Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: May chit-chat

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Yes you are! thelma and jamie are lucky to have you.

This is the 4th shot day in a row with fevers and achiness. Never happened in the 8 years on Interferon before except very rarely. Now it's becoming routine. I'm hydrating well, bringing med to room temp, taking Advil...This all makes it feel like I have an infection but my PCP says no. Just not feeling peppy or great.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Thanks for the compliments. I spent most of the day in bed and did not leave the house. Cherie I hope you feel better quick. I am in that energyless group too.

Andy took my van and filled it up with gas today. Later when I went to the mailbox I could smell gas. Sure enough it had dripped about a foot wide circle on the carport. I think he over filled it but will check it in the morning. I filled a small box with paper towels and put it under the drip. When I checked again it was dripping less often. I may have to go to the mechanic with it to be sure.

I talked to Andy tonight and Jamie still has not had anything come through to her bag. He was also informed that they have a daily copay of $135.

Today was the 3rd day on my pain patch so had to take Ibuprofen all day. I'm praying the pain goes away and is not a MS thing. I made an appointment for mext week to get a perm. I hope that will look better than it does now.

Tomorrow I will aim for going to the mechanic and to see Thelma. My DIL still wants no visitors or not me anyway. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member

Just a quick hello...I'm still so busy with trying to "get my house in order", going to doctors, working on administration of Joe's estate, etc. I have to meet with an attorney tomorrow to draw up deeds to put house and 2 lots in my name. I still have a UTI after over 2 years of continuous antibiotics and just finished another round. I'll go back for a recheck on Monday with the urologist who wants to do a cysto if I can ever get free of an infection. I am retaining urine and just feel so lousy all the time. I am also having more cognitive issues, balance problems, as well as more pain than ever.

I do come to read here when I have time just to keep up with everybody. You are all in my prayers and hopes for better days.

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I wish the same for you Gabriella...."Better Days and Nights."
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am having some problems started yesterday afternoon my toes on both feet tingled and it has moved up to my knees. Not the normal MS stuff (that hurts) it woke me up around 2 am I had a Dr appt today and he is concerned if it goes above the mid thigh I am suppose to go to the ER. Legs feel kinda rubbery and weak, more so than normal. I forgot what it was he was concerned about. He is suppose to call me at quitting time or he will stop on his way home. His words were "More auto immune sh#$." Whatever that means.

And I have gone quite awhile without a crash and burn. I haven't mentioned it to my wife or kids yet. No sense getting everyone worked up for what is probably nothing.

Garden looks good. We went camping for a few days up in Hell's canyon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Canyon Daughter, SIL and grandson came up for a couples days caught 35 Crappie had a good time.

Ugh legs are asleep to my knees. Hopefully it is slowing down.

Gary...Not good. Praying this resolves quickly.

(((((Gary))))), Hope everything will be alright. Rest!!!
    Love, Sally

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. Gary it is time for you to update us on how you are doing.

My DIL is finally passing some gas. She has been in the hospital 13 days and had the surgery 7 days ago.

My 103 year old friend Thelma is scheduled to go home on the 26th. That is about 4 months in the rehab. I went with her to rehab yesterday and we batted a balloon back and forth with badminton raquets. Thelma has better eye hand coordination than I do. She won hands down. She is actually really ready enough to go home but her friend has not got everything ready for her at home yet.

My groin pain is really almost too much. Today is the last day of the patch and that is always the worst day. I am taking Ibuprofen every 2 or 3 hours. I even tried a heating pad on it but it only helps while it is on it.

All in all I feel pretty healthy. One of my friends is having 15 vertebrae fused on 6/11 and 5 days later is having 3 more fused. She has had scoliosis for years and now it has become debilitating. They will put in rods and screws. I don't envy her that surgery and the rehab from it.

I only have an antenna and all the shows are crime shows or horror shows it seems. I watch PBS a lot or play computer games. It annoys me all the scary movie clips being shown when kids are watching. I don't want to see them either. All the news is one disaster or murder after another too.

Have a good weekend everyone. Jeanie :)

Gary,
    What's up? How are the legs?

Peg,
    Moving any better?

Still feeling pretty crappy. Dentist's Office Manager called yesterday to see how I was doing and I told her better but still not well. I am now on antibiotics to calm the "pulpitis" in the crowned tooth and one behind it to try and avoid root canals. Still a lot of pain in my hip from the fall 2 weeks ago and gait is not good. Vision is worsening, bladder hard to empty, pain waking me at night...all for the past 6 weeks. Then yesterday, I got a package from Social Security stating they were reevaluating my eligibility for SSDI. I have to see a neurologist appointed by them, a psychiatrist appointed by them, an internist appointed by them who will render a neutral (uninformed) opinion as to my ability to function without assistance in the work world. All this 4 months before I can officially retire and go on regular social security. It feels like insult added to injury when I have been feeling so badly lately. Only able to work 2-3 hours a day (and not well...making a lot of mistakes) this past month.

Funny thing is that I do better when I am working and out with people than when I am home. But I guess they want people homebound. Whining officially...

Saturday Giggle!

This is my spot, I found it and you can't have it...
    Love, Sally

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast