Origami passenger pigeons--a paper-folding project to try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origami passenger pigeons--a paper-folding project to try

[I originally posted this in the Chit-Chat thread but it probably belongs here.]

2014 is the 100th anniversary of the death of the last passenger pigeon in the entire world.
    There are no more passenger pigeons.

So that people will be more careful not to let this happen to any more birds, the Audubon Society's monthly magazine, Audubon, includes a paper-folding (origami) project that doesn't take long at all and produces a nifty folded paper model of a passenger pigeon you can stand up and display. You can also add your name to the list of people who've taken part in the project. Organizations can order up quantities of these kits.

Or you can download it for free. It probably works better if you have a color printer but there's a black-and-white version as well.

I did one of these, and it turned out well. If I can do it, probably anyone can do it.

More on the passenger pigeon:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Link to the Foldtheflock project--instructions for how to do the folding are there:

You can get an idea of what it looks like and how to make it here:

Here is exactly what my pigeon turned out to look like:

Last edited by agate; 04-26-2014, 12:30 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.
Working...
X