Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy

Hi & ((((((HUGS)))))) To All ~

I wasn't sure which forum was most appropriate for my question, but I chose Spinal Disorders, Chronic Pain, and MS as the likeliest places to find someone, who has had Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP).

A 25 year old family member is about to undergo PRP injections once a month for three months to aid in healing a previously undetected fissure in the S1 (sacral?) bone. Recently, a cortocosteroid injection into the fissure provided temporary relief, but no healing. Two surgeries behind her, and more ahead with herniated discs. PRP is an attempt to avoid surgery now for the fissure.

Please share any and all of your knowledge about this procedure.

Thank You!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Rose, sorry I can't give you any experience or info about this procedure. Please post here with what you find out and I hope it works as it would help spinies have another option instead of surgery.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

((((((Mark)))))) ~

Thank you, Mark. She will have PRP once a month for 3 months, and it hasn't started yet. We just pray it works. She's so young to go through so many surgeries, pain meds, well, you know the drill, obviously.

I'll return to post the results.

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

This has been offered to me also, best of luck!

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
        Hi & ((((((HUGS)))))) To All ~

I wasn't sure which forum was most appropriate for my question, but I chose Spinal Disorders, Chronic Pain, and MS as the likeliest places to find someone, who has had Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP).

A 25 year old family member is about to undergo PRP injections once a month for three months to aid in healing a previously undetected fissure in the S1 (sacral?) bone. Recently, a cortocosteroid injection into the fissure provided temporary relief, but no healing. Two surgeries behind her, and more ahead with herniated discs. PRP is an attempt to avoid surgery now for the fissure.

Please share any and all of your knowledge about this procedure.

Thank You!

Love & Light,

Rose
        New here, I am looking at a 4 level spinal fusion, 56 with one sucessful L4-L5 surgery behind me. Have been in pain management for about a year. She is very young, younger, non smoker better chance of it lasting. Hope you find others with the same, I will keep following to see what is said. Nice to meet you!! Katee

Comment

((((((Katee)))))) ~

TO BRAINTALK!

My family member opted out of the PRP. She recently had a course of steroids and is now recovering from viral pneumonia. I don't know what the next step is for her.

Did you have PRP, or was it suggested for you, and you declined it?

I don't know anything about spinal surgeries, as that's not my area of "expertise" or experience. I hope that your spinal fusion will be as successful as your L4-L5 surgery.

I hope that Mark and some of our other Spinal experts will stop by with their advice for you.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Working...
          X