Thread: alex fell down the rabbit hole -

Distinguished Community Member

Default alex fell down the rabbit hole -

And am still falling. I have a problem with my stomach - Diverticulitis, A person who I allowed to stay who now does not want to go, A doctor who is so overworked that they cannot even remember your last appt. was and your issues and paperwork that does not get done by staff (I cannot use the words I would like to), snooty moderators on other boards who will not let any post with BT thru. (The Mods here are on-time and professional), a partner that is having a ton of problems, a mouth abut to explode because there is no bleeping dental care available. Pain that does not not want to quit - Yes, I indeed have fallen down the rabbit hole
    Blessings
    Steve
    Skypilot

Steve, I hope you don't fall too far down the rabbit hole but I know it is easy to do in our situations. It is easy to have feel good gurus say rid yourself of negative people and surround yourself with the people that make you feel good but they don't have to deal with our limitations nor with our pain. It is a shame the VA doesn't have a good ombudsman in your area to help you pull together all the help that you need. As far as getting the person out of your dwelling the only thing I can think of is the sheriffs office. I hope your stomach issues get better along with the rest of what is going wrong for you right now.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Thank You Mark - as I said, still in free fall, trying to get things done, hopefully will find my way out of this mess.Hope this finds you and yours doing well.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Sorry about the rant
    A.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Steve)))))) ~

Oral health is vital to systemic health, so whatever you can do toward having emergency work done on your teeth will relieve you of stress and pain, and you may have an infection in your mouth requiring antibiotics. Is there a dental clinic near you? Have you tried calling local dentists, explaining your situation, and your insurance/financial situation? Dentists can be very compassionate people, because they know how important oral health is, and they understand the excruciating pain associated with decay, abscess, and gum infection. The worst that could happen is that all the doctors refuse you. The best that could happen is you find a caring dentist, who will help you. Another option? Any chance that you are near a dental school (university)? If so, or you can travel to one, give them a call.

"Fish and visitors smell in three days." ~ Ben Franklin I recommend that you politely tell your visitor that you need your space (spiritually, mentally, physically) and that s/he must now leave and find other accommodations. If you're down the rabbit hole, then you need to dig your way out, so start by taking the initiative to kindly ask this person to vacate your premises. Then, that will be one obstacle removed.

If other boards are upsetting you, then perhaps you should discontinue visiting them. You know you are welcomed and loved here at BrainTalk. Give those other places a rest for now and focus your communication here, where you know you have friends and great moderators.

Prayers for you and your partner ~ and a lifesaver thrown to you to pull you up out of this hole.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Than You Rose - I am now on solid? ground again - I found a dentist who will do some of the work w/ a good discount At least that part of stress is off my mind. Still a lot of worries but I seem to be grounded again after a lot of meditation and spiritual work with my partner. As regards the houseguest - He has been given formal notice but I have to give them thirty days written notice - done - we are keeping it amicable, I simply explained, as you said that due to our declining health, that we cannot handle guests right now, although if we were well he would be a perfect person for a roommate - hence why we are trying to keep it amicable and I think he gets it now. I hope this finds you and yours doing well - we will ALWAYS hang in there, just so much change and getting older is no fun, esp. If you are as stressed as I am. the car thing is not helping but we do love it and hope to see it resolved soon.
    Bessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Steve)))))) ~

So happy to hear that you have found a dentist, and I hope you make an appointment soon to get in there to have your work done. You will be so glad when it's done, and you will feel better. I can testify to that personally.

Good that you've been working it out with your roommate, and it's unfortunate that he must take his leave now, but at least he understands the reason.

I did a Google search for Diverticulitis Diet. I don't seem to be able to paste links into this post, so just do the same Google search, and you'll find lots of helpful information.

Thank you for your good thoughts for our family. We are fairly well. But we are no strangers to aging or stress and I do appreciate how that affects one's health. So keep meditating and praying, breathing, and releasing. Laugh and cry, as both are tremendous stress reducers, altering the body's chemistry.

Be well ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 47, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

I have met Alice and the chesire cat - Smiley (our cat) - if you are not living you are dying has become my new mantra. I am doing a lot of meditating and praying - all I can do at this point. Thank you everyone for your prayers.
    Blessings
    alex44
    Skypilot