Thread: Hi folks

New Community Member

Default Hi folks

It seems like forever since I have posted...Patty here, not sure anyone will remember me. I have schizo affective disorder, SLE, and am a recovering alcoholic( just celebrated three years sober.) I had gone to a neurologist because it seemed I was having seizures,(they origionally occured when I was pregnent with my first child.)The first time I was hospitalized they said they were psychogenic...I tried for a long time to find an organic reason for them, maybe a connection with the lupus, but they are not they are more a somataform disorder, psychosymatic.The tests were all normal which is good. I accept that this is something I need to work on through therapy. My divorce is final, my ex and his girlfriend are struggling, I try not to "dance on their pain." He just recently started a journey towards sobriety, I am happy for that. My kids are adjusting and pretty much thriving in school and social activities.any way it's getting late, figured I'd jump on and say hi-

Patty

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi Patty! I'm Marion. I am originally from New York City...born there...then New Rochelle and Rye. Now I'm in Rochester. (long story).

Congratulations on your sobriety! It's hard work. I now have 19 years, for which I'm very grateful.

Keep in touch!

4. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member

i guess im schizo effective

hi
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

6. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

New Community Member

Default update on patty( potatobug)

hello again-

funny have not been here in a few months....was in the hospital( psych ward) in June they took me off three medicines. saphris, seroquel, which i was on for twelve years also celexa was on for 9 months. I think im still having withdrawal...Ive had a continuous migraine for two or more months, that eventually erupts into what look like grand mal seizures. I had a 48 hour EEG over the weekend, had about 15 events in 5 days...i felt like someone literally beat me with a baseball bat yesterday, woke up this morning and decided to start having coffee again( I had stopped for about 6 years switched to tea, but have been reading about stuff and that the tea may actually be contraindicated for some individuals, tanins and what not). Its frightening what has been happening. I have also seen that before the seizures, i also have a flush like a fever, and sometimes hallucinations( am schizophrenic, also have SLE>>>trying to piece this puzzle together). I am in a day program during the week, my children attending a day camp for low income families in my town.I have severe PTSD, they are going to do EMDR therapy with me when they feel I am strong enough. Am also having DBT therapy, this program is progressive and exciting like nothing I've ever been in before. This might be the place that will free me from the nightmare that has lasted the last twenty years, a continuous revolving door of abuse and hospitilizations. Thank God i think I'm finally in a safe place...I also found my soulmate. Man i met in recovery four years ago, he has thirty years sober, twenty years older than me, and an answer to a prayer i didnt even know i had. over the weekend he took me to his house, and while i was having these seizures he just held me, didnt judge me, and let me sob in his arms after it happened. I have never been able to let anyone see the depth of my despair and pain. I am safe. I haven't EVER felt safe. thank you God...

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Potatobug, I'm glad you feel free to come to BrainTalk. It is very frightening to have seizures. I had my first one in 2010, never understood what happened to me. Thank God for a loving hubby and family that dug around until they found a partial answer to the hell that I would go thru with every grand mal I had.

I hope you will come back, share with us and please feel safe here. BT has been the glue that has kept me together all these years. I came here in 1999 and never looked back. I'm happy for you to find the help you have been seeking. You take care, take care of the children and keep coming to be a part of our group here.

Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Patty)))))) ~

Welcome Back!!

I'm so sorry for all that you're enduring. I hope that the withdrawal from your medications, once you're through that wringer, plus the therapy and treatments, brings you to a healthier state. It sounds like you are on that path, so stay the course. I'm glad for you that you found a safe place, and a soul mate, who cares for you. Love is a magnificent healer.

If you have any specific questions or concerns about seizures or medications, feel free to post on the Epilepsy forum.

I look forward to reading about your progress.

Sending positive, healing energy your way ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default Potatobug

I see we haven't seen a post from you in several months. I know it can be very hard on a body to deal with all that you are dealing with. I pray you and your family will keep making progress and you will post and let us know how you are. Still praying for all of you.

take care, Julia
    Last edited by Jo6; 03-08-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben