Thread: Well... never thought I'd get here!

Default Well... never thought I'd get here!

I was just recognizing how far my gut has come over the last couple of years. After getting off gluten I seemed to solve a lot of issues, including really, really awful IBS, but it just seemed like there was a whole host of foods that were still causing issues: nuts, seeds, raw veggies, curcumin capsules, chocolate... and on and on.

I took a course of probiotics but then I went from IBS-D to IBS-C. I felt worse off. Now about a year after that, I feel pretty normal and I'm eating most of those things without any trouble at all.

Funny thing is, I didn't even notice it until something triggered a memory of how bad things were.

I also just finished up a "Whole 30" paleo challenge and pretty much kicked my diet cola habit. Still addicted to caffeine though! Happy to have a gut that is behaving MUCH, MUCH better.

that's fantastic nancy! i love it when things get better but we don't even notice until something triggers it. then it's such a great memory. hope it stays a memory for you!

Community Member

Great to read Nancy. It is good to read that you are now able to eat some foods that you couldn't tolerate before. Happy for you.l

I'm happy to hear this. Take care, and good luck, especially with the soda. I know how bad that can get.

Distinguished Community Member annelb's Avatar

Great Nancy - wonderful news!

I have recently added naturally fermented sour kraut at almost every meal and it seems my digestion is better. A few years ago fermented foods did not sit well with me. Am I healing?
    Anne

Community Member

Anne, From what I am have read, fermented foods supposed to be really good for the gut. Glad to read that your digestion is better.

Marilyn

I really keep meaning to try to make some sauerkraut!

Of course, two days after I post this my gut is in an uproar, but I think it is from too much flax meal crackers.

Community Member

Good to hear. :)

We've certainly learned a lot about healing our bodies in the last few years. Whew!