Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819244464 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member

I have recently read some messages about people dying peacefully. Which reminded me that it is worth while to be living peacefully, in their time, during their active days.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

i agree with you mal. living peacefully gives you less stress in life and reminds you to try and understand where all people are coming from....that they are human beings with their own journeys to travel.

my daughter's surgery went fine today. she went in 3 hours later than scheduled, so i've been at the hospital from 10am to 800pm. her nodule is NOT cancerous, thank you God and thank you all for your prayers! the first thing she asked for is a whole pot of coffee because she is addicted to her daily coffee. my ex-hubby and i were both tea drinkers all our lives and we have 3 children that all drink coffee. that is how weirdly genetics works. now if only my daughter's motorcycle could be gotten rid of as easily as the nodule....

i will rest tomorrow, play with the dogs and do last minute stuff for my mom's visitation at the funeral home on thursday and her funeral service on friday. please pray that i get through those 2 difficult days.

thank you for sharing and caring ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 08-05-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Jeannie dear, I'm so thankful your daughter got thru her surgery and everything was fine.

My thoughts and prayers are with you the next 2 days. You are a very strong lady, you know! You did what had to be done, you pressed on when it was almost too much to bare, but you did make it and I'm so very proud of you!

Please remember we are still here for you and will always be here for you. I send all my love to you, dear one.

Your big sister, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

im sorry shes gone
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

im so tired a lot -just feel like sleeping i guess
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

thank you clouds .

still doing stuff that has to be done after a funeral...social security notification, writing cards, etc. brother can't help with that, he works and my sister is drinking her sorrow and responsibility away.

so, i do it. my stomach feels twisty...don't know if it's stress or something else. seeing my doctor next week. not much appetite, either.

thanks for listening,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jeannie, glad everything with your daughter turned out. Please take care of yourself.
    Take care,
    Dawn

youre in detriot ?whats that like?

hey everyone. I hope this finds all doing ok. I hope if not doing great at least everyone is hanging in there. my computer works part time, lol so I do not sit and try to log on - if it works great, I try and get to braintalk. but if it is contrary, I just look at email and log off.

Jeannie I hope things are getting to a normal place for you now. I was so surprised after my own mother passed away so quickly (had a broken hip) and I would have thought I would think, she is out of pain, etc and move on. but it was not that easy and truthfully even now I don't think I ever will have normal dfays again.

but busy one do help my mind but hurt me back and hip, lol. at my age you just don't get it all seems like.

I am to have surgery in the coming month. I already had some simple one done but this is gonna be bigger than anything I have hasd done. so no worries if I do not get back here quickly. hubby will let you know if it goes bad. just can't count on him if it goes ok. I no longer have a lasptop so noworries now.

my favorite time of the year is coming up, fall. I love the fall best of all. so the time is laid back and relaxing to me. hope everyone is okay and take care of yourselves please.

Joy I hope your surgery goes well. prayers sent your way.

Not much happening. I'm looking forward to fall but not what comes after that.

I am going to become a grandma for the first time. still early but I'm pretty sure that it's real. I Can't wait. You are the first people I have told. I was told it was too early yet to tell people. The only thing that upsets me is that they live so far away. eighteen hours drive time. I will Skype so the baby gets use to me. My grandparents lived far away from us also and I never really knew them. It was just strangers coming and staying with us one in a while. I really don't want to have that.

I hope with fall coming that more people will check in often.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819244464 ... LastLast