Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: OT September Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Everybody, Our temps are still in the 90's. I got my grandson to come over and pick our muscadine grapes that are ripe. He got 3 gallons picked for me to freeze and I'll make jam when I feel up to it.

I'm going for the IVIG/Solumedrol infusions for 3 days next week and I can tell I have run out of any energy to do anything but lay around. Sorry to hear about all the damage from Irene. I never thought I would hear of a hurricane in Vermont altho we had one in Atlanta that came out of the Gulf of Mexico a few years back that caused some trees to fall on all our vehicles.

Sorry, my cognitive function for remembering names is shot. Just happy that everyone seems to be doing better. I have doctor's appointments scheduled for the next several weeks. I'll be going back to the neurologist in November after infusions in Sep, Oct, and Nov. These are primarily for the Myasthenia Gravis but also supposed to help the MS. There are no posts on the MG forum so you all are stuck with me over here.

Gabriella

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

yes ma'am, {Virginia}, I will keep everyone informed, a week from this Sunday, we are driving to Des Moines, staying over night, in a motel, our plane leaves at 6 am,,

nervous ? scared ?, all the above, and a whole lot more,,lol
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes ma'am, {Virginia}, I will keep everyone informed, a week from this Sunday, we are driving to Des Moines, staying over night, in a motel, our plane leaves at 6 am,,nervous ? scared ?, all the above, and a whole lot more,,lol
    I'm outta the loop, Peg, or just forget, but what treatment are you having and where?

So glad you made it back in.:)
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Hi!

I merged the 2 September Chit-Chat threads by request of an MS forum member with the one started earliest being the new thread starter. I left a "Moved" sign on the other September Chit-Chat that will expire in a week. I think this is a busy forum and you all should notice the merged threads by one week.

I hope this is okay with all of you. If not, please pm me.

Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Thanks for the housekeeping!
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalpalSally View Post
    I'm outta the loop, Peg, or just forget, but what treatment are you having and where?

So glad you made it back in.:)
    hi Sally.. I am getting Stem, Genex treatments, in Miami Florida,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Talking

Peg, I'll be saying a prayer for you for next Monday's Stem Cell treatment in Florida. I guess you will be saying hello to your son, Sgt Tom, and his bride, your new DIL. I hope everything is great for you and the cells work their magic. You need a good turn of events after all you have tried in the past.

Gabriella, we never feel stuck with you. You belong here. I'm praying your treatment works magic for you too. MS and MG is too much!

Gary, stay well that's an order. Howie said so too. Hey! Where is that guy when you need him? I hope he is not mowing his lawn again. :ambivalence:

Agate, you helped so much with ideas and working with the BT team to get us looking normal. Thanks from all of us Chitty-chat people.

Virginia, clean windows and new screens, what more can a girl ask for? You can open up the windows soon and let the fresh air in and no bugs either. Yay!

Hi Ann, Jeanie, Cherie, Howie, Sally, Vicky, Cat Dancer and all. Hey, where is paj, Whisper, La Celi, SuzE-Q, nuthatch, JtTwin, Kathy, renee, Ikoiko and all.

I'm just resting and enjoying the cooler weather. BBQ's this weekend. Yum!

Have a great weekend everyone and be safe.

Lady

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

Hi everybody,

I am going to try to behave myself. Okay I am going to attempt to try not to get into trouble. Ha even I don't believe that!

Weather has gone back up to the mid 90's but the 2 days in the 70's was nice. Fall must be coming as Stanley Idaho which is about 100 miles or so from our house was 22 degrees this morning. To tell the truth Stanley is often the coldest spot in the lower 48 states.

Almost at the end of my roid taper, down to 20 mg a day. I have decided that this is the best way for me to have to do IVSM. They put the 1,000 mg in a full bag of IV fluids and take a least 2 hours to infuse it. Then do a taper via oral for about 7 days. It seems to keep me from a good part of the crash. My blood sugar is up but I expected that and I am eating like a horse. But this morning I awoke at 5 am and cant get back too sleep. So I guess that I will need to do an inspection on the hammock

Be careful with that lawn mower Howie. A couple of years ago I bought a new riding mower and of course I bought one with mower power. I zipped around the edge of a pine tree and knocked myself into the dust. Good thing that the motor shuts off if there is no one in the seat!

Hope that everyone on the east coast is getting back to normal. I watched the news clips of that covered bridge in Vermont and I am always amazed at the force of a river. I just don't think that you can ever be prepared for some thing like that.

Going to our daughters this evening for a BBQ as this is the only day that they have off at the same time. My SIL manages a grocery store but is really a closet chef. And can he cook. Our joke has been that if the kids ever had a fight that HE can move home with us!

I better get off the couch and get moving since I knocked the rempte off the other end of the coffee table unless I get up I cant turn on the TV. I wonder if I called my wife's cell and asked her to get up and come in here and hand me the remote that I would get into trouble. Hmmmmmm anyone wanna dare me?!?!

Be healthy everyone.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
    hi Sally.. I am getting Stem, Genex treatments, in Miami Florida,,
    I will be saying extra prayers for you Monday. I hope this will be some kind of a magic bullet for you.:) Can't wait to hear..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

The cats have had me tied up on the bed. I just broke free a while ago. Darn cats!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast