Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 82833343536373839404142434868 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jo6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clouds Z, when you get a little older you may change your mind, but then again you may not. I do know one thing, you and I both have had a time with the Shingles. I don't think I would ever get a Shingles shot!!

take care Clouds, Julia
    im over 60 now-ill never change mind
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

so very good to hear from you all. Dawn I can't tell that hubby is home any moe now than when he quit. The part he quit I think is having to go attend the meetinfs etc. He had already stoppd actively fightinh fires. He still goes often enough to keep up with the rest of the department. I don't mind that at all as I like knowing how they are doing myself.

Clouds my daughter has had the shngles twice. and it use t be a sure thin that she would get the flu every year. aw but at least she is still seizure free. I am thankful for that. take care all.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone!

well, november had some unusually warm weather and the past 5 days of december have also been in the upper 50's. we broke 2 records on saturday and sunday with temps at 60 and 63 degrees. this gives me a lot of time to keep doing little things in the garden, like cutting back plants and clean-up of the yard. i have been planning a vegetable garden for next year. it's going to be about 30 feet long and maybe 8 feet wide, so it's going to be long and narrow. i am going to have to saw down an ugly bush, which i don't mind losing. it's going to be a raised bed garden. because it's going to be so narrow i think it'll be easier to maintain and grow and pick food.

i had a nice thanksgiving. i hope you all did, too ! i decorated my mantel the weekend after thanksgiving. my vine tree is still a work in progress as i figure out how to decorate it. it's pretty flat, no branches like a regular tree and that's the major problem. i work on it when i have time during the day. my daughter that lives in new york was home from the thursday before thanksgiving until the day after. she stayed with her sister a few days and then came over my house. i managed to clean out this back room and it looks decent. i still have to paint this winter and then it will look really nice. my pookie gave me a beautiful dresser that is small enough to fit up against the wall. he put in a door stopper on the hinges so that when you opened the door, it would open and stop before hitting the corner of the dresser. i can't move my computer because all the cables are set up to come from the outside right where i have my computer.

so, i hope y'all are getting ready for Christmas. julia, i'm sorry to hear you've been so sick, but i'm glad you finally got on your scooter!

i'm wishing you all a Merry Christmas or happy holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas!

i'm feeling kind of blue again this time of year and it's hard to get into the holiday spirit. it's my yearly winter blues and this is the worst time for it, in december and january. i'll be fine by the end of february.

oh, i got a Christmas card from pati! i don't know if she wrote it herself or someone else did. if anyone wants her address to send her a card or a letter, please private message me here or send me a message to my email. there was no message on her card, but i would have shared if there were.

right now, i'm pretty happy. i've been seeing my pookie for almost a year and we've had a few disagreements, but nothing that we couldn't resolve with some yelling at each other...lol . seriously, we don't yell at each other .

i love you all and i keep looking forward to your posts

jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 12-14-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Merry christmas
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

8. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Merry Christmas to you too, Cloud-Z. It's always good to hear from you. Jeannie, Jingle and all the others I have been missing, Happy Holidays to you all.

My love to all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Thinking of Dawn and her beautiful granddaughter. I know you are enjoying her!

I plum forgot to say I finally got to see my precious first great-grandson, 6 months old now. Just in time to welcome my second great-grandson little Jonah. He was born December 7, 2015. 2 great grandsons, born to brothers. They were our first 2 grandsons. Of course we have many more and I think 5 great granddaughters, can't keep up. lol The 2 great-grandsons were special them being our first and born to our first 2 grandsons. Brothers at that. This probably makes no sense to anybody else, but they made my heart happy!!

Little Jonah lives in Chicago and I know not when I'll ever get to see him, but his mommie and daddy talks with me and sends me pictures on FaceTime. I'll take what I can get.

Jeannie, you are very special with all that work you do. I long for the days when I could do all those things. I have used my power chair twice. It's very hard to find alse wide enough to get around in. I was in my wheel chair yesterday after a DR. visit, shopping in Wal-Mart. I hate that store!! I was talking up a blue streak to some strange man, thinking I was talking to Ken!!!! The man was just talking right back to me and I looked up, face to face and realized it was a stranger. lol We were both looking for peppermint canes and could only find those awful flavored ones. Well, may as well laugh, better than crying. I do get depressed because I am so limited with getting about, but it could always be worse and I am thankful for what I do have.

Times up, but I'll be back. I love all of you and hope you are enjoying the holidays.

Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

12. The following user says "thanks"

vacant forum

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Clouds--don't you wish we all talked more?
    Wanna' hear about me?
    I had a big personal move this week ... My doctor gave me a handicapped permit for my car and I was due for a new plate in Feb. so I just got it yesterday. Whew -- that feel funny. Very convenient but doesn't help the pain one bit.

16. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Well this forum is no longer empty, eh? lol Thanks jingle, I like to hear from you. You have very interesting things to say. Talk some more. Clouds Z, as always I am glad to hear from you. Don't you dare color me "EMPTY"!! I
    m still here. Can't come too often but I'm still here. I had Ken put my computer away in the cabinet so I could close it up for Christmas. Try to keep all those nosy grand's out of my stuff but they still manage. It took Ken longer to open the cabinet back up and set everything back like it needed to be. His computer has been trying to die and he has spent most of his time working on his.

I hope all had good holidays and a good start on 2016!! We are still having very warm weather. Christmas day Ken had to turn the A/C on it was so hot. I saw on the weather channel where some of you got some snow. We haven't had snow and I really hope we don't get any. I'm ready for spring to get here. I still have flowers blooming. Very strange weather.

OK, it is time for everybody to check in with news for this year. We can't let our home away from home go away. I have pictures of 2 great grandsons and would love to post them. Maybe I'll figure it out one of these days.

Take care everybody, don't get sicker than you already are. I still love everyone of you.

Julia

for my brother Ben

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hi Jo6/Julia - hi everyone :) It's COLD here and will be even colder tomorrow. I sure don't like cold! I'm off to town in a few minutes - finally getting a haircut.
    Because my lower back is in such bad shape my doctor (that I like, trust and respect) gave me Tizanidine -- a muscle relaxant -- to take as needed. I'm hurting so much I am afraid to take that medication. Make any sense? An ice pack seems to help.

Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 82833343536373839404142434868 ... LastLast