Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314193959 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Clouds, I don't have cable TV. I'm not a big TV fan. Just don't think I should have to pay for TV.

The big day is almost here for the wedding. The second has been a breeze. She only wanted family there. There will be her aunts, uncles and cousins. She will have some friends also. Everything seems to be done and all the vendors have checked in. Can't wait. This will be my last one to get married. Sorta sad and happy at the same time.

It's like when she went off to school. She was my last one to leave the nest. I cried.

All we've had is rain here. Lots of it. I hope everyone is safe and dry. Some places are really getting hit hard. My prayers go out to them.
    Take care,
    Dawn

I have cable. It's expensive, but I never go out to movies, and I'm always home by myself. It keeps me occupied, when I don't read...it's company, too.

I like to watch the cooking channels, and other channels that you can't get on network.

[B]The wedding was this last Saturday for my youngest daughter. She wrote their vows and it was beautiful done. The flowers were glorious. The lady who did the flowers for my other daughter did these also. She does such a great job. The flowers had butterflies in them. The tables had orchids with butterflies in a bowl. [

I can't wait for the pictures to be done. The only thing that was disappointment was the food. The steak was over done and the fish wasn't anything great I guess. My chicken was really tastily. Most of the people came back to our house after dinner. We must of had fifty people in the house.

It didn't go that late. Maybe 10:30 people started to leave. Which was good because I was wiped out. It was a long day with getting my hair done in the morning. We choose to pick up the cake and cupcakes. We than had to go to the restaurant and set everything up. The flower lady did the table decorations so we didn't have to set that up.

Now that the excitement of the wedding is done my depression is starting to kick in. My oldest left on Sunday so I don't know when I'll see her again. She finally got a job in Montana. She will be working at a vet.

Well I'll stop now this is getting pretty long. I don't want to bore anyone too much. lol

Oh I start my volunteer job at the DNR on Wednesday. Hopefully, I don't get fired from this one. lol I give up if I do.
    /B]
    Take care,
    Dawn

ive had a cold for weeks-i think emotions stress do this
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

how long can this forum last with few coming?

just move to yuku?yahoo groups?is there a backup here?
    Last edited by clouds z; 05-08-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

i guess a lot of people are sick or dealing with other stuff, clouds.

my mom broke her hip a little over 3 weeks ago. she is on good pain meds and is relatively pain free. she can be woken up to eat and if i come into the room she will open her eyes and then go back to sleep. my mom is under hospice care and i just want her as pain free as possible and the hospice care team is doing a good job with that.

i don't know how many of you remember "dbobsnodgrass" who used to post in this forum in the yearly football thread that jan started? i was on facebook the other day and bob's brother had announced that bob had unexpectedly died on april 11th. bob had trigeminal neuralgia, which is constant pain in the jaw from a misfiring nerve. bob was on twitter constantly and he had such a sense of humor about many things. he also was a picture taker, often putting up pics of his neighborhood and other things on facebook. i will really miss bob. it's bummed me out the last couple of days.

dawn, is your new volunteer job with the department of natural resources? what are you going to be doing for them? i'm glad your daughter had a nice wedding. beef and fish are always hard to not overcook. chicken is pretty forgiving of culinary mistreatment...lol. it is hard when your daughters leave home...most of the time. i cried for 3 days when my middle daughter went to college. i had to tell my youngest one to leave...it was either that or we were going to kill each other.... seriously, i knew she could afford her own apartment and i never would have told her to leave if she couldn't make it on her own. i think she kind of wanted to be on her own, but thought i wanted her to stay because of my separation from her dad. she comes over and helps me every couple of weeks and she took care of me 2 years ago when i had to have surgery. we get along well now and she has matured a lot these last 2 years being on her own. so i think it all turned out well. dawn, once you find stuff to do that YOU like and look forward to, your depression will lessen. remember dee? i wonder how she is doing now. she had gone back to school and i would love to see her pop in and tell us how she is!

joy! i know you are grieving about donna, i hope you are feeling ok. julia, i keep meaning to pick up the phone and call you, but everything keeps happening and stops me from sitting down until the evening. i will get to you, i promise! pati, how are you doing? i guess your computer isn't fixed or you'd be here. maybe you can go to the library and give us a shout out?

well, i am going off to start dinner now. i am baking a forgiving chicken . i have been pulling up dandelions all afternoon. i can't use any of that poison in my yard because of my doggies. the lily-of-the-valley that my hubby had started about 5 years ago is finally spreading out quite a bit. i will let in grow back there under the lilacs. i love their smell!

thank you for sharing and caring and i love you all ,
    jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 05-08-2014 at 11:59 AM.
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Jeannie, I'm glad your mom seems to be doing good on the pain meds. Makes it easier for everyone. Sorry about your friend passing. I remember some of his post.

I did some data entry for the DNR. I won't be going back because I was all by myself and my pdoc wants me to be in an environment that there is social contact. It was tough being in front of a computer for 3 hours. I'm not use to that anymore since I had to quit my job six years ago. I can't believe I used to sit in front of a computer for eight hours a day. I will need to find some other place to volunteer.

I wish Joy, Julia and Pati would check in. I worry about them when they are gone for long periods.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Hi Ladies! Good Morning to you. Yes, it's quiet here, but please keep coming in.

I love my volunteer job at the zoo. I make my own hours. The staff is friendly, the animals are wonderful. I find peace and healing there.

Not much new here. I had a birthday on May 4...turned 68. ???

My days are spent doing little chores and hanging out with my dear birds.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm still alive, walking no talkin. Cj and I are still broke up but he's still here for a lot of reasons. It's excruciating. Some days I can forget it but I seem to have had a relapse emotionally over the last couple of days cause all i do is cry because I don't want him to go. He doesn't love me anymore. It hurts so bad because I know most of it was me. I can't write any more because all I do is cry, that's why I haven't been here. I have no life because I have no car.

Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314193959 ... LastLast