Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 52545505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

No dear jingle, I am the one older than dirt, eh? Thank you everybody for the warm welcomes back. I have missed everybody and hope to be able to come around more often. I do love you dear friends. take care all you dear friends, Jo6
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hi everybody :) -- Here it's a chilly day and I've already turned on my AC so I'm not about to turn on heat again.
    This morning I'm off to the pain management clinic to see if I can please, please, please get another shot in my back.
    Wish me luck.

4. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everybody !

jingle, i hope you got your shot yesterday and are pain free today!

i have been so busy just doing stuff. i have been outside in my garden every day that it's sunny and over 50 degrees. the dogs want to be outside with me, but i am concerned about them when it's cooler because they are older dogs. nora wears a sweater inside and outside the house unless it's over 70 degrees, as it was the other day. we spent about 4 hours out in the afternoon, the warmest part of the day. i took off nora's sweater. she hates that...lol. i promised her i'd put it back on before she went to bed . nora had surgery for a growth on the inside of her hanging lip. i'll find out tomorrow what the biopsy says it is. she had surgery there around the middle of february, but the tumor grew back right away. the vet cut out more skin this time, "bigger margins" he said. he hopes that if it is cancerous that he cut enough skin so there are no more cancerous cells in the margins. that would be a cure. he says he could do a more extensive surgery if there were cancerous cells in the margins because nora has those hanging lips; a lot of excess skin. i hope that isn't necessary. i am worried.

i think i have mentioned that two sundays a month, i volunteer to serve food to the poor and the forgotten worker in a park that is in downtown detroit. we can see the new red wings stadium being built, a lot of these people live in the area. some of them have had to move out of their low income rented apartments because developers are buying up property all over. there is a man that takes pictures every week. what i didn't know is that he also takes short videos. i found some on you tube and i am going to post one here. this was taken on palm sunday, the last time we served food. it was a very nice day and there was a long line of people. there is always more people when it's warm, although we serve year round, rain or snow. here is the video:

i hope everybody else is doing good!

julia! it was so good to see you check in. please answer my email when you feel up to it!

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 04-19-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

listening to alex jones
    \
    the yogurt guy in Idaho is suing him
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

just a quick hello to everyone. I have been to a new pain doctor for those "killer" shots in my back & wouldn't you know it, as i was getting on the danged table i could not get my body placed where they wanted it. nw i have to say it is never easy but i got a terrible wrench or whatever you call it and nmever even got my face into the whole where i was to get my breath.

i am NOT exagerrating, these shots were 10 times worse than when i use to get them. i promised it they did not last very long, i would not go through the extra pain repeatinf them again. hubby already has one of the walkers you roll around until it is time to sit and rest,
    so that will be my plan after refusing 4 wheelchairs.

so i hope who ever needed them gets to get them. so far mine is working on the spot where injected, it is just a lot of places to cover tho.

well it is thundering bad here and i know it is time to head to safe place again. boy i hate tornado weater. i pray everyone has a safe place. i do, it is call the hall or front bathroo.

take care all, i think a great deal of each amd every one of you.

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Hello, been busy with taking care of the puppy.

Glad to see people are posting.'

We are doing our first camping trip this weekend. This will be the puppies second camping trip. He is cream colored. The campsite spots always has dirt. He's going to get very dirty. Last time we held him under the water spigot. He now is 11 months old and 75 pounds. I don't thing that is going to happen this year.

I go to Montana in june for three weeks to help my daughter with the babies. She is going to have the baby on june 11th. I hope my granddaughter remembers me.
    Ca
    Take care,
    Dawn

12. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

hello everybody. Jeannie I will write soon. You too Joy. I realized I can use my laptop just for that--------a laptop!! I'm doing better and thanks to everybody for all the love and kindness that has come my way .My love to all, Jo ((((hugs))))
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

14. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hello Everybody ... So glad to see people posting. I sure hope more people check in.
    Today I had an appointment with my pain doctor and got those magic steroid injections in my lower back.
    Weathermen have promised that we'll have a great weekend here. Good!

saturday morning 62 now guess i came here when i was 45 well to the old mgh

listening to george noory jimmy church
    "'I have done my best.' That is about all the philosophy of living one needs." Lin Yutang

17. The following user says "thanks"

hello everyone.. i have lost 2 replies so this will be short. i hope everyone has a nice summer. !!

i will be extremely careful next time i try to post.
    Last edited by joy; 05-24-2017 at 12:45 AM.

19. The following user says "thanks"

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 52545505152535455565758 LastLast