Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3284868737475767778

Thread: What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Oh, Jeannie -- you've worked soooo hard. Your garden is worth it! How lovely!
    I hope your dog does well. Pets mean so much.
    My precious cats were born in 2010 so they aren't young but they both are strong and healthy. Thank goodness!

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeannie I think about Nora often and wondered how she was faring since she lost her buddy. I know she is getting up there in years. I am so sorry. So terribly heartbreaking to see someone you love fade. I am glad you and your friend got some time together. Always helps to get out of the house and socialize. Not that i would know LOL. Your yard is amazing. So different when I was there.

Joy I hope to see you soon since you got a new laptop and that you are doing well.

Jingle how are things going your way?

I have been on the Trintillex for about three weeks now. I cannot cry lol. I have moments where I feel like crying but the meds have dummied down my emotions or something. My OCDs are much better and I do not feel so anxious ridden. I do feel a tad edgy, a bit jittery, almost irritable and very cocky. Doc wants to see me in four weeks to see how the side effects are doing and to keep an update on my heart rate. I noticed an absurd increase in appetite. I must watch this because if I gain weight my pain increases.

The Neurontin has been a life saver pain wise. Really takes the edge off and gives me a bit of energy which boosts my mood also. Only problem there is I still pay for any thing that I do, during the day, later. To the point to where it is hard to walk. Was burning some wood out in the firepit in our woods and bent over to pick up some wood and stood and started walking when a head rush over took me and almost dropped me to my knees, I made it to the lawn chair which held me up then plopped my fat butt down into it. Kind of brings the Life Alert to the fore front of one's mind. I feel like my body is abandoning me. Being Traitorous. The only thing that keeps me from achieving goals I want, simple goals, is my body and that makes me so angry.

Am still fostering and had to create a separate FB page for Chris's Fosters because I knew my friends were inundated with posts from me regarding animals and were getting tired of it. So on my regular FB page I am doing less animal posts and keeping everything separate. Only invited a few select friends to both pages.

Time to take a muscle relaxer for my back and have some lunch/leftovers, try and catch up on Supernatural. There are fifteen seasons and I thought I was good from season 10 but lo and behold I recognized very little from season 8 up. So back I go lol. Oh well it is a little guilty pleasure watching those young men all these years. Very entertaining.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by houghchrst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been moving back into my living room. Since I bought the Roku near Christmas and it won't work on the tv in the living room I have been spending late afternoons napping, then dinner for us all, then when everyone is fat and happy I go in my room and sit in bed and watch a movie or catch up on a Netflix or Hulu series. Very picky about what I watch. Tell my shortcake goodnight and go to bed and maybe take a couple tokes while I read, have a cigarette then lights out. Sooo the point is that I rigged up Jared's Christmas projector in the living room and hooked my Roku to it so now i have a mini theater in my living room. . Soooooo much cheaper than a new television and even though the light is limited, I think to 10,000 hours, replacing is still much cheaper than a new tv. The screen is so big that I had to fold part of it. I plan to try to put it up outside and do a movie or two maybe with some friends outside. I have the branch for it just outside the patio.
    id say get rid of roku and just use a Ethernet cord to wall for internet-i felt terrible with a roku
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey all!

so, wouldn't you know this meme i saw on fb that said the cool temps a few weeks ago were "false fall" in michigan was right.

of course, i have been in the garden. i dug a hole and put some decorative bricks around it so i could replant my hydrangea that i think is unhappy getting so little sun. i dug up a crimson barberry from my front yard and planted a spirea across the lawn from the other spirea. i bought some clover seed mixed with low growing grasses as an alternative to the weeds that have been my lawn that i keep cut short so it doesn't look like crap. i have zumba tonight, so i am just doing easy stuff like trimming plants so i can move them. when i am happy enough with my front yard (maybe in the spring), i will post a pic of that.

it is getting darker earlier now. by 8pm it's almost dark. it keeps getting dark earlier and earlier faster this time of year. i upped nora's pain meds again, because she's having difficulty again. we're going to the vet this friday to get a blood check on her, just to make sure this one med doesn't cause probs.

so, i am at my favorite fresh fruit and veggie market on saturday and i have to use their bathroom. so, i go in and smell that they must have recently cleaned the floor and there is one of those little, triangular signs out, too. i am in the bathroom 45 seconds and i am just smelling this cleaning solution. i get out of there, open the door and almost faint. i go to the check out line and i am talking out loud to the cashier to check me out quickly because i need air. she is trying to be polite and chat with me, but i don't want to chat i want to get the eff out of there. there are 2 women managers right in front of me. i say to them, that the bathroom cleaning solution is making me sick. then i start having a coughing fit. one of the women gets on the phone and calls some kind of code over the phone, but no one says anything to me...offers to help. i get out of there and it takes me half an hour before i can get the smell of this cleaning solution out of my nose and my lungs and of course, i am on the verge of a panic attack because i feel like i can't breathe right. anyways, like i said, in half an hour i was fine. i do not have any chemical sensitivity or lung probs. i smelled ammonia in the bathroom, but not like any cleaning solution. i am betting somebody who didn't know better mixed bleach and ammonia together, which causes a noxious gas.

so, anyways, i have been feeling in my ptsd mode the past several days. yesterday my son came home unexpectedly, after leaving for his baseball game. i was on the pc and i had the radio turned up pretty loud, but i heard the door opening and i froze. it took me about half a minute to remember nora was in the living room and she would bark if a stranger came in the house (unless she was totally zonked out). so, i call my son's name as i slowly walk through the house with my heavy metal candle holder in my hand. this candleholder is in a zig zag shape, like a bolt of lightning. it's heavy metal, copper colored, it's about a foot high and has all these sharp metal edges. it probably weighs close to a pound, maybe a little over. it looks so pretty, but i know i can inflict major damage with it. i go to the basement doorway and call my son's name. he's in the basement changing clothes, he says. i tell him to please give me a shout out when he comes into the house, especially if i'm not expecting him home. i tell him my ptsd is acting up lately and because i don't know when that will happen, that would he please just announce himself when he comes in. geez. i HATE this! i have to tell my son to say something when he comes in the door...but it's either that or flip out. this is why i don't have a gun, y'all...lol. although, i have thought of getting one. my younger daughter did, but she has a concealed weapon permit and shoots targets weekly.

so, i have to get back in my zen zone. zumba will help tonight. then a couple days of working in the garden. i bought about 5 books from our church bok sale on friday...books by my fave authors. stocking up for winter.

so, i think y'all are probably in a warm spell wherever you are because it's happening everywhere.

jingle and chris, thanks for the nice comments on the yard. you know, a couple weeks ago, i actually indulged myself and sat in my chaise lounge amongst my flowers. i rarely do that because i am constantly working on it. then i go into the yard next door to pick up a few sticks for fire kindling (my neighbor says it's ok for me to go in her yard), and i look at my garden as a whole and i think, wow! that's a nice garden....lol. and when people pass by my house and compliment me on my front yard, it's so nice to hear that i'm doing a good job because i am working so fricking hard.

clouds, i hope you're doing well, also. i didn't get a roku, although i did get a dvd player that plays stuff off netflix and roku and hulu, plus my dvd's.

joy, nice to see you pop in on my fb page and here .

thank you all for sharing and caring,
    jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

8. The following 3 users say "thanks"

oh i feel awful,my life sucks i guess
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3284868737475767778