Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 193944454647484950515253545979 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

well, the final leaf has fallen from my maple tree this year and it's almost mid-november. the colors weren't spectacular, but the leaves were on the tree for a long time. i have 3 huge piles of leaves in my yard. tomorrow my pookie and i will get the leaf shredder going and reduce those leaves to bits ! there is a layer of soggy leaves on the bottom and i will not let those go through the shredder as they will clog it up. i put the leaves from my garden in paper bags to be picked up because i throw weeds in with the leaves and i do not want to reduce weeds to bits and then use that batch for mulch because the weeds seeds will sprout in the warmth and spread through my garden again.

i cleaned out a good chuck of my basement and now i have room to move around and do a project. my pookie made a potting plant stand for his house, but he is selling the house and getting rid of it. i love it. i want to eventually get some grow lights and grow plants from seedlings in the winter and plant them in the spring.

so, i have roughly 2 weeks to clean up the main floor of the house for thanksgiving. i'll get the worst parts done and then work a little more on it for christmas.

i am having some dental work done. i am a little vain, but to me a smile is important. when i fell down and split the area between my nose and my lips after i hit the hard edge of an ottoman, i felt and saw my teeth move back every so slightly. it wasn't bad, but now it definitely shows that 3 teeth are slanting back behind my other teeth. i was thinking about braces, but my dentist devised a simpler and less expensive plan. so i am doing that with no regrets, i will not have my front teeth moved back and not want to smile.

i hope y'all are doing as well as you can be. hope to see more posting here!

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 11-10-2016 at 10:14 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

nothing new really
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

4. The following user says "thanks"

http://freevirtualkeyboard.com/ i cant type fast anyway and with just mouse easier in ways --they come in other languages
    Last edited by clouds z; 11-14-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

6. The following user says "thanks"

8. The following user says "thanks"

I just need to vent so just ignore me. I had brain surgery on Thursday, November 10th. My family meaning sister and friends just don't seem to really care that I went through this. Sure it wasn't open surgery but heck it still was surgery. No one seems to just acknownledge that I went through it. My husband isn't really any better. I'm still expected to take care of the puppy, clean the house, do the dishes and do laundry. IT"S ONLY BEEN FOUR DAYS since I got out of the hospital.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much and just suck it up. Put the big girl pants on. But I'm tired. My oldest has yet to call me and ask how I am. She called the night of the surgery but that was it. The only one who seems to get it is my youngest. She has called and came to the hospital to see how I am holding out. I don't think that I'm a uncaring person. It seems that I'm always looking out for everyone else.

Could be that this is the seventh surgery and people are just tired of it. Well I'm tired of it also. I'm the one who loses a blad spot of hair everytime.

Sorry just had to say it to someone. My depression isn't helping the situration. I'm glad I have the puppy because he makes me get up and take care of him otherwise I would just crawal under the covers and not surface for a while.
    Take care,
    Dawn

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

((( Dawn ))) My heart aches for you..... I certainly understand what you're saying and feeling. I had a brain tumor - oligodendroglioma - and had two surgeries so I understand that you're having a rough time. I was completely alone, in pain and scared.
    Just about the only uplifting (?) thing I can say is -- I made it! I will be praying that you do too.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

((((((dawn)))))), your first responsibility is to take care of yourself. if you can't do something, say so!

yes, women are always expected to rebound from sickness right quick because it seems everyone forgets how to cook or turn on the washing machine. it takes prolly a whole week before all that anesthesia gets out of your system. it can cause you to be tired, cranky and even more depressed. i'm glad your youngest daughter seems to understand.

i had major surgery (unexpected) in 2012 and it took me a week before i was out of pain and could walk. i had to sleep in a chair, also. my youngest daughter took off a week from work (she got family leave to take care of a family member, her mom!), to help me and take care of the dogs and the house. i certainly appreciated that. she works for the government and they have pretty good benefits for stuff like that.

of course kids always think mom is there to take care of them, but sometimes they forget mom needs some help sometimes. just take care of yourself and the puppy and if you can't do the dishes or wash or cook, screw it! tell hubby you still aren't up to par and have him bring home take-out or cook.

i hope you feel better soon, dawn!

jingle...i'm sorry you had to go through your surgeries alone. it's hard even when you have people to talk to because you are scared. at least i was scared when i had to have surgery. even though i talked about my fears, you still know that something could always go wrong. i'm glad you survived your surgeries and i hope your problem has been resolved. maybe you have a friend that you can ask for emotional support if you're ever in the hospital again?

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 11-16-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

13. The following user says "thanks"

Dawn oh my dear take good care of yourself first! We are given onlY one body to live in and if it has to be mended with bits & parts it doesn't hold up. As well!And I satin our brain is the most needed part. I am sorry some loved ones don' t seem as if it is important but I wonder if that is because deep down they are really scared how you are doing. I have always thought you were a very carinng person and I hope you get much better & stay better. Drafted depression I hope that goes first. Take care Hugs to you

15. The following user says "thanks"

Community Member

Hi all - I'm still here and finally remembered my login info lol! I have a lot of reading to do to see what everyone's up to. Hoping to get caught up soon and actually come back and post more often. I miss daily check-ins - they really help.

Love,
    Sly

17. The following user says "thanks"

Community Member

Dawn,
    I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Seems like you're not getting much of a break at all when you need it. As we all say, please vent away!! Do you think you'll be able to get some rest soon? Hope so - sending lots of prayers your way. (((((Dawn)))))
    Last edited by sly4626; 11-20-2016 at 10:22 PM.

19. The following user says "thanks"

Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 193944454647484950515253545979 ... LastLast