Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is The End Near

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Hank got his new top plate this past week after making 3 round trips to Affortable Dentures. And no, I didn't get him a nose ring
    Last edited by JanM; 03-30-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member

oh my jan....it is late and I decided to check in for just s moment and quickly go back to bed and sleep. instead I am wide awake and chuckling now - yup, just picturing in my mind the one piece denture and if that wasn't enough one with a chain. poor hank I thought as I saw him eating with great difficulty because that chain kept getting in the way, lol.

now back to bed and hope I will go back to sleep. thanks tho as I do not get many funny things going on any more.

Distinguished Community Member JanM's Avatar

Well the Hanksters puts his dentures under the mattress at night and yes, the new top one got broke. I didn't have to get him a new one, but the cost of the repair was abut a third of a new one. Now a tooth has broken in the lower plate. I have decided to tell him that "I'll get them fixed next week." when he tells me that it is missing a tooth. He has mentioned about 8 time in 15 minutes already. I have asked the nurses at KL to take his teeth after supper and then give them back to him before breakfast. I don't know if that will happen, but he is not responsible to take care of them on his own.
    Last edited by JanM; 05-13-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

jan !

i'm sorry to hear the misadventures of hank's dentures...

i don't know which tooth is broken, but if it doesn't impede his chewing, it's prolly not worth to fix and it could even be kind of an identification that those are his dentures.

i don't know the help situation where hank is, but it seems reasonable to have a nurse take his dentures at night and give them back to him in the morning. i hope that can be done.

if hank is aware his tooth is broken, he is still pretty cognizant of his surroundings.

i hope you are doing okay, too .

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12