Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Status Quo: What We Don't Know

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

Kathleen has so many complicated medical issues all competing for being the cause of any of her symptoms. Bless her and you, because I know that makes it so difficult to identify which issue is causing what symptom.

Her low temp could be a combo of thyroid and her strokes.

We'd have to ask people with epilepsy, whether they experience a warm head or warmth and perhaps some buzzing or dullness in their head as an aura pre-seizure. Or if this is pre-headache. Or if it could be a seizure.

And we'd have to ask people, who have recovered from strokes, whether they experience what Kathleen describes. Could it be a TIA? Could it be something vascular?

This is why I recommend taking Kathleen's BP, SATS and HR, when she feels in any way unwell. That's the first thing an Urgent Care or ER or paramedics would do. That information can tell you quite a lot.

I'm still pondering her laughing and crying. Was she lucid? Alert? Aware? Communicating with you while she was laughing and crying?

I'll just keep praying for her healing and for these "episodes" to cease and for that antibiotic to have worked so she has no more pain in her rear!

What fun things have you lined up for Winter Break week? If it's cold, I vote for snuggling under warm blankies in your jammies, next to the fireplace if you have one, with some popcorn and hot cocoa (all gluten free, of course) and watch movies! I loved doing that with my boys, when they were much younger, obviously!

Hope you have warmer weather too, so that you can go out to do fun things.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Rose again... She is a puzzle that's for sure. She came home from school early her belly was bothering her. Today she didn't go her belly was "big", and she was very cranky. Also we were in the beginning of a pretty big snowstorm, so I didn't mind not driving to and from school today. It started about 5:30 and there's about a foot of snow. It's supposed to continue through tomorrow morning. I will look into a blood pressure machine. It is hard to figure out what's causing her pain or discomfort since it could be blamed on any number of her medical issues.
    Since the snow will continue we may be starting vacation early YEAH! We are planning visiting some friends, my sister, going bowling, maybe a movie, and of course my favorite sitting in our PJ's snuggling watching a movie on the couch with popcorn or my favorite ice cream. It's wonderful to just not have to rush through the morning. We will play a ton of UNO I'm sure and maybe Sorry, Trouble, and Tip It. A few of her favorite games. I bought a couple new workbooks to do because she LOVES to do worksheets, always has so I do take advantage of that. The only not so good thing we have to do is blood work but maybe lunch at Wendy's will help get through that. Thanks for all your help!
    Mary Grace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12