Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 42429303132333435363738394464 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

hello everyone. I miss being here all the time like I use to get to do, lol. well I shouldn-t grumble at least I am here now. I have so many empty hummingbird bottles in garage from years of feeding birds. I am sure they wish I stuill could feed them. I would have them in several locations so that if they were ran off one bottle they could go into the front yard or sidfe of house and find another bottle with source of food. when it is so hot and dry I feel bad for the tiny things. I know they have to eat way more then you'd imagine to stay alive

I am stayi ng down a lot to try and get this tiny spot on toe to heal. as usual when I went to lake even though wearing shoes with a high throat and tight around top, a rock managed to get inside. I imagine that is what happened, since I feel nothing in feet it is hard to say. anyway
    it is sunny today so I don't feel like fussing. and soon fall leaves will shine and I usually am always at peace with the world when I get to view all the lovel autum sights

jamesande99.welcome to BrainTalk
    Last edited by joy; 09-16-2015 at 11:06 AM.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Jingle, I lol every time I want to go rummage thru the freeze and hunt up a misplaced cigggie. Thank you again. Between the CCU in the hospital and your freezer story helped a lot. lol

Jeannie, when you dig up your bulb's this fall how do you store them? I'm going to have to start digging soon. Ken will have to do most, but at least he is willing to help me. HE finally got rid of the periwinkle up that had taken over the lilies

Joy, glad you are posting more and hope your foot heals soon. Will post again soon, love you all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Six years ago I moved and lost all my precious lilies, hosta and all sorts of plants. I sure don't miss where I had been living but I miss those plants.

5. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Jingle, you have had to leave behind a treasure trove of beauty. You don't get there in one season, it takes many hours to leave what you have had to leave behind. I have just about give up on what precious few flowers I had built over the years. I didn't even plant a tomato plant this year.

Thanks for giving me the URL for the hummingbird info. We really have enjoyed watching them this year. Yesterday as we sat on the front porch we had birds flying around in the porch. Never had so many at one time and I was dodging right and left. It was funny and they were very bold. You know, sometimes we have to give things up that we enjoy for years and get back to simple nature things.

I have had Drs. appointment's the past 2 weeks. My heart Dr. & my Pulmonary Dr. seemed to be on the same frame of mind. I had been throwing up every day or night for about a month. It's been hard going. they both seemed to think the COPD was playing a large part in the being so sick every night. Heart Dr. increased my BP meds again, Pulmonary Dr. has me back on the
    Prednisone // antibiotic round again. They gave me an injection of Prednisone in the office, then 14 day round of Prednisone as well as a strong antibiotic. My blood pressure is still high, but so far not high enough to go to hospital. I am thankful for this.

I want to be well and normal and be able to cook dinner and do chores around the house. It is all so depressing. WELL, my Power Chair hasn't arrived yet. I can't even go to gro. store anymore. I will use the chair to get around large area's, but will still be using my walker all other times. I cannot not take any risk on falling again if I can help it. I am ready to chew nails, waiting for the chair that should have been here month's.

Oh well, enough grumbling. It all still could be worse. I pray all you other dear friends are doing as well as possible.. I know Dawn is having a ball with that beautiful granddaughter!! I'm so happy for her. Marion I hope your depression is getting better. I enjoy your tale's of the birds. Tell us more!!

Cloud Z, I hope you aren't sick or worse than normal. I am having a time with the pain and aggravation from the Shingles. The injection they gave me last week they put it right where I had had so much trouble with the shingles. I was in tears before we got home. I remember how bad yours were around your eyes. Cloud z, I hope they have cleared up, but I read where they could last a very long time.

Take care all. I've got to go lay back and get off the hurts!! All my love, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

[B]I hope everyone can enjoy a few fall days. it is nice right now here. I am still tryig ti sit iut of things so yoe will get well,

did't sleep last night do I am gonna tryt ir again n take care allB]

8. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!!!

Power Chair came yesterday! Yes Jeannie, the evil thing finally got here. Now I can go shopping to buy me some new cloths. Nothing fits right anymore. this hump on my back hurts worse everyday and I am hoping this will help with the pain. I am thankful I was able to get it. It's very nice, I can get around the house, at least most of the house and will be able to take some of the stress off Ken.

I managed to put in a load of dirty clothes. Now I can take care of all of it except getting the wet clothes in and out of washer. This makes me very happy. I finally feel like I am still among the living. It's hard to give things up you have done all your life. It doesn't sound so bad until it happens to you, then it's chip chip away until you feel useless. I am feeling more normal, I guess those aren't the right words, but humbled by the fact I can wash a load of dirty clothes!

I love you all, Julia

for my brother Ben

10. The following user says "thanks"

joy

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hurray Jo! I am so glad to hear the chair has arrived and it has made such a positive impact on your life......... what good news.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

...yay! the evil chair has arrived!

julia, i know exactly what you mean by normal. you have done things all your life and like you said, illness has chipped away at your ability to do the simple things you once did without a thought. i think this is like getting an artificial limb. yes, it is not a real hand or leg, but it works like the real thing and it lets you do stuff. i am so happy you got to go clothes shopping . we all need a few new clothes for autumn. i got a new washing machine that leaves my clothes almost dry and it's a front loader! just scoot yourself up here and i'll let you try my washer out .

jingle, i feel so sad about your plants! i have invested so much time and love in my garden. it has been my place of peace these long years that were full of pain and despair. i often think of what would happen to my garden if i died or had to move. i am going to tell my son to either keep up the garden or put an ad in a paper giving away plants. i would love for plant lovers to have my plants. julia, i am giving my tulip bulbs to my neighbor. i read that to store bullbs, you should take them out of the ground, brush off the dirt (DO NOT RINSE) and put the bulbs in a single layer in a cardboard box with layers of newspaper in between. you have to store bulbs in very cold conditions at least 2 months for them to rebloom. where you live, they said to put them in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 months and then plant. i hope this helps!

joy! i'm glad fall has finally arrived and some cooler weather. we have had about 2 weeks of temps in the 70's and very little rain. this week the temps will drop into the 60's as a cold front comes through.

well, i have been busy planting plants that i bought and also digging up and moving plants to different locations around the house. i think i have transplanted or planted about 30 plants the last 3 weeks. i have a big clean-up to do in the yard before winter and i have 3 new plants to plant and one bush to transplant to my pookie's house. that is all i will do because i know the leaves will start falling soon and i have to start putting everything away. we went and watched the supermoon eclipse on lake st. clair last night. it was very pretty to watch the shadow of the earth cover the moon and you could definitely see the red moon when it was fully covered.

so, i keep working, keeping busy, but making time for fun. i was missing the having fun part of life for so long, although i do have friends that i would go out with. it's different sharing your life with a man again. i had gotten so used to be alone and doing what i wanted when i wanted. now i have to make time for someone else. i am not complaining, it's just that i didn't think i would ever find someone special and now that i have, i find myself topsy-turvy sometimes .

love you all....

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

14. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thank you jingle. You have been a great help to me in many areas and I love you for it. Life can take on a whole new meaning as we get on in years. Thank you again for being so encouraging.((((jingle))))

Jeannie, you are too funny and I'm glad we can talk and not get angry at each other. All those years in Alzheimer's Forum will forever stay close to my heart. JOY, working thru the problems of years all just comes together and we wonder why we didn't see it before?? All of you girls have given me so much to keep me going. I love you all

Jeannie, scoot over just a tad and I'll try out your new washer. It sounds great. I think I could even handle a front loading washer. I'm all over the place this morning. I'm still on the Prednisone and it makes me crazy!! Poor Ken, I make HIM crazy. We are both looking for better days to come.

I go to see my Neuro Dr. on Thursday. I am really hoping they will cut back on my seizure meds. and allow me to drive a little bit. Jonathan says NO WAY! ((my baby))almost 50. He called me yesterday, don't get to see him too often, but hope I can make a trip soon and do some Christmas shopping. He lives near Atlanta and I would never run out of shops. I think I am dreaming a little here. lol

Better save some words to add to my book. I just want all of you dear friends to know how much you have helped me and I am thankful I found BrainTalk in 1999.

Life is good, Julia

for my brother Ben

16. The following user says "thanks"

Julia so glad that you finally got your chair. Watch out world Julia is coming. lol

Jeannie. you should post pictures of your yard. I bet it's beautiful. It is nice spending time with someone. To be able to do things with. Yet it's also nice to have alone time once in a while.

Joy, I wish you would get better with your foot.

We haven't closed up the cabin yet this year. I think we are in denial that winter is on it's way. It is cool here but the sun is shinning so that helps. I just hate the winter when it's cloudy but then it's warmer here.

My little bella is coming to spend the week with us. I can't wait to see her cubby checks. I just love kissing her. Oh did I mention her parents are coming also. lol. My grandpup is coming also. He's too mean to leave with anyone. They have friends that are going to stay at their house and take care of the horses.

My depression has been playing games with me lately. I wish that it would just quit. I do try to keep busy and that does help that's if I feel like getting up in the morning. I always make coffee for DH in the morning before he goes to work. I feel quilty that he is working and I'm not. What I wouldn't give to be back in the work force but it's not to happen. DH always says he would change positions with me in a heart beat except he doesn't want to have the problems that I do.

My little one and I are going to the orchard on friday. I just love going there. Even though we are adults it still is fun. I love Honeychisp apples which we started here at the unversity.
    Take care,
    Dawn

18. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 34 of 79 FirstFirst ... 42429303132333435363738394464 ... LastLast