Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 153540414243444546474849505575 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

turmeric is good for illness make tea with it and add cream
    Last edited by clouds z; 06-24-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

"Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Today is my birthday.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

happy birthday (((jingle))) ,

saw this early saturday and wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday. i hope you had a pleasant day. maybe did something you liked, maybe saw a friend or relative.

i never had a birthday party when i was growing up. my birthday is at the end of october and it was always too cold to do something outside. my mom worked and birthday celebrations were low on her list.

when my kids were growing up, i always asked them what kind of cake they wanted for their birthday and then i made that for them. they all had a birthday party, even if it was just family. it was usually around their 10th birthday that they wanted a party with friends. my middle daughter had 2 birthdays outside because her birthday was at the end of june, just a few days ago. my son's birthday was in january, we usually went to check e. cheese, a fun place to celebrate in the 80's. my youngest daughter. born around mid-october, had friends over that she really liked for a sleepover. she's introverted and really didn't like parties. after age 10, they all just wanted a friend or two to spend the day with, their besties.

my girlfriends all take me out separately for a birthday lunch. so, i get three celebrations. i really don't like parties, either. i don't like the fuss made over me, i feel uncomfortable. i pretty much celebrate life daily, thankful i am healthy and that i woke up in the morning.

so, whatever you think is important is what i hope you did or got. and i sincerely hope you had a nice birthday, .

thank you for sharing,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 07-01-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Thank you Jeannie :) I did not have any sort of celebration and at this age ~ I turned 72 ~ I think just the sunrise was something to celebrate. A dear, kind, pair of loving friends did come to my house bearing Dairy Queen treats. For me they had a giant banana split.
    As a child I never had any sort of celebration. For 37 years of marriage there was never a celebration or even a present.

Quote Originally Posted by jingle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today is my birthday.

happy birthday 12 days late

Thank you, clouds! How old are you? I know, I know, it's not any of my business, but .....................
    It sure is hard for me to know that I'm 72. Gee whiz, that sounds OLD but it just can't be ME.

Happy Belated Birthday to jingle. That's the same day as my niece and newphew.

The Mediterranean cruise was awesome. I have never seen water so blue in my life. Every country we went to we were very welcomed. No lauganue problems at all. I would do this trip over in a heart beat. We to three cities in Italy, mongnegro, Kotor, three cities in greece, two cities in Turkey and spain. I know there's more but I just can't think of them right now. Santorini was beautiful. Turkey the people were great. Very clean cities.

Where is everyone???? Please check in so we know that you are all right. Eight days since anyone has checked in.
    Take care,
    Dawn

10. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

hello dear friends. Clouds z , thank you for the thoughts. It is amazing how much just "I'm thinking about you and prayers" means to a broken heart. All of your love and wishes have meant so much to me. I got to see my grandsons little boy Friday. He just turned 1 years old... He looks just like his dad----------

Its good to hear from all of you. Happy Birthday Jingle. Why you are still a baby at 72 lol I will be 74 on Oct. 3 . Now I am older than dirt!! I can not believe we are all getting so young. Jeannie I haven't heard from you forever. Have you and Pookie gone to FL yet?
    Joy, why have you been in the hospital? Been meaning to call you. I'll have to hunt up your #. I hope you are getting better. Dawn, a new granddaughter and all those wonderful trips, you are so lucky!! I'm glad for you.

If I missed anybody I'm sorry. I think oof all of you and missed you. I'll try to get back here soon. I need to get out and stop being a hermit. everybody stay well and happy. I love all of you. Julia

Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Hi everyone :) ..... Here all is going well. A neighbor, my best friend and another best friend all gave me wonderful tomatoes yesterday. I feel RICH.

Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 153540414243444546474849505575 ... LastLast