Thread: Vicious circle

Default Vicious circle

For me social interaction difficulties exacerbate my social anxiety which in turn exacerbates my social interaction difficulties.
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

My teenage son has anxiety disorder. I think that's the thing about anxiety - it is a viscious circle. One experience builds on the other, and since you're reluctant to continually expose yourself to the situation, it makes it even harder....
    Momster, mom to 2 boys: one of whom has CP, NLD, ADD, anxiety disorder, osteopenia/porosis and a few other letters following his name; and married 25 years to a wonderful guy

I also live with severe social anxiety, and it is a big problem for me getting out of the house. Most of the time, I am a shut-in. I am simply scared to get out. For me, this has gotten worse over the years, and I am not sure what to do about it.
    Craig Sheffield - Epilepsy, Chronic Pain (Shoulder, Back, Joint Hyper-mobility, Chronic Migraine), Limited Mobility, Asthma, Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Coma Survivor (2 week followed by full body paralysis. 2 months of PT and OT to walk again.)

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."