Thread: quitting smoking

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up quitting smoking

Well y'all I was all concerned about faxing in my prescription for nicotine gum but while going through some paperwork I found the postage paid return envelope and immediately made Jared take it out to the mailbox. Yesterday I got an email from the Michigan Tobacco Quitline that they received it and are processing it. I am quitting Monday Oct 15, it will have been a year since I had my heart attack on the night of the 17th/18th and it will be a month short exactly of when I quit smoking in 2005. I am scared. I just keep reminding myself that it is going to happen. Building myself up for it. I have all kinds of things I can do to keep myself busy while I am going through withdrawals. I am hoping the gum will get me through the worst of it and that it is just nasty enough for me to get sick of that too. I will have to talk to all my docs because of all the meds I am taking. I am going to add some Fish oil to my morning regimen to help with my blood pressure, lethargy and depression. Will have to talk to heart doc about that too. I have meditation and breathing exercises already on my iPad for easy listening anywhere. Will be back to doing a lot of "Our Father"s, my rehab mantra through the worst of times. I don't say it enough. Wish me luck everyone.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I'm quitting again on October 2nd.
    Take care,
    Dawn

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

Dawn!!! Wow I hope you are well. Been a while. Is there a significance to the date? Good luck!! Never quit quitting! We'll kind of be quitting together.

6. The following user says "thanks"

potatoes have nicotene
    "Here's an unpopular opinion: I'm actually not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual assault/harassment allegations. Sorry. If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay." Teen Vogue writer Emily Lindin

Blog Entries

so do tomatoes and eggplant, maybe I'll just eat more potatoes to get through the withdrawals

9. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Never heard of tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant having nicotine. Interesting. That will be my new diet when I'm trying to quit.

Chris, no significance. Just picked a good date to quit. Really just wanted to drag it out. lol
    Take care,
    Dawn

11. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

How's it going? Have you quit? It's sure difficult but the results are amazing!

13. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Well I lasted 42 hours. I have not given up, the gum works surprisingly well

15. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Good for you! Don't give up - just keep trying.

17. The following user says "thanks"