Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cats have had me tied up on the bed. I just broke free a while ago. Darn cats!
    You are starting to worry me, Howie..LOL!! Get a dog!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Default Dogs vs Cats

I've had both and you can train a dog to be of assistance but forget it with a cat. Cats are only out for themselves, Howie. They can do damage if they don't get what they want. The saying is "Dog is man's best friend" Not Cats.

Peg, I hope and pray this treatment will be just what you need to stop the progression. Is this treatment a study you have volunteered to be in?

Gabriella

Ever hear of Catwoman? Well Howie is Catman. He is the best "Cat Daddy." He loves his three kitties and wouldn't trade them for a ton of money. They are his best friends. A dog is out of the equation, he is addicted to his babies.

Gary, Howie pushes the lawn mower, not a ride-on. It gets very hot doing that, where he lives.

Howie, how are you feeling now? The heat still getting ya? We worry you know!
    Lady

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ever hear of Catwoman? Well Howie is Catman. He is the best "Cat Daddy." He loves his three kitties and wouldn't trade them for a ton of money. They are his best friends. A dog is out of the equation, he is addicted to his babies.

Gary, Howie pushes the lawn mower, not a ride-on. It gets very hot doing that, where he lives.

Howie, how are you feeling now? The heat still getting ya? We worry you know!

I haven't felt too hot for a while. I just have NO energy. I have a neighbor who is cutting my grass with his riding mower.

This has been a long hot Summer!

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lady, thanks so much for the appreciation. I'm proud of the way the Useful Websites thread turned out but it took some doing to get it right. I'm hoping to ask the moderators to open that post up to editing from time to time so that the links can be brought up to date. Maybe once every 6 months or so?

Peg, have you seen the place you'll be going to for the treatment? Maybe a Website has photos? Do you stay in a hospital for a while?

I'll certainly be hoping for a good outcome for you!
    Last edited by agate; 09-03-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

lets see, if I can remember what was asked,, hahaha !

Gaberiella,, this is not a study at all, like I said, its been researched, and we have talked to the advocates, and patients, with MS who had this done, very impressive results,, cheaper then Mexico, or other locations, because they work with your cells inside your own body, so no foreign cells, like hippos, and giraffes,,. hey my doctor said this, I find it hilarious ,,hahaha !

Agate,, I have to web site for the hotel, very impressive place, to rich for my blood,, but Stem Genex is letting us stay for free.., no hospital, its a out patient facilty, brand new clinic,,

and I am a dog whisper, trained them, oh wait, they trained me, always love dogs,

Peg
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

:) Hi everyone. I read all 3 pages. Retention of what I read is not 100%. (Not even near that.)

David's heart tests and the stress test were good and they think he may have pulled his abdominal or diaphram muscle. DIL Jamie and Mother the same. My son found a job and starts Tuesday making what he made in the early 80's. But it is with the county so he will have good benefits.

Happy Birthday Cherie. I hope you and David are celebrating.

It is still stifling and hot here and will be until December. Thank God for AC. I am tired but feel ok.

Good luck Peg with the stem cell treatment. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Best wishes to everyone trying new treatments!

Here are my wonderful kitties I had to leave in KY when I moved to MA. They passed away in 2008:

Last edited by Frog42; 09-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Distinguished Community Member

Sorry you lost your babies, Vicky, it is so difficult.

I am getting nervous - I have 3 cats and have always had at least one. Do you think cats cause MS?? Or nurses w cats? Or there was the time when we thought maybe there was something in having so many Susans w MS.

Oh, that it would be that simple:)

Best outcome, Peg, best possible outcome for you!

Happy Birthday Cherie - you are catching up to me.

Virginia - I put in windows 3 years ago. It was pretty simple. Just sign a check, ha! I saved money on heating each year since- doesn't pay for the windows but helps. And cleaning them is so much easier than my old 6 over 6 windows.

Having a pleasant weekend- may go to the beach tomorrow for a last swim. SO is off until Wednesday!

Be well & Behave,
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 09-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Best birthday ever. David let me sleep late. Leisurely breakfast and then he washed and detailed my car. I don't think it's ever looked this good since I got it 7 years ago (2001 Sienna). Multiple phone calls and emails from friends and family. Late afternoon musical (last day of the season for the summer stock theater) and then dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant that is new to the area. I am one very blessed woman!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast