Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT January Chit Chat II

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT January Chit Chat II

okay,, correct me if I was wrong, the other one was way to long,,

So today I went to the doctor,, and he immediately sent me down for a ultra/sound. on my ankles,, that are swollen,, yes I have blood clots, so I am on blood thinners {the shots },,

Gary quit it ,, us farmers are suppose to be invincible,,giving us a bad name,,lol.. seriously I am glad its not worse,, and you know it could have been,,

well better go,, later
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 01-20-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Good idea Peg! But it is nice have more people posting.

I am healing had Dr. appt today he is happy with my thumb. It still looks like hamburger. My blood pressure and MS........not so much. I am VERY reluctant to do 'roids as I have enough problems with healing and not getting infections to make it worse.

I have to say rthat I have had almost no pain from my thumb. I whacked it on the edge of the counter and that smarted some. O)kay if my daughter want here I would have laid on the floor and cried for a couple of hours. But a nap and some cookies made it better.

As many folks know we take a family vacation to the Oregon coast every spring break. But not this year............. we are going to Disneyland!!! We are all going down in our motorhome. The grandkids dont know yet. Daughter is making a scavenger hunt and the last clue will be " contuinues at Grandma & Grandpa's farm. I asked her to arrange it so my wife could see the expression on the kids faces. My mom and my sister lives down there so it will be another epic family vacation.

Not sure who is more excited: Grandma, daughter, grandkids or SIL who has never been anywhere near LA. i told myn wife that we could take a tour of 6th street and Bandini Blvd (LA's skid row) I used to haul freight down there when I was a kid.

More pics to come.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today."

That pops in my head every time I think about that thumb Gary. Please be careful in the future, better yet, maybe just stay away from power tools. Good healing to you!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Woke up to more white stuff and more school closings
    today and here's how I feel about that..f f f f f f f....
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Pretty cute Sally. The forecast here is for snow later this evening. I am not sure how long it will last. However, the next three days (at least) will not get above freezing. That means my steps and walk will not thaw out, but will be iced over. Not sure how long I will be in. Got out last night and went to meditation group that meets once a month, but stayed in today. So, including today that could be a pretty long time to stay in alone. Wish I had picked up some groceries to make some soup, but I did not know about this yesterday. When I was out yesterday it was so warm and pretty that I couldn't resist stopping at Goodberry's for a cone of their ice cream. Anyone else hooked on that?

Peg, really sorry you are still having problems. I don't think blood clots sound too good, but I am thankful they are doing something about it.

Gary, I am sure the cookies helped your finger. Glad it is coming along well. Wish your MS was. I agree with Howie about the power tools. Maybe you should get another hobby.

Agate, that was a cute picture of the kitties.

Jeanie, I hope you are doing well down in sunny Florida. I bet you are laughing at all the rest of us who have snow and cold. However, I can't take your summers. It is bad enough here, but not as bad as there.

Howie, you expecting to get some of this snow that is coming my way? If not I'll be sure to send you a little of it.

Renee, hope you are feeling a little better. Come on and let us know how you are. I don't know how you get around in all the snow you have, however I guess everyone there is more prepared. Or maybe you don't get around as much and that might be part of the down you are feeling.

Gabriella, hope your son got in to help you with things in the house.

Ann, hope you and future hubby are doing well now that you are rid of the flu.

Cherie, also hope you are feeling better, and that you are not overdoing.

I will talk to all of you later.
    Last edited by Virginia; 01-21-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Virginia

Cool

Yes Virginia, it's going to snow.....uh....10 feet.....yeah, THAT'S the ticket. So no use sending snow this way!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some Florida people might feel that they have their hurricanes to talk about even if they don't have snow....

Not just to talk about--to run from.

Peg, that's too bad about the blood clots. Hope something helpful can be done.

Gary, that seems like good advice about leaving the power tools to someone else. You can stand by in a consulting capacity, maybe?

Virginia, since you're home for a while, I hope you have some provisions at least, like some canned or dehydrated soups to tide you over?

Sally, it looks as if a little bit of winter goes a long way for you.

The weather on the East Coast and Midwest is certainly in the news just now. Nobody seems to be going anywhere by air.

The cold and snow aren't so good for people like Howie who wear nothing but a thong.

Those snowflakes on the news look so large that I suspect they're really several snowflakes clinging together. It's snowing sideways in the nation's capital.

I'll stop this now and leave the weather reporting to those who are in the middle of the weather.

Stay warm.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

It's snowing now and it's supposed to continue until about 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Brr.

They're predicting 4-8".
    Last edited by Frog42; 01-21-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Hi everyone. It is going to 30 here tonight and colder tomorrow. The Florida cold is a lot worse that the northern cold because it is so damp and it goes right through you. When I was in CT it was 15 degrees and we were out in it for hours and not too cold. 15 here would be too much with the dampness.

I am happy we don't get snow as I do not know if my scooter could operate in it. I hope all of you get through the cold without getting the flu or a bad cold. My son came today to put out my trash and recycle and his crew are all sick with the flu. I hope I don't catch it. Coughing is bad enough without adding the flu.

I have to go grocery shopping no matter how cold as I have eaten everything in the cupboard. Take care everyone and you cabana boys better give up the thongs for a few days and wear a coat. Jeanie :)
    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 01-21-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Cool

Where's Virginia? Tell her that snow she sent got here. Oh, and tell her if she doesn't get here soon, and start cleaning the car, and driveway of snow, I'm sending these cats to straighten things out, and they're in a bad mood! I haven't fed them yet. Now DIG!!!

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast