Thread: The home stretch is here!

Blog Entries

Default The home stretch is here!

Yay only two weeks left of school for the semester. This week is the last week before finals so I'll be kinda scarce around here. The last month has been pretty hectic in school with a few big projects coming due. Since BT's been running pretty good I haven't had to worry about checking in on a daily basis

After finals are done I'll jump back into working on BT (probably the second week of June). Most of the work won't be seen (or seen easily), but what can be seen should be welcomed by a bunch of folks.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey mike !

maybe you should put this is BT's feedback forum? i don't think many people are looking down here except us emotional support forum members .

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mike)))))) ~

Good luck on your finals!

Since you haven't been checking in every day, you have no idea what we've been up to here!

Actually, not much has been happening here. Participation is way down. I have some thoughts about that, and I may share them soon!

I agree with Jeannie (as I always do ) that your post would be more visible either in Forum Feedback or as a Global Announcement.

Sending you lots of positive energy for your finals and projects. And, thanks, Mike, for all that you do for us.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Well, I agree with Jeannie and Rose, as usual. lol can't go wrong there, right? I'm hoping all went well with your finals. I've missed BT and was so happy to see it still standing when I logged back on the other night.

I'm slow, but want to check out some new things I have been too sick to venture into. As always, I care greatly for you and am proud of your thirst for knowledge.

You take care and don't burn out before you get started. my love, granny Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Blog Entries

Julia it's great to see you out and about again :)

I took this summer off because I was starting to get burnt out with school (and that was only my second semester). I've also scaled back my next two semester loads from 18 to 13 units each by tacking the other courses on to a fifth (and hopefully last ) semester. If all goes well I'll graduate in the fall of 2015 with an A.S. in Business Administration.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.