005.jpg

Thanks Clouds for your help.
    Take care,
    Dawn

2. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

oh my gosh, dawn! what a lovely little girl that is! it takes me back to my own baby making days and how wonderful those first few weeks were after the birth of each child! you are so blessed and i think you for sharing this picture of your new granddaughter!

well, i see we are in our summer slow down of posting. i have so many excuses...it's been raining like crazy here all through may and my garden is showing it's beauty . the plants are all bigger this year and the garden is filling in more because of that. i raked those helicopter seeds from my maple tree for 2 weeks...millions of little possible maples. because of the wet weather so many of them sprouted and i am pulling up little one inch maple trees all over the place. they are easy to pull out, though. the weeds are growing with a vengeance! i weeded for 4 hours the last two days in between rain showers. i have another 2-3 hours of weeding left and i will be happy. the strangest thing happened. i had planted 2 perennial plants, i think one of them was a plumbago and they didn't come up last year, so i thought i lost them over the winter. this year they came back! they are both about 2-3 feet high, so not small. my tiny asiatic lillies are blooming, the pink and cream ones. i have about 20 buds on each plant. the yellow ones haven't bloomed, nor have the peachy-orange ones. i bought a bright yellow one with a crimson center and that bloomed...very striking. i am also working on the front. my boyfriend (geez, that sounds so juvenile when you're 60...my love, ok), found me some landscaping rocks on craigslist for free. i am putting them alongside the edge of my front yard where the woman next door still insists on running over, even though there is the same amount of room on her side of the lawn. she ran over my sedum groundcover by the street. it's about 2 ft. away from the driveway! and she drops off a 6 inch curb there, too! i think something is wrong with her , like maybe some kind of substance abuse. so, i got the huge rocks. if she runs into those or over them, she'll have damage to her car, but hey, i have talked to her, put up wrought iron fencing (maybe 6 inches high)_, just so she could see she was close to my property. she just ran them over, flat as a pancake! my love suggested the rocks and i agreed. i have tried to be nice, but some people just don't give a chit.

of course, i am having my share of fun with a new man. we cook together, go out to dinner with friends, go to the museum and bike ride on belle isle, the island in lake st.clair and the detroit river. he has taught me how to install a bathroom faucet, which i did last week. i tried to figure out what was wrong with my washing machine. i thought it might have been the pump, but no, it's a major piece, the whole computer for the machine. so i need a new machine, but at least i am happy that i tried to fix it. he put in new locks on my front door and fixed my back screen door. i cleaned out his garden and planted tomatoes for him and i made him some hanging baskets that are doing great!

i was thinking about my mom before mother's day. something made me want to go to google and see if there was a report somewhere about my mom's fall. i know michigan rates their nursing homes and the head of the nursing home told me the department of social services was there to investigate my mom's fall. the nursing home had to report it because it was a severe injury. so that stuck in my head, but i didn't think of looking because i have been too happy the last few months. anyways, i went to the michigan government site and i found about 35 pages of the complaint that the social services made about my mom's fall. the department of licensing and regulation told the nursing home they had to have a plan of correction or they wouldn't be able to take any more medicaid or medicare patients if they didn't improve. so what i found out made me ill. the report said my mom was at a high risk for fallls and had a poor sense of personal safety. there was a plan of action put in by the nursing home that said, 1. my mom's wheelchair had to be by her bed because she could transfer herself from bed to chair and back, 2. there had to be mats on the floor, 3. there was supposed to bea motion sensor on my mom's bed, and 4. the bed rails were supposed to be down. on the night my mom broke her hip, NONE of these measures were in effect. there were excuses made by the nurse's aides they interviewed.

but, that isn't the worst of it. there is something that i will not be able to unsee the rest of my life. the first nurse to respond to my mom after her fall saw that my mom was yelling about pain in her left thigh. the nurse saw it looked crooked. so what did this nurse do? she went and got 3 nurse's aides and they each took one of my mom's arms and legs and lifted her, screaming, back onto the bed! then the nurse manipulated my mom's leg to see how much my mom could move her leg!!!. my mom was screaming and telling them to stop. this was all in the report from the interviews of the nurse and the aides. one aide said when they lifted my mom off the floor, she could hear bone crunching.

so, i had a bad week after i found out how my mom suffered that day by the stupidity of a nurse and the nh. it said that the nursing manual says you do not lift a patient with obvious injuries! OF COURSE NOT! the department of social services said in their report that the nh didn't provide my mom with a safe atmosphere for her problems. it was a very clear and judgmental report.

so, i realize i can't undo what happened to my mom. i am sorry she suffered. i can't change that.

so, i hope you all are doing okay. i hope to see y'all post. i know i have been bad about posting, but i feel so tired at the end of the day, but i wanted to write today!

love you all and hope to see you here soon!

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 06-26-2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Requested because edit function not working.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

4. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member

still alive and hating the summer heat and high uv
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

6. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

61 and never bought sun screen but did have a non cancerous lesion removed
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

8. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

maybe wireless internet gives me hives-i need dial up?there are links on line saying wireless can cause hives and other things--slept with wireless off and it seems hives weren't as bad-i did have three old flip phones on that i can call 911 on if i need to,,

10. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default Jeannie,

My heart aches for you! I know you can't do anything about it all now, but maybe the report will keep others from such horrible things in the future.

Over the last 5 years I have been in the hospital about 19 times. The last time was recent and I found some things changed , didn't understand why at first but before I came home I had learned a lot. Ken hired someone to stay with me 12 hours at night when family were able to go home to rest. I was bed fast, couldn't even sit up unless someone was in the room with me. Needless to say it only caused other problems, but it did keep me from falling out of the bed. Ken and I both feel such hurt for you. ((((Jeannie)))

I've missed everybody, couldn't remember passwords and such, but hope to have this fixed. Dawn, what a precious little girl you have in your hand! How much did she weigh? She looks so tiny. I'm happy for you. We have a new great grandson. He is about a month old. He has a head full of black hair, hugh brown eyes, he is our first great grandson. When I figure our how to post pictures I'll post some of the great granddaughters and little great grandson.

Joy, it was good to see your post. Hope you are doing ok. I'm still going through test and will be thru Sept. I know how annoying that can be. I'm still getting Therapy here at home. I'm doing much better, even danced a little last week. haha

Clouds, you take care of yourself. I hope you will find the cure for your hives. I had Shingles and it is still giving me fits at time. Well, can't sit for long so I'll go for now, but hope to hear from all my beautiful friends.

Jeannie, I am so happy you have found some happiness. I am glad he is helping you do things. I am blessed to have Ken and don't know what I would do without him. I thought of him when I was reading your post. You are blessed, dear one!!

My love to all, Julia

P:S: I do thank whoever helped me get my password straight.
    I'm thankful for all the help we have here at BT. J
    Last edited by Jo6; 07-18-2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

ive thought hives is connected with shingles and or stress, lightbulbs --sugar corn syrup syrup mattresses .lack of iodine

granules of Epsom salt with a little water seems to help toe fungus

i was on facebook but it seems to slow computer -id say get rid of facebook

11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4493791.html

Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343959 ... LastLast