Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22227282930313233343536374262 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey julia, joy, clouds, dawn, clouds, fig, sly....

those are the people that i am thinking have posted lately. it's off the top of my head, so forgive me if i missed your name. i didn't forget you

well, its the hot, humid afternoon before evening showers and a cold front snap us back into the upper 70's. i watered my garden sunday because it was looking droopy and i knew it wouldn't wait until today.

i got my hair shaped up yesterday, it needed a good inch, inch and a half cut. seems it grew faster this month. sometimes that happens. it seems it looks good for 5 weeks, then in a couple of days it goes to looking like a mop is on my head. sometimes, it doesn't grow much in 6 weeks. i love going to the salon. my hairdresser has become a good friend over the past 20+ years i have been going to her and also taking my daughters. we laugh and talk serious and have a blast. plus, she gives a good shampoo/massage.

joy and julia, glad you are doing more on your own! i see things like wheelchairs and planks and other aides as necessary evils. they help your body rest and heal so you can eventually do more. it's a trade off. you take your wheelchair on longer trips around town to conserve energy so you can enjoy your grands or do something more fun later. of course, when you feel better, you have to build up stamina so you can walk all the time. like they say, "use it or lose it". i hope i am not being a bossy know-it-all, because i do love both of you and want you to be able to do whatever you want to do !

julia, my pookie doesn't really help me in the garden. that's my place. i work there alone...but everything outside of the garden is up for grabs !

it's a wonder that after 12 years of sitting in the garage, neglected and unused, that my motor turns over so easily and purrs when tinkered with . that's it for that. this is a respectable forum .

so, off i go! maybe some lunch. great to see everyone posting a little every so often...even clouds saying he has nothing to say, which says a lot!

love you all

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Jeannie darling, yes you are being bossy, but that's ok. I'll take anything from my beloved little sister!! I truly mean that too.

I don't have my power chair yet and am beginning to think I am not going to get it. If I do it will only be for shopping trips with wide lanes, trips to the zoo, flower show's etc. The DR's concern was the many bad falls I've had. When I go to hospital I am not allowed out of the bed unless someone is with me all the time, even to bathroom. It is all so very depressing because I have always done things for myself, helped others as much as possible.

Well, time to put book on hold until later. yes Jeannie, it is better to write short note's and hear from everybody more often. I love you all and hope to hear from you all soon. Julia

Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

guess im tired today
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Well Cloudz, I hope your tiredness is just that, tired. I don't want to sound like the voice of doom, but every time I wake up very tired and it doesn't get better I have ended up in the hospital with Pneumonia. I didn't feel sick, just very tired.

every time I get so tired I am afraid I am on my way to hospital. I hope this is not what's going on with you.. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, and take care of yourself in general. We all care about you Cloudz, get well soon. Julia

Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

PROGRESS!!!

since i last posted, it has turned positively chilly here in detroit. yesterday, it was about 71. right now it's 68 and it's been cloudy and looking like rain, but it hasn't rained. temps at night are in the upper 50's. i like working in this kind of weather. plants like being transplanted and planted in this kind of weather.

so, pookie made a square for me that's about 5 inches high and 5 feet on each side from the posts that i had my old fence on. i put it on the ground and filled it with dirt. i transplanted 3 shrubs from my yard into that square. i just got the idea and it looks good. i planted 5 new bushes as a hedge in my backyard garden. this square is in my front yard. i really wrestled with those shrubs. they have some darn strong roots and i had to pull them out gently so i wouldn't kill most of the shrub. today i took some sedum flowers from my yard and planted them in the front yard. i also planted 2 more shrubs in the front yard. i've been working about 4 or 5 hours today. i'm not going to finish the front yard this year and now i need to transplant some flowers in the back yard.

i also need to replace a cement step that you step on off the front porch. it's not too expensive, about $55, but i have to get it from the concrete company. i won't pay $75 for a delivery. it's prolly going to take 4 people to lift out of the car. there is so much that has to be done when you own a house and when you're on a fixed income and need to do things by yourself, you're putting in your time and sweat to do the work.

i am so tired right now. i need to eat something for dinner and i don't want to cook. i have serious bicep muscles on my arms. i look like popeye the sailor man .

i hope everyone is enjoying this last month of summer. it has passed by SO fast!!! pretty soon i'll be raking leaves. i don't even want to think about it.

thank you all for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-27-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jeannie I always love reading your posts. I am really glad motors purr well when tinkered with also. None of this sitting idle and unused is not good for motors in my opinion.
    clouds hope you are ok and Julia I hope your chair is working out great for you. Marion are you staying busy? I am sorry but I am trying to stay with this and not miss anything but reALLY i SHOULD GET BACK TO BED AND SLEEP. JUST NT WANTING TO. WISH i HAD ANOTHER LAPTOP. i HAVE TO SIT UPRIGHT AT COMPUTER now and i get tired quickly.m take care all

Thought I would drop in and say hi to everyone.

Had a really nice visit with my grandbaby. My youngest and I drove out there. It took us a day and a half drive. I was there when my granddaughter rolled over for the first time. Very exciting. I have over four hundred pictures that my daughter gave me of the baby. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with those pictures. You can tell it's their first child.

Summer is sure zooming by. The leaves are already falling down. The kids are back in school and the state fair has started. Which means the ending of summer. Except you won't know it here with temps close to 90. We have horriable humid weather here.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Dawn,, it is exciting to hear about the baby. I haven't seen little Ford yet. Hopefully it will be in a couple of weeks. I do not want to give the little sweet thing any germs!! I'm going to get Papa Ken to go get a "Pack & Play and keep it here so I can play with him and not damage the back anymore.

Joy, I finally heard something from the Power Chair place today. This has been about 6 months in the making!! I'm about give up on it. It will give me more freedom to get around and not have to stay here at home all the time.

Jeannie, you busy bee. I'm glad you are enjoying the summer and the cooler weather. We have been buying fresh produce from the town hall every Thursday. that has been nice. Ken isn't able to do things like he used to do. He does not like that. Oh well, we all start losing what we once had. I'm afraid all my illness's has taken it's toll on him.

You know, his Mom has been gone about 3 years and it is just now starting to take it's toll on him. I feel for him.

Well, gotta walk around with my back straight as possible. That is a hard task for me, but I keep trying.

I love you all and hope everybody is doing well. Julia

for my brother Ben

i get trired from phn from shingles i guess
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

hello have a nice weekend

Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22227282930313233343536374262 ... LastLast