Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 264666717273747576

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dawn it is great to hear from you. Congratulations on the grandbabies. Yes you guys were here for my entire pregnancy with Jared and most of Brandon's life. Wow I have been here for almost 20 years. Kripes have we been here that long? I feel like that is a long time lol.

Jingle your life sounds so warm, cozy and peaceful to me. I long to be alone and have peace and quiet. If I get lonely I can just go some where but my home would be invite only LOLOL. I have been cooking more lately. Miss baking. Will be making a peach upside down cake soon. One of my favorites. My mom and my grandma use to make me one for the holidays, birthdays etc.

Jeannie I hope you are getting to take advantage of this beautiful spring weather we have been getting. No telling how long it will last. I hope the wacky weather doesn't bother poor Nora's old bones.

Clouds are you there? We haven't heard from you in a while I hope you are well. what has your weather been like? Have you been getting funky weather too?

My yard is slowly getting done thanks to Brandon. He has been weed whacking and moving the big stuff, he put the new starter on my mower, yay!!, and got the new tires on their rims now we just need to get them aired up and it will be ready to go. I know who could air them up but I hate asking the neighbors for favors. He already mowed my lawn, though I did pay him. I have gotten a large chunk of the main yard weed whacked. Whacked all morning into the afternoon. Going to try to start putting fencing stuff in place. Lay line and such should be relatively easy. Quite frankly I am doing this fence thing by the seat of my pants because I have no clue what I am doing, never done it before and it involves math. Watched lots of YouTube videos so I believe I can do this.

I have three things going at once, the basement cleaning and purging, my catio, my fence, my yard and the garage, wait that's five.....okay par for the course I don't math.

CJ came today to work on my car. Something gave out that allows the transmission to switch gears and I can't think of what the heck it is called right now. Brain fog. Constant. Wait I got it the torque converter. It is a big hassle to replace because the motor has to be lifted so all this other stuff has to be unhooked.

My skin picking or excoriation is slowing down. My back is covered in scars. They are humiliating when I go to the doc office. It is one of the reasons I haven't had a mammogram done yet. I am waiting for most of the sores to go away. The scarring is bad enough. I have not mentioned it to my psych and only mentioned it in passing to my therapist. Jared's therapist asked me if I bathe when I told her about it, I guess that is one of the symptoms, I told her yes because I was in front of Jared so she just bypassed the whole thing and moved on. I have considered wearing gloves, I have some of my grandmother's lady's gloves in storage. I had to do that when I went to bed and had my hair twirling phase, would wake me up twirling my hair bunch of times at night. Wore the gloves and it went away. Went through my teeth grinding phase and had to wear a mouth piece. Got over that but this excoriation started when my mom was dying in 2010 and it did go away for a short time then when we got Belladonna as a kitten and she was a people climber and left little itchy hives wherever her nails dug in that I started picking at and it all started again. Kripes that was Oct. 2017. While I am doing it I am usually in a daze and thinking but at the same time a little voice in my head screams at me to stop. Voice is getting stronger.

My catio is coming along wonderfully, the cats are loving it and Bella tries to escape every chance she gets so we are vigilant when we go outside. I have a lock for both sides of the screen door lol. May feral has even been braving it this morning.

I have been going through things and purging, I am going to sell all the good stuff as a lot to try to make some money off of this stuff. I almost have enough stuff to have a yard sale lol.

Think I will work on garage today. I can set up for crate fostering out there while it is still nice so it gives me a bit of incentive. If I get it nice and clean like it use to be I can park in the dang thing though I will have to replace.......crap brain fog again......the spring that helps lift the door. One side is broke so it has to be lifted while it is opening at the same time. One to push the button and one to lift the door.

I have an aversion to doing dishes. It stems from being twelve and having to take care of my brothers and do chores while my mom worked. My mom liked to cook so when we started finally getting food in the house she would make large meals. I was responsible for doing dishes. I hated it. Almost to the point of an OCD kind of thing. Then I "developed an allergy" to Palmolive dishsoap which was my mom's favorite. That didn't work. Wearing rubber gloves worked a little. I don't know how many times I got grounded for not doing them like I was supposed to. Got grounded one time and my best friend lived next door to me, the back of her house faced the side of my house. While she was next door her house was actually facing around the corner, for property border someone had put up a rope going from post to post so since I was grounded and couldn't go to her house I took our picnic table and put one side on her property and one side on ours while my mom was at work and we sat there and BS'ed the day away. Mom pulls into the driveway and there we are, she was not happy and pointed out that I was grounded to which I pointed out that I had not left the yard. I know she prollly wanted to smack me upside my head but she couldn't argue the fact so heavy sigh, goes in house and we continued our playing. I think she was tired that day cause I didn't even get a tongue lashing lolol.

Anyway all this is leading up to the fact that I have way too many dishes for just three people and I am sick of being the only one who loads the dishwasher, the only one who can do it right anyway, so we are cutting back to bare necessities. We each get our set of dishes and are responsible for the cleaning of them. Our silverware, cups, everything is going. Some in storage and some away and I get a break. Going to start on that today with the first load outta the dishwasher.

Okay gone on way too long, sorry, miss everybody. Glad to see posts here.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

What a treat to see so many replies. I just happened to try logging in on my phone & surprise it worked. So happy to read something from each of you. And I love reading anyone replies that can go outside and do ANYTHING. I can if yard is not to wet or etc as I cannot walk in grass. My neuropathy is severe & last visit I was told not to rely on a cane anymore. I have a 4 wheeler roller that I can use on a very limited time. I usually keep my wheelchair in vehicle & do use it outside just to see hubby flowers. Having a bad memory day so lack of correct word will say old fashioned name my mother called them. Snowballs. I always thought how silly pink & blue snowballs. Funny how. Much more u can understand u age yourself. Lol. Welltiny phone buttons & stiff fingers say time for goodbyes to all. Take care. From joy

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Joy great to see you as usual. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. You would not fare well in my yard as it is super bumpy. I need to have it gone over a few times with one of those rollers. I come so close to tripping on the bumps and actually do better barefoot than with shoes. Do you no longer have a working computer? Or laptop? I can't imagine having to use my phone. It takes me forever to send a text because I can't type very well on the dang thing. I downloaded an app onto my phone where it changes voice to text so I can just say my message and send it. I was at Jared's graduation waiting for it to start and I started to use my voice text in an auditorium full of people and was having difficulties and my oldest looks at me and says 'mom can't you just text like normal people?' LOL I hadn't even thought about the people being able to hear me. I am still figuring things out and I have had it since last November.

Ran from nine a.m. until 8:30 last night trying to squeeze in everything I needed to do since I was using CJ's car. 3 food banks, pet food donation pickup, cj from his house to drop him off at work, back to house for dogs, to vet, Jared to ER clinic for this really weird cough that he has, back to pick up CJ then home to make dinner and feed the herd. I could barely walk by then and had spent so much time in the car that it still felt like it was running when I was sitting with it shut off at the end of the day. I could feel it in my butt lolol. Got a lot done. First half of day was going good then I almost ran over a squirrel, missed but the person from the other direction didn't. I so wanted to go back but I was on my way to pick up CJ and couldn't be late. I cried like a baby. All I could think about was going back and seeing how bad he was hurt and how much I hate people. Which of course made me cry harder about all the stupid useless quasi humans out there and maybe the planet needs a good wiping off. The feeling when it happened was so visceral that I was trying to drive and not curl up in a ball at the same time. Sometimes I think I am not equipped mentally and emotionally to deal with life but I have gotten this far.

My Thornberry bushes are in glorious scented bloom. They need thinning and cleaning out, I have stuff growing up in them that needs to be cut out. The neighbors don't weed wack so the other side of the hedge is a horrible mess I am going to have to get something to sit on and go along it and attempt to cut a bunch of stuff out. My mower is almost ready thank God. Have a tire that needs to be aired up and put back on. My Lilac bush did not bloom very much or very long. I have learned that the weather has a big impact on how well it does. I need to go out to my mother's weeping willow. I can see from the house that a huge chunk of bark has peeled away from the bottom of it. Now it looks like some of the branches are sparse. I dread going out there and when I do get out there I don't think to check it out so i need to go out there specifically for that.

So much I want to do today but know that I won't be able to. Have things that need to be done but I will get to that in my own sweet time. Pain is pretty bad. may have to spend the day recovering.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

More rain is happening here. I don't plan on leaving the house -- I hope I can force myself to do some cleaning and sorting. I'm certainly not good at such stuff but I hope I can force myself to try.
    Maybe I can try to make some cookies ... maybe I can try to shell some more pecans from the piles I have.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all !

well, it's raining all day today. mostly a medium drizzle, so i'm not doing anything outside today.

been busting my butt of the last couple days. mowed the back and front weedy lawss, dug up 2 sedum plants and moved them to different spots. i also dug up my beautiful wisteria vine because i am putting up a little arbor in my backyard, about 5 feet wide by 30 inches deep and about 7 feet high. i want to train the wisteria around the arbor so it has room to grow. i had it in the front of the house and it was growing around a 5 ft. high black iron tripod looking structure. it wasn't growing fast because it was too shady there, but growing fast enough to start being a problem if i didn't dig it up this year.

i trimmed my forsythia and trimmed my weigela, which i am also moving soon. also trimmed my purple sand leaf cherry from some stray bottom branches that poked me when i went to get water from the faucet in the back yard. of course, i had to cut up and bag all these branches plus the couple piles of weeds i had around the yard because i am always pulling up weeds and throwing them in a pile. today was yard waste pick-up day, so that's why i had to get those bagged right quick. i also had to weed the area where i am putting the arbor and amend the soil with peat moss, sand and composted manure so the plants i put on either side of the arbor will grow nicely (the wisteria vine and a rose bush).

usually i feel mildly tired after a day's work in the yard, but yesterday i felt just bone tired and achy. i had gone to zumba on monday, too, so kind of glad i can stay in today

i read about your home repairs, jingle. i don't know how big of an air-conditioner you have, but once it starts losing freon (the gas that cools the air), you're going to need a new one. i would have chucked the old one and put the almost $300 towards a new one, but i don't know your situation, so that might have been your preferred solution. the plumber is being nice. he's charging you for a service call unless something is really wrong. i hope not. plumbing repairs are expensive.

well, gonna fold more clothes and think about dinner. hey joy, dawn, chris, clouds and all the rest who post here. still tired and can't remember all names.

thank you for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 06-20-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

9. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hey Jeannie -- it's good to hear from you. Maybe, just maybe, I was forced into these repairs so I wouldn't spend $$ on a silly item I've been eyeing on ebay. If we lived closer you could help me grow something :) What I miss most is (are?) tomatoes. In the last place I lived I had a remarkable garden and all the tomatoes I wanted. Boy. I miss those.

The forecast rain didn't come -- we had a small bit in the middle of the night. So, we have another forecast for a bad storm in the morning - more rain.

Christine -- I hope your pain is letting go. I hope you can take it easy.

11. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

i would have a bad time in anyones' yard as i can nr manag to walk very far withouy stepping on my own foot with my other foot,ytue, lol. sorry today ia m letting the istakes go. hope you all can make out whata i am trying to say. yes i do still have a computer but as i do nt use it often because it is a long way down the hall and i usually have my phone with me in cse i fall, i tend to just try and reade how things are going on my phone.. safer in my chair. i hope that you all can stay active i know when it gets hard to go outside and putter in your yard flower bed etc it will be hard for all of you. i still hate having to be nside so much. i go with huibby to our farm once in awhile and i would dearly love to live back out ther. there is a large pond with fish, birds ducks deer and all sorts of interesting things to just sit and quietly look at. we have an acre our house s on and this year i have tried to have hubby put out hummingbird food and bird seed..we have the fattest squirrels here and even a fe bunnies. in the edge of town since we were annexed years ago. our former farm land is only about 5 miles further ut but it is more populated where we live. but i know i am fortunate so i should quite complaining. but i do miss my childhood home place. i hope you can continue doing your utside work Jeannie,well all of you. i DO live through your psts and daydream, LOL. so glad to see all who still post here n this forum. you have been a part of my life for a very long timeand my hopes are that this will be true for many more years to follow. and lve to hear about your kids and grandkids too. my oldest granddaughter (19) is n her way to another rodeo with nly her horse and her dog tonihjt. i hate for her to travel so far by herself but she has just clled and asked if i will answer my phone to talk to her on her way ome. gladly but will also be praying for a safe trip for her as well. cannot imagine driving a truck and pulling a horse trailer sp far by myself. she had a friend not to long ao who was in an accident, not her fault and her horse did not fair very well at all. these are notalways a cheap horse either and if their horse is injured they cnnot participae and there goes chance f winning any mney right there. lol remember when iwasalways talking bout my "mule".. my ATV with 4 wheels? well it still runs and yes i do drive it some but my muscles (evrywhere) are just about non existent now that osteoarthritis, neuropathy and everythingelse has gotten so bad. but my 14 year old son loves to drive me around when he is over. i always need all the muscle relaxors i am allowed on those days but it is so worth it. just wish they did not have to be so stingy with the pain pills so other idiots do not over on theirself,or whatevr their reasoning s. sour grpes i know but my medictions are the only things that allow me to have any sort of move,ent or life so to put t bluntly. but hey the sun is shining so not all is lost. still ive sunny warm, even hot daays as pain is not as bad thse dys. hope everyone has a great holiday on the forth of July. with family, friends pets whatever. take are all my forum family. from joy

13. The following user says "thanks"

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 264666717273747576