Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OT June Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Congratulations Linda and DH of Linda, for 46 yrs of wedded bliss.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Linda & hubby congratulations.

I had my son meet me at Thelma's house as I did not know if I would be able to get inside. I had to use the rolling walker and my leg pain made that awful but I made it in. My son Jim put together the rolling walker I had bought for Thelma.

Thelma was so cute. She got right up and walked down the hall with it and back. Then she sat back down and got up again and headed toward the kitchen. When she sat again she said oh this is so much easier. She even got up and sat on the seat of it. She is amazing for 103.

I had to wait until I got home to take anything for the pain. I am thinking about trying accupuncture for the pain. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's hope we're all as alert at 103 as your friend Thelma, Jeanie!

Linda, congratulations on the 46th anniversary! A real achievement nowadays especially, when so many relationships don't seem to last very long.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Right on Thelma, right on Jeanie !!!

Distinguished Community Member

Congrats, Linda on the 46th.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Hi all. Waving from Upstate NY. Happy Anniversary Lazarus! Ours is the same day but we celebrated 39 years. You have us beat!

Living wills and Durable Power of Attorney for Health care updated for both Mom and Dad yesterday Two sisters took Dad to Oncologist today. He was very clear with Dad that he had exhausted all treatment options except possibly spot radiation if pain got to be a major problem which is is not yet. He told Dad he can move his care to his PCP down the street and avoid the nearly 200 mile trip each 4 weeks for his XGEVA shot. Dad wants to continue going to him because he's good at what he does (never spends more than a couple minutes with Dad...EVER...never looks him in the eye. ) So...we will continue to do our best to get him there when he wants to go. He also, when asked, admitted that his guess was that dad had a few months left and he had the ability to make them decent months if he didn't try and tough it out.

Mom is in moderate to severe Congestive heart failure, has an ECHO scheduled for day after tomorrow then, after those results are in, the Cardiologist will make an appointment with her and she has agreed to entertain non-invasive medicinal approaches. She has slept much of the time we have been here and says she feels much better as a result. I shampooed her and cut and restyled her hair today. Looks really cute. Also took apart a crystal chandelier over the dining table today and soaked all the pieces in ammonia water and put it back together (first time to be cleaned in more than 20 years , mom thinks). David helped some workmen take out and replace walls downstairs that had been leaked on and had mold developing. So the downstairs bath and our bedroom now have new shared wall and ceiling and all the mold has been treated.

I have seen all siblings that live up here this visit which is rare. Heading back home tomorrow. Lots of food prepared and put up for them so Mom doesn't have to think about what to fix for meals. A couple of fresh strawberry rhubarb pies made. Tonight's dinner was roast pork with onion, red bliss potatoes and carrots in the roaster. Fresh Green beans and rainbow Chard topped off with whole raw milk that came up from the farm this afternoon. My sister Lin and her husband Scott and brother Ben and his wife Judy joined us for dinner and dessert of peanut butter pie and strawberry rhubarb pie. Good evening. Mom and dad are headed to bed, I am shutting down and turning the laptop over to David and heading down to try and turn in early. Really wiped.

Home tomorrow will only be a 400 mile drive and with David helping instead of me driving 500 alone. Gary..we may try and touch base from the road so we can both say hi.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Cherie, 39 years is nothing to sneeze at. Congratulations!

I was married ONCE....but I don't want to talk about it. It would just make you cry.

Your whole family seems to stay busy, just like you do. Enjoy their company while you can. I miss my parents greatly.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Congrats to Lazarus and Cherie.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, Cherie, on your anniversary! I admire anyone whose marriage lasts.

--stillstANNding, I'm afraid your birthday on March 30 (I think) wasn't ever mentioned! It's disgracefully late but I'd like to apologize and hope you had a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

[Hanging head in shame here] Over two months late--talk about cog fog.
    I tend to assume that if a person's birthday isn't on the Calendar here, that person might not want a birthday mentioned. But I've met you and hope I can get away with mentioning it even belatedly.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Happy Belated Birthday Ann! I hope you had a good one. Your birthday occurred when I had the flu and 4/1 fell 4 times and wound up in the hospital 4 days and then rehab. I hope you had a very special day.

No one responded to my question about anyone who has received pain relief from an accupuncturist. I hope someone who has will respond. My pain is in my groin and down my thigh into my outer calf. Jeanie :)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast