Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January chit chat!

Distinguished Community Member

CPchick, I commend you for doing everything you have to in order to get your degree. I agree with Rose hold your head high! I know how demanding Law school is and you need to focus so much time to do well. Kelly spent every waking hour studying going to classes and working as a TA at school. This week is the official ceremony to induct her into the NYS Bar. The final step in this long hard journey. You will get there too... She too has reservations of "becoming and adult" She's been a student for so long the transition is a bit scary. So don't feel alone it's a natural feeling...
    Mary Grace

Thanks Rose and Mary Grace for your supportive words! The visit to the welfare office was far less painful than I expected. I just gave the lady my tenancy agreement and she told me how much extra I was entitled to, so I was pleasantly surprised. My interview is tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. Thinking about it, being an adult isn't so bad sometimes - one can do a lot more. For example, my friend and I are taking a trip to a place called Queenstown for my birthday and since it is supposedly one of the 'adventure capitals' of the world, we have just booked a jetboating trip and also booked ourselves a visit to a bar made entirely of ice! Couldn't do that when I was a kid. Yeah the trip will cost money but I have made sure to have my rent covered first. Lots to look forward to over the next few weeks. :)

Good luck to your daughter on her bar admission Mary Grace. You must be very proud of her!
    Enjoying the excitements of life. Looking forward to what's to come! What a ride!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((CP Chick)))))) ~

Happy to hear that all went smoothly at the welfare office.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a great time in Queenstown! But do wear warm clothing! A bar made of ice? Okay. I'm really not young anymore! "... couldn't do that as a kid" you say. Well I couldn't do that when I was your age! You are quite the adventurer!

Did you finish your 7000 word paper?

((((((Mary Grace)))))) ~

CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter, Kelly, in her induction to the bar! Wow! Awesome! I know you're beaming! I can see it from 3,000 miles away!

Just an added note:

If you see some weird "Trophy" icon thingie under my name in my posts, I have an explanation for that, and I've asked Mike's help so that I can remove it.

Explanation: I played a game in our Arcade last night just to see whether the games would work for me, as they didn't the last time I tried, which was sometime last year. I played one game, it worked, and I won! Yippee! Now suddenly I have a trophy icon under my name! And I've looked all through my profile settings and can't find a way to remove it.

But, I was thinking, given that I played one game, and won, maybe ... I should play the Lottery!

The good news is that the Arcade works for those, who wish to use it. The other news is that I have this annoying "Trophy" icon to prove it!

Love & Light,

Rose
    aka Lucky Lady
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

Haven't had a lot of time to reply to posts....kids were home yesterday due to the cold and Caitlin is home today due to throwing up yesterday evening. Can't catch a break here! And tomorrow is a half day of school so I won't get much done this whole week I think. We did have one good thing yesterday though....the new wheelchair seat FINALLY arrived! I love it, and so does Caitlin! I love not having the side lateral things anymore, new seat just curves around. It was hard to always mash her clothes and puffy winter coat around those lateral things. They had to cut her tray down to fit around new seat but that was no big deal. The guy lives near here so he took it with him back to the shop and cut it down and returned it to us on his way home from work. Yay! I attached a pic of C in her new seat...the blue is the foam, they were testing her in it to see if they had it at good angles. It really has removable, washable black covers that go over the blue stuff. I love that feature too! She still looks a little white today, but ate a good breakfast and most importantly, the meds have stayed down! Hope you all have a good day!

Lisa O.
    20140128_1.jpg
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

Blog Entries

((((((Lisa & Caitlin)))))) ~

I'm so sorry that Caitlin has been ill, and I pray that she's fully recovered now and that no one else in your family picks up this or any other bug. You most definitely do deserve a break!

Caitlin looks fantastic in her new seat! Her posture looks terrific. I'm with you on the laterals, and I'll bet that Caitlin is glad they're gone too. Jabbing in the ribs. That's how it always seemed to me with laterals. Particularly, if there is a tendency to lean to one side.

You're making progress! More to come, I know, but it will. And this new seating system will really benefit Caitlin and you.

Be well ~ all of you!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Hi!

It has really been quite the day...Brandon was home sick (sore tummy & throat) so I kept C home one more day since it was a half day. The only good thing was we have an extra little flat screen tv in the attic so I brought that down and plugged it in his room so he can be quarantined! I made sure to say it was only temporary! He must be perking up since he keeps coming out now though. We also had a nice little blizzard today too, but glad that didn't stop the AFO guy from coming to our house. Caitlin got casted for new AFOs today! It is like feast or famine with getting needed things...though this week has been 'feast'...

Here is a picture out my back window...brrr cold! I was trying to get the animated gif to play on my facebook but they don't allow those. Hoping it works here!

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

argh, I give up trying to get the moving picture on here! LOL! here is a link.
    http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/...psfd6c2686.gif

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Great pictures Lisa! Caitlin is beautiful like a flower. Glad you got the new wheelchair and AFO cast done!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

Blog Entries

((((((Lisa))))) ~

Glad you're experiencing a feast right now. May it continue for you!

Hope Brandon is feeling better and that no one else in the family picks up his germies!

Apparently, there are a variety of viruses floating around, none of which are covered by the flu shot. Jon's nurse, and quite a few of the folks I've been talking to during our supplies crisis, described a stomach bug, a sore throat bug, a cough bug, a fever only with aches bug, a common cold bug, and more than one bug at a time. So, we are doing our very best to stay home and not get near anyone!

YAY for the AFO Guy! Very brave to weather that blizzard, but maybe not the safest idea. Look at all of those people stranded in Atlanta! What a nightmare!

Great animated gif of your backyard during the blizzard! I remember something similar when we lived in the Midwest. So glad I left there! To me that weather shouts: "Stay inside! Put a fire on in the fireplace! Pop some corn! Make some cocoa! Get the blankies! Put on a movie! Cuddle up!"

You also have the perfect Christmas tree in your backyard (or outside of the fence on the greenbelt?). It's ideal! String some lights on it this Christmas and print it out! Great Christmas card photo!

Stay well ~ ALL of you! Be safe!

Love & Light,

Rose

PS ~ Just looked at your gif again and noticed the tree is outside of your fence. Still a perfect Christmas tree. And I think your photo should be in the dictionary and encyclopedia under the word: "WINTER." Wow! THAT is Winter!
    Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 01-30-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12