better than in several weeks physically and emotionally. Sleeping better, in less pain, less cognitive sludge and more productive at the detail work. Thank you all for your support.

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

hey everyone,, hang in there okay,, seems the health fairy is on vacation

well my surgery is timeframed,,July 15th,, went to Iowa City yesterday,, CT scan run,, I am good to go,, 8 to 10 hour surgery,, done robotically,, they are also removing my bladder,, and I stay a week in the hospital,,,,

not much more our zucchini is ready,, awe yes the garden is going bonkers out there,,

so like I said,,hang in there "hugs all around"
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast