Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930355575 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well I am still here somewhat. sticking to myself these days. neglecting myself and my house. winter has been a bitch here. not a whole lot of snow but bitterly cold and windy. finally a break last week and we are supposed hit 70 today. went out in the yard and picked up garbage buried by the snow.

cj is still here though we are broke up. he is helping out til bills are taken care of and I have a vehicle. I have fallen out of love with him so things arent as hard as they were and we get along for the most part. shoot there is more but my son and his girl are here. Okay figured I'd just hit the edit button. anyway I also still have a half finished bathroom that he wants to tear out again and redo...sigh...seems like there is always something. He helped me save the house from foreclosure for taxes. I have me a written budget for when he is gone so I think we will be okay without him. Kripes I might lose some weight.

Shortcake is doing horriblly in school. I am at a loss. we put him in a higher level home learning program last year. Program director thinks he's genius but is too lazy to do homerk. almost like it is beneath him. It bores him. He tells me everyday school was good no homework today. His encopresis has gotten horrible and he was missing a lot of school. the school has medical documentation but it doesnt help if he misses and cant keep up. we have made some plans to see if we can keep him comfortable. feeding him earier in the evening and nothing spicy. he often wakes to a messy bed and my heart aches for him.

B is still with J but all five of them are living with his grandmother who has difficulty being a pleasant human being. Neither can find jobs but not for not trying. Seems almost all the businesses have applications online and will barely speak to you if you 'drop in'. At least they have a car.

I will never be able to catch up with all that has happened here thoough I did read a few more recent posts. my keyboard is getting all wonky. bluetooth for my ipadd. i miss being here and all of yous and send out well wishes to all. maybe I wont wait so long next time.
    Last edited by houghchrst; 03-16-2015 at 01:05 PM.

2. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member

watching some movie called "emperor of the north pole" i think
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

4. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

i dont like facebook
    Last edited by clouds z; 03-17-2015 at 09:22 AM.
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

6. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Blog Entries

Cloudz I don't blame you. I have an account but rarely use it. Too much drama. like the funnies though.

image.jpg This is the quilt I was supposed to work on for my mom before she pased. Didnt have the heart afterwards. each yoyo came from something my gradmother either once wore or fabric she liked and bought and I inherited. You cant tell but eventually all of the green will make big to small squares. I am slowly working on it.

Jo I am glad you are getting a rolly chair, that's what we always called them. Almost wish I had one but Ill be damned if im going to let my feet and body take me to the ground without a fight. You've put in plenty fight sweet Jo, you may find you can do more than you thought you could. I have managed to get outside even thugh it's only been in the 40s and 50s, thats warm here. Need to check my jonquils now that all the snow is gone.

Jeannie I love your picture. I am so glad you have found someone. I think I am done when cj leaves. statistically ( that doesnt look righ lol) I have a better chance of crashing in a plane than finding another life mate. Besides I like being alone but would miss the affection.

image.jpgThese are my sweet boys. Dash is our bad boy but our Brody in the back is a good boy and very mellow. Dont know if ya'll ever seen them before. I never knew what i was getting myself into with the daschund. I spoiled him and he's obnoxious and a spaz. his name fits him perfectly. That's their blanky for when I am sewing. They don't know what to do with themselves if I am in another room so we have beds and blankies all over it seems.

I kind of feel like I owe you guys an apology. Being here and fighting so hard to get others to come then leaving so abruptly. I pretty much felt like nobody would really miss me anyway, then shutting myself off from others. So I am sorry for pretty much abandoning the site and you all.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

((((hugs))))chris !

welcome back....you HAVE been missed!

love the quilt and i'm glad you are back to getting this finished. love the doggies!

now chris, you are younger than i am! i thought i wouldn't find anyone else, either. gave myself the cliched speech of "it only takes one. it only takes the right guy"... and there's a reason cliches are cliches, it's because they have a grain of truth in them. i am having having a slightly hard time adjusting to being with another person. when you're alone, you can put up with your own chit and i've been doing that almost 3 years. adding a new person to that takes a lot of communication and forgiving and compromise; ad infinitum, ad nauseum. i was happy alone except for the affection, too. thought about the "friend with benefits" thingie, but realize i can't emotionally do that. yet i am still gun shy of giving my heart again. so, i do it one day at a time, what i've been preaching for years here and now see it applies to me, too !

will write more later...but saw you here and wanted to say you have been missed and i'm happy top see you back.

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

10. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Blog Entries

I should be getting ready for church but i've been once since Sept. I loved going and the teachings always seemed to be for me, cried most of the time when I first started. I think it is the hug fest that starts out the service. I get it, some of those people don't havve any one to touch them. I am iffy about being touched but after a few sundays I get back into it. I seem incapable of finishing something once I start. What is that, is therre name for that. procrastination? I do put it off but once I start something I am quick to move on. I am not ADD. Lazy I think is the word lolol.

If I am going to continue to use my BT keyboard i will have to cut my nails lol, too many mistakes. they started growing really good over the winter. Get out in that dirt and working on the yard will take care of that.
    Was goiong to do that today but of course it's the colder day of the week. Getting lots of geese coming in, they take overr the pond. Snows gone so the dogs have been back there in the mud and weeds already.

Okay guess i'll shut up and work on my sewing. See yous round the playground.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

it is so very good to see all of you who have posted. you especially christi8na as i8 ad not heard how you wer4e coping with things, knowing hw ard it couold be. glad your boys are okay or as well as can be expected. your young one reminds me of my 10 year oold grandson. his world is totally different than most boys but i do believe if he can just tget through school, he will be o0kay. i'd love to see how that kids' mind works, lol. granddaughter is on spring break with my
    SON and their son (that same boy) at 15 and 10 they stillo gwet along prettygoo0d and i think i may finally be getting my family back to at least being able to all be in same room. it would be nice.

I wish Pati wouold pop up, i amworried about her. I am having dang health issues again this yea and scaryier than last year. so i am no0t on computer a lot, that way i am not always searching for things i might be happier off not knowing, lol. gosh i have forgot her name but the lady with the beautiful daughter has not be here in some time either. her avatar is precious baby picture. name will come to me as soon as i lot off.

well i certainly am glad i have a cat for company her bob tail is so cute, she twitches it a lot stretching up with her 2 front paws on outside window door looking out. she is a loving kitty.

christina i would luike to ask you a question about mmj, thopugh it is still illegal here. i am having a horrible time breating and i wonder if that might help. this is as bad or worse than when i had those 2 blood clots in my lungs. that and the other problems that have cropped up ikeeping me wondering if everything is going to faiol me at same time and soon. well take careall and so glad to see you online at least.

14. The following user says "thanks"

Jo6

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Christina, I want to tell you I am one of many that have missed you very much!!!! When I got your Christmas card to "Big Queenie" my heart did some extra dancing. Took awhile to calm my self down! lol I am glad some things are doing better for you and pray things will continue to stay on the up-swing.

I thought of you so much, worrying about the "kids" wanting to go see about them, but not knowing exactly where they were. My son that lives near your son when he was in Ga. is doing good, his 2 little girls are happy, they get to stay a lot with their daddy. That makes Granny happy. Now I can pray they all will continue to grow in all good things. lil queenie, I have faith that you will find much happiness and it will come soon.

Jeannie, I understand the getting used to having someone else to be around all the time. nothing wrong with it, but it took a bit of getting used to when Ken and I got together. As much as I love him I had begun to enjoy my freedom, but it has worked out well. He is still working like a dog taking care of me. Sometimes I would like for him to give me a little space and I would be more than happy to give him some. He did buy himself a new truck Monday.. that made me very happy. He is getting steps on each side I can get in it. I'm still not allowed to drive. That has been hard, but it could be worse.

Joy, you get better soon. I want to hear about the new pet and the 15 year old granddaughter!! That is hard for me to take that in. You know kids, most of us has been around hear forever and I feel like you all are family. Well, love all of you. Joy, did you mean LaBella ? She posted not too long ago. I still miss her. Then Sly posted a short note, but hope she will post more soon.

I'm glad clouds post and Mel L post when he can get out. I miss him too. I was reading in the Memorial Garden recently and saw several people we all knew and missed. I guess the last one was deWollf. He wa a fine fellow just as Bob Snodgrass was.

I've stayed up too long and my eyes are closing. I'll be back soon and hope to see all of you tooo......

I love you all, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Glad your back Christine. You've been missed.

My daughter might have a c section so I will most likey miss the birth of my granddaughter. She will have it one week early. The little bugger is not turning. I'm hoping that she will and my daughter will have her when I get there. Oh well, I'll still get to hold her.

Joy sorry to hear that you are having a rough year.

Christine, love the quilt and your dogs. I really have been missing having a pet. We travel too much right now to have one. I wouldn't want the pet to spend all it's time in a kennel somewhere. I'm sure once we retire I'll beable to have a dog. I want a goldendoddle right now. Love the mixture. They cost a lot of money and I don't think husband will pay that much for an animal.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Christine, I didn't know what encopresis was so I looked it up. I think that was what my daughter had when she was younger. Now I feel really horrible for all the times I yelled at her for holding it but I didn't know and we never took her to the doctors for it either.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930355575 ... LastLast