Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT September Chit Chat

Hello out there, hows things going ?,,

Things are going all right here,,weather remains to be a thorn in farmers behind, with the rain staying away,, soybeans are podding, corn is fireing from the bottom, which is so wrong, lack of moisture will do it,,

Garden is going good,, too good, I canned some tomatoes 17 pints of salsa,, I am done, now,, till i figure out what else to can,, hahaha !

Rodeo weekend, Labor Day,, I love this rodeo, was rodeo queen, 4 years running, also was barrel racing in the rodeo,, lots of good memories,,

so have a good weekend,,later

Peg
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Hi, Peg! Glad to see you can get in, now. Was real frustrating there for awhile.

Sorry about your corn. The corn around here has been doing good so far. Sweet corn has been especially nice.

Nothing much else happenin' here...
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Peg on top of things as usual.

Nuttin new to report here other than I am enjoying the few days of cooler weather.

I am on the down side of the steroid taper. And so far so good. My PCP had a discussion with the kidney doc and the neuro as my blood work is within normal ranges it is just inside of normal and they are reluctant to push too hard. They did agree to continue current meds and wait at least 2 months and they they will at least discuss any treatment options I want to explore. This is of course meaning that BP does not go to 250/180 or some such numbers and everything else stays near normal.

Be healthy everybody.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah corn--I'm glad corn was mentioned. I'm so glad I can eat corn on the cob again after a year or so of not being able to because of dental problems!

I've spent all of August with no appointments I had to go to, and that is my idea of happiness. Since it might have been very hot at any time (but wasn't), I had hoped I could get through the summer by just holing up at home and turning on fans and air conditioners as needed.

September can be hot too of course. So I have no appointments planned until the middle of the month.

Haven't been to a store either. Stores are fine but take time and energy, and I always seem to spend money since that's what they're there for....

Watch out for Peg--she's apt to can you!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Default OT September Chit Chat

Can you believe it's already September? We are still cleaning up from Hurricane Irene and there are over 100,000 homes here in this State still without power. Schools, which were supposed to start on August 29 (the day after the blow) are not starting until September 6th IF power has been restored by then. Makes me think they will do away with the April School vacation so they're not still in school in July. David took much of the day off from work today and took three trailer loads of brush and limbs to a friend's landfill and then made a trip to the dump with stuff too big to go into the pick up bins. Slowly....

Friends in VT are still , in many cases, completely cut off by roads that have washed out and bridges that are gone. Sewage lines have broken and there is concern for health issues. Our place in NH is fine and family in Upstate NY had some flooding but the waters have receeded and life is back more or less to normal in that State.

This board seems to be quite inactive and I'm thinking a lot of folks still haven't made it back over to the new site.

Hoping Peg is able to keep us posted as to the procedure for stem cells that she's having done in a couple of weeks.

Gary, no hospitalizations allowed this month...seriously!

I've heard from Jeanie that David has spent a couple days in the hospital but is now home. Her daughter in law is now cancer free and recovering from surgeries and radiation burns.

Y'all chime in with your news please.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Not a lot to report as nothing too terrible happened here. We didn't even lose our electricity, just the cable for about half a day. I don't see that as a tragedy!

I saw that video of the covered bridge that washed away in VT. That was so sad.

Next!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

My daughter and her husband have to take that route to get to his family home in VT and were supposed to go up this weekend. Not sure where the alternate crossing would be but so many of the roads along that river are severely damaged.

Our weather in my part of NC has been beautiful for the past few days. I have so enjoyed it. However, it is supposed to be back up in the 90s beginning tomorrow. Then I think another cool spell middle of next week.

I think the people at the coast are frantically trying to clean up from Irene for the Labor Day week-end. I am afraid that many of them will not make it - just too much damage.

I had my house power washed and outside windows washed Tuesday and today new screens were installed. Would love to have gotten new double hung tilt windows that are more energy efficient, but just could not financially justify doing it. Interest rates have been low for so long and appear to be going to remain that way for a long time. This helps the people that are borrowing money, but not the ones who get part of their income that way.

I felt really good Tuesday and Wednesday. I think it may have had something to do with the weather temperatures and humidity being just right for my MS.

I hope everyone is going to have a nice Labor Day. I will be, as usual, staying close to home.

Where is everyone? Cherie you are right that the board is slow.

Ann, Lady, Agate, Sally, Gabriella, Jeannie, Howie, Gary and all the others come on in and let us hear from you. What's going on?

Peg, please keep us informed. I am anxious to know how you do and of course what effect this has on your MS. I know the others are too.

Take care everyone,
    Virginia
    Virginia

Oops, I think some of us missed this thread and another one got started for September. Doesn't matter I'll just tell everyone again what I have been up to.

The weather was great here for a couple of days this week and really helped the way I felt. Makes a big difference in my MS when the temperature and humidity are MS friendly.

Had my house power washed and outside windows washed Tuesday. Also had the walk done. Today I had new screens put in. As I was saying in the other thread I really wanted new double hung tilt windows with better energy efficiency, but my pocketbook said "no", not until things have changed with interest rates and that looks like a long haul.

Agate, you remind me of myself. I hate to make appointments now. I have had so many in the past I just don't want to go anywhere that has anything to do with Doctors. I chipped the filling in a tooth and have to go to the Dentist next week and I just plain dread it. I have to see my Neurologist later this month and while I like him, I just don't want anything to do with Doctors. I am tired or being a patient. Consequently, I do not see my primary care physician very often. Haven't been at all this year (I am knocking on wood as I type that).

Peg, I'll ask again that you keep in touch with us. we are anxious to know about your treatment and how you do during that, and also how the effect is on your MS.

Cat Dancer nice to see you again. Hope all is well with you.

Will talk to all of you later.

Virginia

Gary, glad you are doing better. Keep going in that directions.
    Virginia

Virginia,
    I think you are right about the weather and feeling better. Tuesday I powerwashed the deck outside my office (nearly three hours). Wednesday I went to Macy's and returned some things and just walked around for over an hour. Today I did a couple loads of laundry, went and donated clothing to the local resale shop, went to Habitat's ReStore and hunted for nearly an hour for stain for the deck and a new lighting fixture for the kitchen and took a bunch of stuff there to donate then went to Sears and bought a new lawnmower for one of our rental properties....then I hit a brick wall and haven't been able to bounce back and now I can't sleep. So much needs to be done.

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast