Thread: A couple of pics and some EXCITING news!

Default A couple of pics and some EXCITING news!

Hi everyone

First, thanks for all the well wishes for my new job!

Second, I went to Queenstown for my (22nd) birthday last week and I thought I'd show you some pictures of how beautiful it is.

This was the view from our apartment.

http://s17.postimg.org/r5z7j2den/view1.jpg

And again.

http://postimg.org/image/4ldnerdnd/

And here is the view from the gondola (cablecar) looking over the city.

http://postimg.org/image/kx82trs31/a3535817/

It was so much fun - had breakfast on the balcony every day, went jetboating, caught up with a friend I haven't seen in a couple of years, ate lots, and went for lots of scenic walks! Such a lovely area, I didn't want to come home. All good things must come to an end, eh.

Sooo, now for some very unexpected, very exciting news...

I don't know how many of you will recall that I went to a youth conference in India in 2010. The programme I went with is over now, but they want to redevelop it over the next year into something youth led and were calling for people to apply to be on the leadership group which will take charge of that in the next 12 months.

So I applied... and got in! But that's not the most exciting part...

As part of being on the group there are a number of workshops online and one face to face, so that we can learn how to develop a strategic plan and implement the new programme. I assumed the one face to face was in Australia, because that's where the main office is.... but it's not...

it's in MEXICO!

So I am traveling all the way to Mexico in April to attend the workshop - at no cost! Mexico! How awesome is that.

I haven't announced it publicly on Facebook yet so you are the first internet buddies to know. :)
    Enjoying the excitements of life. Looking forward to what's to come! What a ride!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((CPChick)))))) ~

What a stunningly gorgeous locale to celebrate your 22nd birthday! I'm so happy for you that you had a wonderful time and were able to meet up with your friend as a bonus! You look terrific! Relaxed and glowing.

Congratulations to you on your selection for the leadership group for the youth conference planning! Wow! So many great things are coming your way, and I'm thrilled for you to have these opportunities.

Where in Mexico is the workshop being held? I hope it is in a safe, well established, and accessible location. It's a beautiful country, albeit third world in some respects, with its own special kind of cartel crimes. Be careful. Just a Mama-caution!

You're awesome!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Happy belated Birthday and congratulations!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Yippeeee, and Ole!!!! That is so fantastic, Erin. I'm so happy for you - you are a superstar. Hasta la Vista, baby! (not sure about the spelling :) xoxo
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Happy birthday Erin! I saw the pictures on fb....they are amazing views!! And congratulations on the youth programme! I love seeing your pictures of all your adventures! So glad you get the opportunity to go to all these cool places!! :)

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!