Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT April Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT April Chit Chat

Hi there,

March came in like a lamb ,, went out like a lamb,, we have no problem with that..lol

my surgery,, it will be the end of June, or 1st of July, have 3 tests to take, to make sure I qualify, for the surgery..

Getting equipment ready.. farming..I love this time of year..lol

and another thing,, when you party in here,,please pick up the trash,,or invite me,,hahahaha!
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you volunteering to pick up the trash, Peg? Awfully nice of you.

Dunno why they want to schedule surgery in summertime for someone with MS but maybe you're one who doesn't mind heat? Hope it's air conditioned all the way.

Lots and lots of rain here. Brings out the earthworms and slugs and what-have-you.

Moss grows on rooftops around here.

I've heard there are Moss People but haven't seen any.
    I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well.
    --Robert Benchley

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07-5/15/10. Member of MS forum here since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you volunteering to pick up the trash, Peg? Awfully nice of you.
    Yup that was nice Peg.

Howie I am back to help whip this place in line.

Cherie I know how you feel. I will email when I can actually type without falling asleep.

The neighbor is planting the field in front of the house. I have not gone out to look but it looks bedded for onions. Glad it isn't corn! And MY LAWN NEEDS MOWING!!!

Had a good vacation Disneyland is amazing as usual. The grandkids and the SIL had never been so it was twice as much fun. Even the earthquake was something. At first I thought it was part of the fireworks then I realized that even Disney cant make the concrete side walks tilt all at once! They automatically shut down everything and rapidly inspect everything. They ALL fall into there assigned jobs in the event of a major problem. Moving crowds and calming people. And I mean ALL of the staff. Having spent close to a million years training for the same things I am amazed that they all do there jobs effectually and without much direction. All the while smiling and be friendly but firm.

But I have to say if anything they make every accommodation for the handicapped. Yes I finally gave in and rented a scooter for D land $50 a day and worth every penny. I would not have been able to do it otherwise. I tried the first day and was so tired I was willing to not return and was sure that I was haveing a flare.

Good to be back home even if it is still cold.
    Last edited by Gary; 04-01-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

I wish I got paid on the first instead of the third. I am so broke I can't even afford detergent to wash my many thongs. Guess I'll have to throw them in the trash. PEG!!!

It is very warm out, and looks like mowing time is near. I'm going to try, but have someone who can do it for me. Mowing used to be my "exercise for the week".

Gary, I've never been to Disney anything, but my parents went after dad retired, and had a blast!

Everyone have a great day.
    Help, I've floored it and I can't let up!

Distinguished Community Member

Howie I have a special washer just for my cabanna boy outfits. My son pointed out something interesting, Disneyland is The Happiest Place on Earth........ and they are prepared for the worst day of your life. I can not say enough good things about marshaling the troops to handle a natural disaster and a near riot and mass exodus.

I might add there was a space of only a second or two of complete silence. No kidding you could hear a pin drop then people realized that they were not dead and they CLAPPED!!!

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Absolutely lovely here today after several days of *******ial rains , wind, sleet, snow and flooding rivers and streams. It is sunny and mid 40s here today. Next few days will be "sugaring weather" with freezing nights and warm days for the sap to flow.
    Headed Upstate (NY) Sunday for Dad's first trip to the Oncologist since I took him in November. His PCP has been monitoring his labs and treatment when the weather has been so bad so he doesn't have to do the 192 mile round trip every 4 weeks in white out conditions. But, the labs are not good and he is weakening. Scans were redone last week and labs in a couple of days. They still have nearly 2 feet of snow on the ground up there so I guess the boots go in the car.

Gary,
    So glad you had a good vacation and are safe and were protected in a Disneyesque manner.

Peg,
    Wish they could provide relief sooner.

Howie,
    there is always the good old fashioned method of washing things out in the sink with hand soap or shampoo....
    Last edited by Cherie; 04-02-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Cherie, that's a good idea. I'll...ARGH...MY HANDWASHING HAND!!! I'll just throw them in the trash! PEG!!!

Cool

30 days hath September,
    April, June, and November,
    All the rest have 31,
    Except February, which has none.

That ditty works for me all the time. I have a neighbor, and he was wondering what day the month ended. I recited that ditty before he could look it up on his iPod, then he say's 'You're right".

Kids today!

Cool

It is 86 degrees here right now. It's so hot out, you could fry an owl's egg on the sidewalk. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Thank goodness owls don't usually lay their eggs on the sidewalk!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast